Another nice positive article in the CT (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It's a pr war again isn't it, still banging on about ticket prices.

Surely if he wanted to know if sisu were making money he could check the accounts?

The Gentleman

Nick

Administrator
This is a serious question, if you hate the CT so much, why do you read it? I cannot stand certain papers and just will not pick them up for the shite they write
Because it's the paper reporting about our football team.

Is also frustrating that the local paper doesn't seem to like the club very much.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't we pay for Jones?

You can guarantee the word on the street will be sisu are making millions now

The Gentleman

Because it's the paper reporting about our football team.

Is also frustrating that the local paper doesn't seem to like the club very much.

But that doesn't mean you have to read it if people really hate it that much. I don't hate the CT but don't like it either, I just don't read it. There has been reports about us in other papers I cannot stand and I won't read them.

Ian1779

Trouble is don they are buried in his misinformed opinion. It's a lazy article with little effort to say anything positive.

Nick

Administrator
It's another case of the loudest not always being correct.

It doesn't say how much he thinks they have pocketed off player transfers.

The scary thing is, shit like that is taken as fact and will be repeated.

stupot07

Hes just tweeted we only pay 40% of our turnover on wages, his the hell he knows I'll never know, the last accounts 14/15 say our turnover was around £4.7m and staffing costs were £5m.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Galey

The article is quite accurate, what about season ticket prices tne increases do hit the loyal supporters but as Juggy says he supports encouraging ways of increasing support from younger supporters. What has happened to the money received from transfers it certainly has not been invested in the team?

As a hedgefund they pay a return to their investors in the current market an annual return of 5% would be seen as being good. Let us believe that Sisu has invested £50m in the club then they need an an ual repayment to their investors of £2.5m. This is not unlike the bond introduced by Wasps other than we know exactly what the terms and conditions are with thst bond but we are totally in the dark about the financial dealings of Sisu and/or CCFCc.

I reckon the mathematics outlined by Juggy make a lot of sense, Sisu is able to cover their investment I bet they were annoyed when they lost their 2018 repayment when he failed to sign and joined Everton. What will happen to this plan when the Club loses Cat 2 status for the Academy.

Nick

Administrator
So if he is correct can you point it out in the accounts where the money is?

Will be interesting to know when it was written, still going on about season ticket prices and not mentioning the fee for Jones..

Season tickets are pretty much what they were before the discount last session.

Have they actually been taking 2.5 million a year out of the club?

Ian1779

The article is quite accurate, what about season ticket prices tne increases do hit the loyal supporters but as Juggy says he supports encouraging ways of increasing support from younger supporters. What has happened to the money received from transfers it certainly has not been invested in the team?

As a hedgefund they pay a return to their investors in the current market an annual return of 5% would be seen as being good. Let us believe that Sisu has invested £50m in the club then they need an an ual repayment to their investors of £2.5m. This is not unlike the bond introduced by Wasps other than we know exactly what the terms and conditions are with thst bond but we are totally in the dark about the financial dealings of Sisu and/or CCFCc.

I reckon the mathematics outlined by Juggy make a lot of sense, Sisu is able to cover their investment I bet they were annoyed when they lost their 2018 repayment when he failed to sign and joined Everton. What will happen to this plan when the Club loses Cat 2 status for the Academy.

He barely managed 3 words acknowledging the new deal for young fans. He comments about the notion of self sufficiency - yet seems to think the club has no costs other than player wages or transfer fees.

Not quite sure how you can relate anything to the Wasps bond deal really?

With respect Juggy hasn't done any Maths... Just randomly picked some numbers out of the sky.

Nick

Administrator
£25000 i believe, not a great deal for the money received mind from our previous sales
Where's that from? Very low though considering we fought off competition and they were turning down 200 plus last autumn

Do we not think if the club were making money and taking money out for themselves it would have been headline news in the telegraph?

chiefdave

This is a serious question, if you hate the CT so much, why do you read it? I cannot stand certain papers and just will not pick them up for the shite they write
I don't hate the CT for a start, just wish they would support our club. And its not like we have numerous options as far as local media goes.

stupot07

£25000 i believe, not a great deal for the money received mind from our previous sales
No chance its that low, they rejected higher offers from Charlton (£250k I believe) and other clubs.

We don't actually know how much we got up front for maddison, and how much of that mowvray wasted on wages for the likes of Henderson and hunt, et

chiefdave

The article is quite accurate, what about season ticket prices tne increases do hit the loyal supporters but as Juggy says he supports encouraging ways of increasing support from younger supporters. What has happened to the money received from transfers it certainly has not been invested in the team.
That's what I mean a simple bit of fact checking and he would know what he was asserting in the article was wrong. But now its been published in the CT it will be taken as fact.
Season tickets have reverted to what they were previously as enough season tickets were sold to impact walk up but not enough to cover the lower price. That meant the club didn't have the funds to cover the seasons budget which led to the sale of Maddison.
And of course transfer money doesn't come in all at once it is paid in instalments.

This is not unlike the bond introduced by Wasps other than we know exactly what the terms and conditions are with thst bond but we are totally in the dark about the financial dealings of Sisu and/or CCFCc.
The bond issue has a guaranteed interest rate doesn't it? A hedge fund investment is high risk high reward.

The maths don't match up with what's in the accounts so how can they make sense?

sticker

No chance its that low, they rejected higher offers from Charlton (£250k I believe) and other clubs.

We don't actually know how much we got up front for maddison, and how much of that mowvray wasted on wages for the likes of Henderson and hunt, et

as with all of Sisu;s dealings, its undisclosed so we will never know, £300k from Charlton so you are nearer the mark

Users who are viewing this thread