Ann Lucas email (1 Viewer)

wal3590

Dear Lee

I am sorry for taking some time to respond to your recent email; the last few weeks have been extremely busy. As you can imagine I have had many emails about our decision to sell our shares in ACL to Wasps (some supporting and others against the decision we made in the Council meeting) and I am trying to reply to them all - but it is taking some time to work through my inbox.

Since you sent your email of course, we have been able to share much more information about the decision and our reasons for making it, and I hope this has helped you understand why both we and Wasps think it is the right way forward for ourselves, the Ricoh and the club itself. Being unable to discuss this publicly over the past month or so has been extremely frustrating, but we were bound by very strict commercial confidentiality and non-disclosure clauses which meant we were simply unable to talk in detail about the deal.

As you will be aware, the Council has always made it clear it would consider any serious and credible offers for its shares. There had been no approach from CCFC or SISU to purchase ACL despite the Council’s position, as stated in public, that it would listen to any realistic offers. The football club has made it clear its intention remains to build its own stadium.

This deal means the football club are in exactly the same position they were when they came back to the Ricoh on the two tear plus two year deal. They now have the opportunity to build a new relationship with new shareholders, this is a fresh start and a great opportunity to build bridges. Wasps see the club as an important player in making Ricoh Arena a world class stadium.

More than a third of clubs in the Football League do not own their own stadium – so the football club is by no means in a unique position.

I do know that some people also have concerns about this issue and the franchising of sport but over the last ten years Wasps have made no secret of their determination to find a permanent home. Moving to the Ricoh gives them financial stability and a solid foundation for world-class rugby to be played and enjoyed in world-class surroundings.

Doing nothing was not an option - Wasps had planning permission to build a stadium turned down twice by Wycombe District Council. I know that everyone involved at Wasps are acutely aware of how many of their fans feel about the move. I have been impressed with the Chief Executive Nick Eastwood and the owner Derek Richardson's commitment to support their fans through the next few months, and their ongoing commitment to build links with Coventry schools, sports clubs (particularly Coventry Rugby Club and Coventry City Football Club).

This is not a decision any Coventry councillor made lightly, and no councillor would have supported the proposal if they believed it would have an adverse impact on the football club, Coventry Rugby Club, or the future of sport in this city. I know that all councillors have appreciated hearing the views of people on this issue, and the questions and concerns they received from people before the decision was made in Council were fully explored in briefings with officers and Wasps before that meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with me and let me know how you feel; I do appreciate it.

Kind regards
Ann Lucas
Leader of Coventry City Council

torchomatic

Ctr+C, Ctr+V.

stupot07

More than a third of clubs in the Football League do not own their own stadium – so the football club is by no means in a unique position.

Misleading, how many clubs have a matchday only rental deal, with no/little access to matchday revenuse and no access to 365 day year revenues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

As is the issue with Wycombe Council. So what? No excuse to move the club 80 odd miles. That decision was made solely by the owner.

Misleading, how many clubs have a matchday only rental deal, with no/little access to matchday revenuse and no access to 365 day year revenues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kg82

It's just lip service. Wasps did this, they've done that, we did this... Also putting in brackets at the start some in support some not - politician. Who gives a crap you haggard old wench.

torchomatic

And the bit about making sure the football and rugby clubs were OK is a bit annoying too.

It's just lip service. Wasps did this, they've done that, we did this... Also putting in brackets at the start some in support some not - politician. Who gives a crap you haggard old wench.

dongonzalos

Wasps promised to bring money jobs and development into the city.
SISU promising to take money jobs and development out of the city.

As a councillor do you annoy us Cov fans and 8000 wasps fans and do what is right for the other 300000 people.

Or the other way round. Unfortunately for us like it or not the council did their job.

torchomatic

They can promise anything they like though, can't they?

I tell you what Dongo. I promise that by 30th October 2034 CCFC will be top of the Premiership and European champions. We'll discuss it then, eh?

As a councillor do you annoy us Cov fans and 8000 wasps fans and do what is right for the other 300000 people.

Or the other way round. Unfortunately for us like it or not the council did their job.

Otis

Dear Lee

I am sorry for taking some time to respond to your recent email; the last few weeks have been extremely busy. As you can imagine I have had many emails about our decision to sell our shares in ACL to Wasps (some supporting and others against the decision we made in the Council meeting) and I am trying to reply to them all - but it is taking some time to work through my inbox.

Since you sent your email of course, we have been able to share much more information about the decision and our reasons for making it, and I hope this has helped you understand why both we and Wasps think it is the right way forward for ourselves, the Ricoh and the club itself. Being unable to discuss this publicly over the past month or so has been extremely frustrating, but we were bound by very strict commercial confidentiality and non-disclosure clauses which meant we were simply unable to talk in detail about the deal.

As you will be aware, the Council has always made it clear it would consider any serious and credible offers for its shares. There had been no approach from CCFC or SISU to purchase ACL despite the Council’s position, as stated in public, that it would listen to any realistic offers. The football club has made it clear its intention remains to build its own stadium.

This deal means the football club are in exactly the same position they were when they came back to the Ricoh on the two tear plus two year deal. They now have the opportunity to build a new relationship with new shareholders, this is a fresh start and a great opportunity to build bridges. Wasps see the club as an important player in making Ricoh Arena a world class stadium.

I do know that some people also have concerns about this issue and the franchising of sport but over the last ten years Wasps have made no secret of their determination to find a permanent home. Moving to the Ricoh gives them financial stability and a solid foundation for world-class rugby to be played and enjoyed in world-class surroundings.

Doing nothing was not an option - Wasps had planning permission to build a stadium turned down twice by Wycombe District Council. I know that everyone involved at Wasps are acutely aware of how many of their fans feel about the move. I have been impressed with the Chief Executive Nick Eastwood and the owner Derek Richardson's commitment to support their fans through the next few months, and their ongoing commitment to build links with Coventry schools, sports clubs (particularly Coventry Rugby Club and Coventry City Football Club).

This is not a decision any Coventry councillor made lightly, and no councillor would have supported the proposal if they believed it would have an adverse impact on the football club, Coventry Rugby Club, or the future of sport in this city. I know that all councillors have appreciated hearing the views of people on this issue, and the questions and concerns they received from people before the decision was made in Council were fully explored in briefings with officers and Wasps before that meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with me and let me know how you feel; I do appreciate it.

Kind regards
Ann Lucas
Leader of Coventry City Council

Don't wish to insinuate that this is just a generic email, but mine was addressed 'Dear Lee' too.

torchomatic

Ashdown

You've seen what this Labour council have done, you've seen the disloyalty...................but come voting time the City will turn red again and these incompetents will continually be rewarded for their questionable decisions?

mds

You've seen what this Labour council have done, you've seen the disloyalty...................but come voting time the City will turn red again and these incompetents will continually be rewarded for their questionable decisions?
The only time i prefer red over blue :)

torchomatic

Well, I can't vote in Cov obviously, but as a lifelong leftie it's Labour politicians like Lucas that really rile me.

duffer

And the bit about making sure the football and rugby clubs were OK is a bit annoying too.

It's an absolute insult that - they must think we're bloody idiots. The future of both those teams is now at the whim of Wasps.

Whatever 'promises' might have been made clearly they are under no obligation to help either side, and it's hard to believe that an owner who doesn't care about Wasps' own fans will worry overmuch about CCFC's or CRFC's.

lewys33

7483f80f1b552b9a6d601b2a6f13d10d22d1177d0bc48f5852452605ccaea556.jpg

italiahorse

It was a council decision not just hers.
Have you asked the other 290,000 rate payers if they got it wrong? I think you would be surprised at the answer.

Also, Sisu didn't do this, they didn't do that. That's why we are here.

Why did they not put an offer in ?
Ask yourself.

fernandopartridge

Have you asked the other 290,000 rate payers if they got it wrong? I think you would be surprised at the answer.

