And that is why I prefer cricket to football (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Sheer drama.

Love cricket. Love England. Love Matt Prior.

Otis

When it's a game like that, cricket can be right up there with the best sports in the world.

Wish it happened more often though.

Brighton Sky Blue

England have been awful in this and the first test. A superb effort to rescue this one but Australia will be looking forward to the Ashes on this showing.

Grendel

England have been awful in this and the first test. A superb effort to rescue this one but Australia will be looking forward to the Ashes on this showing.

Australia have been thumped in India and look in disarray.

kg82

Our lack of preparation for the NZ was woefully apparent-a shocking team who we should've beat comfortably.

We'll beat the aussies. If this series has shown one thing it's that we don't accept we're beaten. Hopefully Pietersen and Swann will be back too which can only be a good thing. Hoping that knock will help Bell as well.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I just can't get into cricket at all. The words "watch", "paint" and "dry" always spring to mind when I think of cricket! :sleep:

hutch1972

good job i'm on holiday, couldn't tear myself away from it. Bring on the summer !!!

With the constant shouts for a winter rest for football , have you seen the agenda for english cricket this year ?

Brighton Sky Blue

We'll beat the aussies. If this series has shown one thing it's that we don't accept we're beaten. Hopefully Pietersen and Swann will be back too which can only be a good thing. Hoping that knock will help Bell as well.

On a side note-Warks are absolutely battering the MCC. Certainly bodes well for next season.

skybluelee

Australia are awful. Decent seam attack, awful spinner, awful batting line up apart from Clarke, and he is an injury dount. I will attend the first game of next season naked if they regain the Ashes in England. England have been guilty of arrogance in this NZ series. You can guarantee 100% they will be bang on their game come July 10th.

skybluelee

Our lack of preparation for the NZ was woefully apparent-a shocking team who we should've beat comfortably.

Agree, it was unacceptable, You don't seriously think they will be just as sloppy in preparing for the Ashes do you? They went to Australia in 2011 as arguably the most prepared cricket side that has ever travelled to play any series in the world ever.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I direct your attention to your signature bar. ;)

And why has me not liking cricket have anything to do with stupidity? Each to their own. I feel the same way about a lot of things but it doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree, it was unacceptable, You don't seriously think they will be just as sloppy in preparing for the Ashes do you? They went to Australia in 2011 as arguably the most prepared cricket side that has ever travelled to play any series in the world ever.

Good point, and perhaps it serves as a bit of a wake up call for Cook-very different from our displays in India.

Otis

Australia are awful. Decent seam attack, awful spinner, awful batting line up apart from Clarke, and he is an injury dount. I will attend the first game of next season naked if they regain the Ashes in England. England have been guilty of arrogance in this NZ series. You can guarantee 100% they will be bang on their game come July 10th.

I doubt it.

July 10th? Will be snowed off.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Covstu

English eyes were on the ashes and not on NZ. We should have lost the test and got lucky lets face it. It was great drama but NEVER should have been in that position over the three tests so it was a lucky escape more than a great outcome in my view.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm afraid I'm a Worcestershire lad!! But I did see that and was a bit surprised!

A day of my walk last summer was briefly through Worcestershire-I was charged £4.50 for a lemonade. Suffice to say I was more than happy to see the 'Welcome to Shakespeare's County' sign just outside Bidford!

kg82

The Fleece Inn at Bretforton. Biggest rip off for a drink on the entire walk-and bear in mind I started in Brighton!

I think I've played football there but generally try to stay away from the Evesham area! The rolling hills of Malvern is where it's at - Elgar country!

Brighton Sky Blue

I think I've played football there but generally try to stay away from the Evesham area! The rolling hills of Malvern is where it's at - Elgar country!

But not desirable when you're doing 15 miles a day with a 10 kilo rucksack ;)

skybluelee

trust me on this one the aussies are NOT looking forward to the ashes one little bit

Good. After a decade and a half (1989-2003) of them hammering us in almost every game we played against them, in any format, I hope this mini period of dominace that we now have over them lasts and lasts.

The 2010/11 Ashes was the most enjoyable and amusing sporting contest in my lifetime. Day 1 at Melbourne (were you there?!) still makes me smile now when I think about it. Especially as it came after Ponting's mind games about how we wouldn't be able to cope with the pressure of playing in front of 90K fans. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Users who are viewing this thread