Another MP rushing to get involved (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/not-good-enough-mp-slams-11784572

Strange how they are all having a go at the football league because they haven't turned round and said straight out they will prevent any move.

Looking even more like pressure to limit options to the Ricoh and the Ricoh only doesn't it?

It is clear that the only organisation able to resolve this situation is the Football League, it is important that they do more to reassure the fans that they are doing all they can to bring this matter to a head and ensure that a long term deal is reached that will work for both CCFC and Wasps.

Why are football league the only organisation who can resolve it? They can't do anything. Why don't people realise this?

She should be shouting at Wasps to carry on negotiations surely?

She has no idea what she is talking about.

Kingokings204

She hasn't got a clue what she is saying. Where was she 4 years ago? Still if it gets her some headlines and makes her look like she cares whilst passing the blame on others I.e the football league, then all is ok.

The football league whilst they are spineless and crap I don't see what they can do. They had more chance before we moved to Northampton. Now the Ricoh has been sold then I don't see what they can do? If wasps want us gone then thats what will happen.

Nick

Administrator
Because it is trying to put pressure on the club, they are trying to get the FL to see they are going to block any requests to move but they can't.

By saying the FL are the only ones who can sort this mess is way off, the only people who have major control are Wasps and then it is down to them and CCFC to agree a deal.

If Wasps offer a deal, the FL can have a look and judge it. If it is a good deal for the club then the FL can insist they accept it, if it isn't then they can't force the club to accept a deal that could kill them off.

Oh, apparently she voted for the Wasps sale too....

bluesky88

This issue will never get resolved whilst SISU own the football club. Even if they said they would end the legal battles so talks could continue once they have got what they want they would start if all over again. They must be sitting back laughing at everyone rushing around trying to save the club and academy whilst they do nothing as usual. Having washed their hands of the football side they can now watch the cash roll in from player sales ie Middison, Wilson etc. Why would they need to do anything else?.

Nick

Administrator
This issue will never get resolved whilst SISU own the football club. Even if they said they would end the legal battles so talks could continue once they have got what they want they would start if all over again. They must be sitting back laughing at everyone rushing around trying to save the club and academy whilst they do nothing as usual. Having washed their hands of the football side they can now watch the cash roll in from player sales ie Middison, Wilson etc. Why would they need to do anything else?.

What cash is actually rolling in though?

The actual big damage was caused the day the Ricoh was sold. It makes CCFC even harder to get new owners and still damages the club even if SISU walked away tomorrow.

Nick

Administrator
There's 1 bloke actually saying Wasps moved their games to CCFC could play Saturdays as well...

bluesky88

I once went to a half time meeting when Tim Fisher openly said that 'the club did not want to own the Ricoh and they were quite happy to pay £400K a year rent'.
They never had any intention of spending money to buy the Ricoh, they wanted it for next to nothing. If they had carried on paying the rent and held talks I am sure an agreement would have been reached. However if SISU had got the Ricoh I bet you any money the would have sold it on to, lets say Wasps for a very handsome profit and to the detriment of the football club. These are professional people who know every trick in the book both financially and legally. They are in complete control and just waiting for someone to do something for them.

Nick

Administrator
I once went to a half time meeting when Tim Fisher openly said that 'the club did not want to own the Ricoh and they were quite happy to pay £400K a year rent'.
They never had any intention of spending money to buy the Ricoh, they wanted it for next to nothing. If they had carried on paying the rent and held talks I am sure an agreement would have been reached. However if SISU had got the Ricoh I bet you any money the would have sold it on to, lets say Wasps for a very handsome profit and to the detriment of the football club. These are professional people who know every trick in the book both financially and legally. They are in complete control and just waiting for someone to do something for them.

If they never intended to buy it, why would they want it for next to nothing which still means buying it.

rob9872

What cash is actually rolling in though?

The actual big damage was caused the day the Ricoh was sold. It makes CCFC even harder to get new owners and still damages the club even if SISU walked away tomorrow.

It started way before that when we sold Highfield Road. I don't think we ever owned the Ricoh as it was sold during construction. Been over this ground many times and as bad as SISU are, they are simply the latest in a long line of mismanagement.

