Another nice positive article in the CT (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hes just tweeted we only pay 40% of our turnover on wages, his the hell he knows I'll never know, the last accounts 14/15 say our turnover was around £4.7m and staffing costs were £5m.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I'm thinking he's basing that on the other day it was predicted our turnover for the coming season would be £5-5.5 million. Yet we've been told our budget will be the same which will be £2-2.5 million.

So rather than being in the know he's just drawing conclusion from the number that have been reported.

chiefdave

I'm thinking he's basing that on the other day it was predicted our turnover for the coming season would be £5-5.5 million. Yet we've been told our budget will be the same which will be £2-2.5 million.
But he's gone from that to saying that SISU are taking millions out. Someone needs to tell him turnover and profit aren't the same.

stupot07

So rather than being in the know he's just drawing conclusion from the number that have been reported.

But he's gone from that to saying that SISU are taking millions out. Someone needs to tell him turnover and profit aren't the same.

Plus the £2-2.5m in my mind was just the playing budget, theres a lot more wages to be paid, stewards, manager and coaching staff, medical staff, groundsman at Ricoh, tea lady, backroom staff, etc, before you look at all the other stuff.

chiefdave

Plus the £2-2.5m in my mind was just the playing budget, theres a lot more wages to be paid, stewards, manager and coaching staff, medical staff, groundsman at Ricoh, tea lady, backroom staff, etc, before you look at all the other stuff.

Exactly, he could be right to say 40% is the player budget without it meaning the club is not being run as self sustaining and someone is taking money out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

You're right, I'm just speculating at where he could have got the 40% figure and my guess is that is what he is basing it on

trondegilsoltvedt97

Poorly written and researched. Clearly 'Juggy' doesnt remember the transfers of McKenzie and Eastwood in, as well as Jones. Wasn't Deegan released, and Jordan Clarke/Daniels too?
However, it's been lapped up on the Telegraph Facebook page, and will produce lots of clicks for the website.

Jim Brown I think has greatest grasp on facts that Juggy, but that wouldn't be as popular a story...

Nick

Administrator
Poorly written and researched. Clearly 'Juggy' doesnt remember the transfers of McKenzie and Eastwood in, as well as Jones. Wasn't Deegan released, and Jordan Clarke/Daniels too?
However, it's been lapped up on the Telegraph Facebook page, and will produce lots of clicks for the website.

Jim Brown I think has greatest grasp on facts that Juggy, but that wouldn't be as popular a story...
He was saying since league one I think, we got a fee for Clarke

oldfiver

Hes just tweeted we only pay 40% of our turnover on wages, his the hell he knows I'll never know, the last accounts 14/15 say our turnover was around £4.7m and staffing costs were £5m.

The 40% is on players wages - I think CA quoted it somewhere

letsallsingtogether

It's just a shame this will be taken as fact as usual
Has anyone disproved it though people are asking for proof yet give none themself.
I for one don't give a fuck it will all come out one day, one way or the other. .

chiefdave

Has anyone disproved it though people are asking for proof yet give none themself.
I for one don't give a fuck it will all come out one day, one way or the other. .

The club is running at a loss, SISU had to put more money in this season to cover the shortfall and also Maddison had to be sold. How do you get from there to SISU taking out millions?

chiefdave

But it's a bloke writing in isn't it
Bit an official journalist doing a report?
But where do you draw the line? Could I have a piece about the EDL march today saying 5,000 of them turned up all dressed up as Hitler goose-stepping around town?

dongonzalos

But where do you draw the line? Could I have a piece about the EDL march today saying 5,000 of them turned up all dressed up as Hitler goose-stepping around town?

Is his point that far fetched?
I read a lot of the letters in the telegraph and quite a few u disagree over what I feel are inaccuracies.
I would totally get your point if Simon Gilbert wrote it. However isn't this just his opinion?

dongonzalos

The club is running at a loss, SISU had to put more money in this season to cover the shortfall and also Maddison had to be sold. How do you get from there to SISU taking out millions?

I don't agree with the article let me get that straight.
However they put in 750k which was paid back very quickly via the sale of Maddison. Maddison was not sold for 750k
Maddison's money is to go to future season yet our transfer budget is the same and ticket prices have gone up in order to sort out the void from last season's mistake regarding the break even figure?

Nick

Administrator
I don't agree with the article let me get that straight.
However they put in 750k which was paid back very quickly via the sale of Maddison. Maddison was not sold for 750k
Maddison's money is to go to future season yet our transfer budget is the same and ticket prices have gone up in order to sort out the void from last season's mistake regarding the break even figure?
Only a little bit was paid back wasnt it?

dongonzalos

That's the one

Ah ok so effectively they put in let's say an extra 800k
Another 550k is still outstanding
Season ticket prices have gone up in order to cover the mistake made made last season.
So unles the increase in season ticket sales doesn't cover it. Are we saying we only got 800k before add ons for Maddison?

Nick

Administrator
Ah ok so effectively they put in let's say an extra 800k
Another 550k is still outstanding
Season ticket prices have gone up in order to cover the mistake made made last season.
So unles the increase in season ticket sales doesn't cover it. Are we saying we only got 800k before add ons for Maddison?
Where's that come from?

dongonzalos

Where's that come from?
Am I missing something or are
Where's that come from?

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding everything?
However I am under the impression we borrowed around 750 k due to the error over the break even point.
If we paid back 250k.
We still owe around 500k.
Pay back 250k
Owe 500k
Increase ticket prices for next season to rectify the mistake.
Budget the same this session as last season
Did we only get 750-800k for Maddison?
Does that make sense or have I lost the plot?

Users who are viewing this thread