Another Icelander...? (1 Viewer)

Skybluedar

Where have you got this information? I note that this is your first post? It seems unlikely that the club will allow their top scorer to come over on trial when we are only looking for a player on loan, no transfer fee which I am sure they would want if he is going to move here at all. I am not going to read too much into this until there is some sort of confirmation from a reliable source.

welshyccfc

This lad is realy gd he was at celtic but never realy got the chance because of top class forwards this would b a great adfition :)

Sub

COVENTRY CITY have handed a trial to an Icelandic striker as Andy Thorn looks to beef up his strike-force in the January transfer window.
Kjartan Henry Finnbogason who has joined the club on trial although he is not necessarily seen as the immediate answer to City’s goal-shy attack.
See Alan Poole's weekly CCFC video verdict above...

“We’ll have a good look at him,” said the City boss.
The 25-year-old former Celtic trainee scored 12 goals in 19 premier league games in Norway last season, and 21 in 35 games in all competitions.
Thorn added: "It’s an area we need to strengthen and that’s what I intend to do. We need freshening up."
The Sky Blues boss is desperate to add more firepower to his squad after the departure of top-scorer Lukas Jutkiewicz to Middlesbrough in a £2m deal earlier this week.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...iceland-striker-92746-30163035/#ixzz1jz1Q3otB

@richh87

Wierd - why would he be allowed to come on trial to a club who are unlikely to stump up the cash to buy him?!

pusbccfc

jackdg

If he is still playing in Iceland, it is the off-season there until April-May so even if it's loan it could work out well for his parent club for us to have him until our end of season.

Could be a fairly decent signing in a position where we are desperately weak

K13rno

Where have you got this information? I note that this is your first post? It seems unlikely that the club will allow their top scorer to come over on trial when we are only looking for a player on loan, no transfer fee which I am sure they would want if he is going to move here at all. I am not going to read too much into this until there is some sort of confirmation from a reliable source.

Is it any wonder people don't want to post things on here when you get shot down for writing a "first post" turns out the first post had some substance to it #cretin

SBCharlie

Is it any wonder people don't want to post things on here when you get shot down for writing a "first post" turns out the first post had some substance to it #cretin

Hi K13rno...like you I'm a new poster and I thought long and hard before raising my head above the parapet. I think I would make a couple on general observations:
1. Learn to develop a thick skin and 2, if you have a reliable source then quote it from the start. There are too many wind-up merchants on this and other boards that it's not surprising that other posters can be bit sceptical of good news posts if there is no apparent back-up to it.
Relax, enjoy and keep posting.:)

SBT

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Been on and off of several sides scouting radar according the the internet. Sounds like a bit of a mixed bag. Got to be worth a shot though rite?

procdoc

He could be the sort of player who proves to be a great piece of business. In our position you have to take chances on players, one gem could save our season?

superskyblue

I'd be more than happy to give him a go, he's an unproven goalscorer at Championship level; our other strikers are proven non-goalscorers at Championship level.

SkyBluegilby

Would be good,

Didnt know much/anything about Gunnar when he signed, seems to be a lot of quality in the Scandanavian leagues, tends to be a vailiable at a fraction of what you would play for an English Player of the same calibre,

Not mention he has a class name,

Signhimupasson!

davebart

some absolutely shocking defending in that video.

not sure about the comment 'top class strikers' at Celtic either.

ccfchandsy

For god sake guys everyone moans like fucking mad when we don't get anyone in yet when we do you guy fucking slate the players they try to bring in who are you expecting messi or something just get behind your bloody team our bloody team our sky blues

Users who are viewing this thread