Announcement ? (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

Three wise men will come to the Ricoh next week from the east, the hotel will be fully booked, they'll kip in a shed near the scrap yard and 3 sheppards from Cov Utd will announce the birth of the son of God.

from the East???? is that the chinese back in again hahaha

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Wasps are going to change their name to "Coventry wasps" and then bugger off to ground share at the New Plough Lane with Wimbledon.

chiefdave

I'm not going games out side city boundaries personally. Hope this news is not true

Wouldn't you need to see where it actually is first? If for example its in Ansty near the business park does it really matter if it is one side of an invisible line or not?

covcity4life

Wouldn't you need to see where it actually is first? If for example its in Ansty near the business park does it really matter if it is one side of an invisible line or not?

Ansty is far away. I live next to ricoh so for selfish reasons obv I love ricoh. But I went Highfield.road too. But Ansty? Too far I say.

Ok obviously I'd go to some games a season but not majority like I do now.

Nick

Administrator
I think it makes sense to see where it is before making a judgement.

Gazolba

I have been told a Coventry club will be making an announcement on Monday, that might turn a few heads and change a few minds regarding their future plans.

Joy Seppala has a new hairdo.

dongonzalos

The airport and coombe Abbey is outside Coventry isn't it? There's a difference between them and hinckley

If there is a suitable option with Coventry from a business perspective. It makes more sense to forget about a petty fuede and think about the pound signs. However I think the council said there wasn't one. If they look at the demographics of the supporter base Hinckley would be a very risky move.
Barker Butts if in anyway possible would need to be an 18k stadium minimum if the playing side continues to allowed to be ran in this fashion.

martcov

If there is a suitable option with Coventry from a business perspective. It makes more sense to forget about a petty fuede and think about the pound signs. However I think the council said there wasn't one. If they look at the demographics of the supporter base Hinckley would be a very risky move.
Barker Butts if in anyway possible would need to be an 18k stadium minimum if the playing side continues to allowed to be ran in this fashion.

The Butts not Barker Butts.

Nick

Administrator
Ha barker butts??? Ever been there?

Otis

Yeah, if it's 2 foot over the city boundary, wouldn't it be very odd for a fan to say he's not going any more?

tisza

"If they look at the demographics of the supporter base"
serious question what are the demographics of the supporter base? anything official or just guesswork?

dongonzalos

"If they look at the demographics of the supporter base"
serious question what are the demographics of the supporter base? anything official or just guesswork?

Hinkley way gets a lot of competition from Leicester moreso now than ever before.

Nick

Administrator
9000 at Coundon Road at the bottom of Barkers Butts Lane in 1996
Barker butts is a small rugby club, coundon road ground isn't there now.

Where are you suggesting playing? The flats in coundon, the small rugby club that would be like a football's copsewood or at the butts?

dongonzalos

Barker butts is a small rugby club, coundon road ground isn't there now.

Where are you suggesting playing? The flats in coundon, the small rugby club that would be like a football's copsewood or at the butts?

No I made a typo and put the Barkers in front of the Butts (out of habit) Which you pointed it out and asked if I have ever been there.
I have played rugby for Barkers Butts so yes I have played at their field and bern in the club house.
I have also been to Bakers Butts Lane and Coundon Road Stadium just after Barkers Butts Lane.

rupert_bear

Any move to locate our home ground an inch outside the city boundary should be resisted with the whole might of our fan base in the way someone like our late messiah Jimmy Hill with his full faculties would have done.

Calista

No I made a typo and put the Barkers in front of the Butts (out of habit) Which you pointed it out and asked if I have ever been there.
I have played rugby for Barkers Butts so yes I have played at their field and bern in the club house.
I have also been to Bakers Butts Lane and Coundon Road Stadium just after Barkers Butts Lane.

Clearly another typo, but do you mean you have been in the clubhouse, or you were born in the clubhouse? If the latter, your mum must have been a big rugby fan :)

italiahorse

I think it makes sense to see where it is before making a judgement.

Would it not be best to asked the fans before committing to a sight.
Or at least ask where fans would travel giving several scenarios.
I would probably go to Ansty M6 J2 but would not go to Hinckley, Kenilworth or Rugby towns at all.

dongonzalos

What do people think is the reason for the delay in explaining any progress on the stadium? My opinion is it is all getting delayed whilst the legal action is happening.

Users who are viewing this thread