Ask yourself.
We can't judge the deal as the council area hiding behind commercial confidentiality.

I doubt very much the Information Commissioner will think the council not disclosing whether their loan has been repaid is in the public interest.

kg82

Ask yourself.

Erm, what? I'm talking about her generic crap email. Political speak of the highest order. But I'll go with it... Have YOU asked the 290k other rate payers?!

wal3590

My name is Lee yes ha, I think I sent her a bit of abuse when the wasps rumours were about as she had previously told me the council had absolutely no intention of letting the Ricoh go

Covstu

Erm, what? I'm talking about her generic crap email. Political speak of the highest order. But I'll go with it... Have YOU asked the 290k other rate payers?!

Response from one tax payer (me):
Did i agree to bail out ACL - Nope
Did i agree that they flog 50% of ACL to a rugby club in London - Nope

Ian1779

Response from one tax payer (me):
Did i agree to bail out ACL - Nope
Did i agree that they flog 50% of ACL to a rugby club in London - Nope

Number of fucks given about the taxpayer by Anne and her cronies - 0

Sbarcher

Hmmm local council, Wycombe deny a club from building their own stadium when one already exists. Now there's a thought!

Otis

The cheeky buggers!

My councillor promised me he would reply to my takeover concerns after the vote had taken place.

He has never ever done that. I have however just recieved an email a couple of mins ago from him.

'This is just a note to let you know that a public meeting has been arranged by Allesley Parish Council to discuss proposals contained in the City Council’s Local Development Plan.'

So he didn't reply but just thought it okay to add me to his distribution list of general info.

:censored::censored::censored:

letsallsingtogether

What do people actually expect?

When have any politician done what they said they would?

Just like managers at work we want to be open and tell you everything.

Utter bullshit their are those in the know and then their is everyone else.

We are not worthy of information.

As a middle manger I have been told one thing!!! and fuck me they do the opposite and then blame everyone else

Otis

What do people actually expect?

When have any politician done what they said they would?

Just like managers at work we want to be open and tell you everything.

Utter bullshit their are those in the know and then their is everyone else.

We are not worthy of information.

As a middle manger I have been told one thing!!! and fuck me they do the opposite and then blame everyone else

As far as i am concerned, the whole world has gone mad with its budget/profit/budget/target/profit/budget etc.

I used to work for a charity. Used to be a fab place to work for, in the top 100 companies to be employed by. Then about 4 years ago it all became about hitting targets and budgeting and the personal, caring touch went straight out the window.

Used to talk to people on the phone with problems and I would be there to listen and to help. Suddenly it was 'don't stay on the phone more than 5 mins.'

My wife works part time at Wilko's and has done now for 12 years. It used to be a really friendly place and very much a family company. I even actually knew the Wilkinson family (my wife's best friend married Mr. Wilkinson's son).

Anyway, it has now deteriorated out of all proportion. The last 3-4 years it has been increasing workloads in shorter timescales and them setting all but impossible targets in terms of workloads.

There's always stacks of jobs going over Christmas and usually at the Cov store they take on about 20 or so extra workers (mostly students). This year there will be no-one taken on, despite a massively increased workload that Christmas always brings.

Wilko's are expanding at a very fast pace and are now pretty much countrywide, where previously they had been a Midland and North based company.

Seems the better they do the more they punish the workers and ask for the all but impossible.

I'm so glad I got out the rat race when I did. I hate what the world of business is becoming in many ways.

Grendel

Please provide evidence to support the claim that these promises are in writing and part of the deal.

mighty quinn

They have to make an offer to buy the Ricoh to have full revenue streams. Thy did not.who's to blame.

RoboCCFC90

To be honest I couldn't give a shit what Ann Lucas has to say..

Just thought that had to be said for no reason whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

They can promise anything they like though, can't they?

I tell you what Dongo. I promise that by 30th October 2034 CCFC will be top of the Premiership and European champions. We'll discuss it then, eh?

I will rehash this thread when we do. :)

Although on a serious not they have signed a contract and I assume payed some money

Users who are viewing this thread