Nick

Administrator
It started way before that when we sold Highfield Road. I don't think we ever owned the Ricoh as it was sold during construction. Been over this ground many times and as bad as SISU are, they are simply the latest in a long line of mismanagement.

I'd love nothing more than a Journo to go on a rampage and hammer the council, past owners, sisu, higgs, wasps. Just dig, dig and dig about them all.

fernandopartridge

It's fuck all to do with the Football League. The pertinent question is why Coventry City Council believed that two clubs, who both need the income generated by the Ricoh, would easily work side by side.

Nick

Administrator
It's fuck all to do with the Football League. The pertinent question is why Coventry City Council believed that two clubs, who both need the income generated by the Ricoh, would easily work side by side.

Because Wasps told them it would be ok. Simple as that.

Now the MP's are shouting about the Football League to do something.

chiefdave

It is clear that the only organisation able to resolve this situation is the Football League, it is important that they do more to reassure the fans that they are doing all they can to bring this matter to a head and ensure that a long term deal is reached that will work for both CCFC and Wasps.
How does that work then? The FL can only look at any agreement presented to them by the club and either say they are happy with it and will allow the club to continue in the League or that they aren't happy with it.
I would say the league are low down on the list of organisations who can resolve this. Maybe she should be looking at Wasps, who are refusing to talk to the club, or the council, who are refusing to assist the club unless a ransom is paid.

chiefdave

I hope these MPs are suddenly sounding off because the CT have been on to them and not because we're about to get another kick in the teeth.

Nick

Administrator
It shows just how clueless she is about the situation, and she had a vote to bring Wasps here...

dongonzalos

Because it is trying to put pressure on the club, they are trying to get the FL to see they are going to block any requests to move but they can't.

By saying the FL are the only ones who can sort this mess is way off, the only people who have major control are Wasps and then it is down to them and CCFC to agree a deal.

If Wasps offer a deal, the FL can have a look and judge it. If it is a good deal for the club then the FL can insist they accept it, if it isn't then they can't force the club to accept a deal that could kill them off.

Oh, apparently she voted for the Wasps sale too....

I take it you do know that the football league can block any move out of the city or over a certain distance if they want. If the club can't provide sufficient proof of an intended return.
I assume when you say they can't you just don't think they will?

Nick

Administrator
I take it you do know that the football league can block any move out of the city or over a certain distance if they want. If the club can't provide sufficient proof of an intended return.
I assume when you say they can't you just don't think they will?
There's a game on soon ;)

There's one stadium in Coventry, they can't force wasps.

dongonzalos

There's a game on soon ;)

There's one stadium in Coventry, they can't force wasps.

Very good point, No they can't force Wasps.
Unfortunately I don't think it is going to be much of a game.
I am normally an optimist but I just want us to get through the 90 mins with no injuries

chiefdave

Not a question just for you but for anyone that wants the FL to get involved and prevent the club moving out of the city.
What happens if Wasps then turn round and say the rent is £2.5m a year and the club has no choice to reject it. The Butts isn't an option. So when the FL act as some are asking them to does the club just drop out of the league?

Hobo

Not a question just for you but for anyone that wants the FL to get involved and prevent the club moving out of the city.
What happens if Wasps then turn round and say the rent is £2.5m a year and the club has no choice to reject it. The Butts isn't an option. So when the FL act as some are asking them to does the club just drop out of the league?

The FL are there to support and advise clubs and ensure their rules are upheld.

They are not there to run clubs or make them financially viable. That is the owners responsibility. Lots of clubs have gone out of the league (and been replaced by other clubs). We are not a special case.

If the club were moved out of the city and I am not talking just outside the boundary. I am talking relocation to another town or city, then that would re brand the club. For many that would kill off their association with the club. The badge for instance would be redundant.

I have always had the choice to travel down the road to watch, Villa, Blues, Wolves or even Man U or Liverpool. But there is no association with those clubs. I have lived away from Coventry but coming back to watch them was coming home.

A move away would re brand the club and for many would kill the club. The sad thing is many parties who have run the club are to blame for this situation. But SISU have been the worst and have never had any intention of building a ground. Just like they have no intention of building their own academy facilities. The thing is if they had of got the Ricoh, I see no evidence that they would have ran it well for the benefit of the club.

Users who are viewing this thread