Announcement on Ricoh future today - The Coventry Building Society Arena (1 Viewer)

hill83

Didn’t Coventry Building Society adopt ‘The Coventry’ as their name/brand not long back? Or have I made that up? The Coventry Arena wouldn’t be bad.

Yes. They had one in Nottingham and after nights out at walking past it we’d start cov songs without fail.

chiefdave

Not very impressed with how this has been announced on the CBS website.
We’re buzzing to announce that Wasps’ 32,000 seat stadium is going to be renamed the Coventry Building Society Arena
The home of Wasps Rugby and Wasps Netball, and hosting conferences, live music and global events, the Coventry Building Society Arena will bring people together.
Strong community values is something we have in common with Wasps

ccfcricoh

1620213003416.png

Whats not to like, right colours, has our name in it, and the "Coventry" is the biggest part of the logo, will look good on the ground but the name is a mouthful!

OffenhamSkyBlue

Surprised its the building society to be honest. Can't imagine they're putting up the big bucks and if they are won't their members have something to say being as they are a mutual and supposed to operate in its members best interest?
Presume that's who Wasps have got their massive mortgage with??

SBAndy

Didn’t Coventry Building Society adopt ‘The Coventry’ as their name/brand not long back? Or have I made that up? The Coventry Arena wouldn’t be bad.

Although given they’re self-publicising as Coventry Building Society Arena I guess they changed back!

matesx

Cov business supporting Wasps?

Move your mortgage in protest.

(unless we are getting a slice)

hill83

I’ve only ever really said I’m going to the match/game or up the city anyway.

“I’m going to the Ricoh Arena today to watch Coventry City play a football match” doesn’t sound the same.

wingy

They were mooted quite a way back weren't they, possibly before Wasps rolled up.
Last time I checked their rates were higher than the competition.
Does that mean they can afford this or that they have less custom than the rest?

Liquid Gold

I’ve only ever really said I’m going to the match/game or up the city anyway.

“I’m going to the Ricoh Arena today to watch Coventry City play a football match” doesn’t sound the same.
Chav

I've always gone for

"I'm going to the Ricoh Arena, built by The Miller Partnership and opening in 2005 to watch a match of professional association football involving Coventry City Football Club (founded in 1883 as Singers FC) and [insert opposition details]. The game will be played in the SkyBet Championship, the second tier of the English football pyramid.

Gynnsthetonic

Looking forward to going to Craven Cottage next season singing to the Fulham fans "Where were you, where were you, where were you at Coventry Building Society Arena, where were you at the Coventry Building Society Arena"

Sky Blue Harry H

Haven't looked back through thread yet, but guessing that there are several 'lack of interest' jokes?

Rich Williams off CWR making out that it will be difficult to sing 'EIEIEIO off to the Cov Building Society Arena we go', as if we used to sing that about the Ricoh?!?!?

David O'Day

Very little mention of the City in the press release, surprise, surprise it's all Wasps this, Wasps that. Well I say Wasps, bunch of cunts and always will be!

To be fair it is a deal between CBS and Wasps to rename the stadium Wasps own.

Users who are viewing this thread