Another bitter Sunderland fan (1 Viewer)

GRIM REAPER

I would like to ask Grim Reaper if he thought the dive Seb Larsson did at Wolves earlier this season was an attempt to cheat by winning a penalty, and the three points gained for a win, or did he think Larson was actually fouled and it was a penalty.

It was the worst dive i've seen in 45 years of watching football, including the disgrace that is Ashley Young ,and the twat that is Didier Drogba. Did we see or hear Sunderland AFC come out after that game to apologise to the rest of the teams in the league for trying to gain three points by cheating.

NO is the answer

The Rev

i'll give you a quick answer. it was discussed at length on the sunderland forum.
opinions ranging from a blatant dive and a disgrace right through to a penalty.
he certainly made it look good but in his defense he was moving at speed so he was going to go flying whatever happened.

you won't like this but i thought it was a penalty*. if he'd carried on his run without any deviation there would have been very solid contact.
not really allowed but a penalty AND a booking for larsson may have been a "fair" outcome. i know the rules and that penalty had a lots of grey areas.

*i have to point out if you watch closely that it was actually outside the box(so no pen) but i won't be pedantic as that isn't the point your trying to make.

you are welcome to disagree and many sunderland fans would and did take your viewpoint.
for the record the penalty was missed and we didn't win the game. not that it matters.

procdoc

i'll give you a quick answer. it was discussed at length on the sunderland forum.
opinions ranging from a blatant dive and a disgrace right through to a penalty.
he certainly made it look good but in his defense he was moving at speed so he was going to go flying whatever happened.

you won't like this but i thought it was a penalty*. if he'd carried on his run without any deviation there would have been very solid contact.
not really allowed but a penalty AND a booking for larsson may have been a "fair" outcome. i know the rules and that penalty had a lots of grey areas.

*i have to point out if you watch closely that it was actually outside the box(so no pen) but i won't be pedantic as that isn't the point your trying to make.

you are welcome to disagree and many sunderland fans would and did take your viewpoint.
for the record the penalty was missed and we didn't win the game. not that it matters.
It was a blatant dive, therefore he cheated. It's ok for Sunderland to cheat though isn't it you pathetic little man

Joy Division

Back in the late 90’s during the Premier League years we had a home fixture against Sunderland at Highfield Road. (this may well have been the Nicky Summerbee career ender on Steve Froggatt match but I’m not sure) I was about 16 at the time and this was the first game that my younger brother who was probably 10 years old came along with me and my dad to see the City. The Sunderland support I seem to remember as being quite a reasonable following, maybe talking up most of the two tiers of the old Sky Blue Stand if I’m not mistaken. I always remember my brother asking me why the Sunderland fans were so much louder than the home fans, I told him most away fans are always pretty lively and more vocal than home fans, we were in the West Stand upper and quite close to them so that did make quite a difference. What I couldn’t explain to Luke was why 3,000+ Sunderland fans were singing “You’re just a town full of Paki’s”. When I say 3,000+ I mean it wasn’t just a small minority of them, it was VERY loud and as loud as all the other songs they were chanting that day. This was chanted and directed at the Cov fans at least 3 or 4 times during that match.

Never before or since have I ever heard an opposition support so unified in their RACISM. Whenever I think back at the most vile, disgusting and shameful incidents I’ve witnessed at Cov this tops them all. Small minded bigoted small town mentality that for me will always portray Sunderland fans in a shameful light.

Call us cheats if you like, revel in how you’ve been ill-treated for all these years, rejoice at our demise and continue to pursue the moral high ground over fans who weren’t even born then this incident took place in 1977. But at least weren’t RACIST like Sunderland fans were that day, I would be so ashamed if I were a Sunderland fan in the crowd that day.

Moff

I see he has shut his site, due to an amount of criticism!

What did he expect:facepalm:

The thing that makes me laugh is that it appears that he got some grief from a Newcastle fan, mocking Sunderland and he threw his dolly out of the pram.

A pure case of giving it but not being able to take it, or having that huge Wearside chip weighing heavily on his shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread