Anti-snowflake Entertainment (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

As football is in the entertainment business, maybe we should get the Sky Blue Belles re-instated.

Something like the Crystal Palace Cristals, where the match day experience (results excepted!) is acknowleged to be one of the best in the country.

Liquid Gold

A heater would work better if you're trying to get rid of snow. Wouldn't be entertaining though. Maybe a flamethrower? Wouldn't get that past the PC brigade. I guess we could hire another groundsman and give him a funny name like Spakky Dave.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think the OP is using the term "snowflake" in the anti-PC sense?: Snowflake (slang) - Wikipedia

-rather than the "warm you up in Winter" sense? Possibly in the wake of the Grid Girls being banned from F1. Right?

In which case he should just stay at home and watch ITV4, there's plenty of Sweeney on.

clint van damme

I think the OP is using the term "snowflake" in the anti-PC sense?: Snowflake (slang) - Wikipedia

-rather than the "warm you up in Winter" sense? Possibly in the wake of the Grid Girls being banned from F1. Right?

In which case he should just stay at home and watch ITV4, there's plenty of Sweeney on.

i consider myself a PC type of fella, but I love the Sweeney - I'm now starting the weekend with an identity crisis!!

Nonleagueherewecome

i consider myself a PC type of fella, but I love the Sweeney - I'm now starting the weekend with an identity crisis!!
Me too mate, on both scores! Bloody love it. It's ended up getting me into Morse just to get more Thaw (albeit a very different character). The political incorrectness is amazing but I keep trying to explain to people, it's not sexist/racist/homophobic TV, that's what things were like then! Tonight someone said "things have have gone a bit reels of cotton". Had to look that one up.

Ricketts

Just making a stand for a bit of common sense. When we live at a top me where women in Tehran are protesting by not fully covering their heads.

Somehow groping at a dinner by wealthy businessmen men has become a reason to have a new age of puritanism

Reactions: Bez

clint van damme

Just making a stand for a bit of common sense. When we live at a top me where women in Tehran are protesting by not fully covering their heads.

Somehow groping at a dinner by wealthy businessmen men has become a reason to have a new age of puritanism

or to give it it's proper name, sexual assault, but I get the point you're trying to make.

martcov

or to give it it's proper name, sexual assault, but I get the point you're trying to make.

Yes. I get the bit about unwanted groping and harassment, but is cheerleading still allowed? Here in Kiel we have cheerleaders at the Holstein Kiel games. Most of them are very young ( from 13/14 ) going up to about 18. They are keeping fit and do a good show. It gives a team of women/ girls the chance to share a bit of the limelight. Would that be classed as using them as pretty „objects“? I enjoy their show. Am I sexist?

oakey

Can we bring back pies in tins, toothpaste in tubs and woodbines in the corner of our mouths whilst we're at it?
Maybe the players should go back to those micro shorts too.
Not every change has to be resisted.

clint van damme

Yes. I get the bit about unwanted groping and harassment, but is cheerleading still allowed? Here in Kiel we have cheerleaders at the Holstein Kiel games. Most of them are very young ( from 13/14 ) going up to about 18. They are keeping fit and do a good show. It gives a team of women/ girls the chance to share a bit of the limelight. Would that be classed as using them as pretty „objects“? I enjoy their show. Am I sexist?

I don't think cheer leading is particularly sexist, i don't think it was right to drop the grid girls.
That's why I don't think the Presidents club was a good example when ricketts posted it because groping crosses a line and like I said, its assault. But as I said, I get his general point.

oakey

No, but in the modern world it would make more sense for there to be mixed teams of cheerleaders. Why shouldn't boys do this too?

Otis

Isn't there a bit of a difference between cheerleaders, who are skilled, train hard and learn synchronised dance moves, and then on the other hand, pretty girls in tight clothing who just walk on and back off again?

Cheerleading is almost a sport and there are competitions across the world.

Otis

No, but in the modern world it would make more sense for there to be mixed teams of cheerleaders. Why shouldn't boys do this too?
They do don't they? I am 99% certain my daughter said that a boy at her school was a cheerleader when they were both in primary .

Ricketts

I have no objection to boys doing it too. Its entertaining, and talented, and showcases their abilities so they can get spin off benefits, ie bookings, parties, etc than can enable to make a career from it.

Also, thanks Nonleagueherewecome for the Sweeney on ITV4 tip. I've set it up on series link.

NortonSkyBlue

I just don't know what's right any more, when I was a young man we used to say if it doesn't go in it's not a sin! It's not against the law to paw!
Eddie used to talked about the nig nogs next door in love thy neighbor and you could smoke anywhere, have a fight and it was considered boys letting off steam, defending our territory,
Being polictically correct was voting labor and looking at a woman was considered flattering.
We have progressed as a society, yet allow love island as a concept but to look at a ring girl is tantamount to perversion. It doesn't make sense to this old boy that the reality stars coined in fortunes by being overtly permissive yet it is dirty to look at a ring girl for 30 seconds between rounds.
it was not better in my day, I know that, but I would hate to be young man today. You need a film crew following just so you prove you didn't rape somebody or offended them by asking them for a date.
We are actually by stealth moving to a society where we will be having arranged marriages for our kids because it will be the only way to date someone with risking a court case.
Cheerleaders- yes some of them were shaggable!

stevefloyd

If I watch a boxing match and say its been recorded I fast forward between rounds and couldn't give a monkeys about some dolly bird parading round a ring, but a fit bird is a fit bird and many many manufacturers use women to showcase their products so a few cheerleaders at half time gives the girls something to do regarding dancing so what why should that offend anyone? crazy world this is becoming and I used to love love thy neighbour. In the seventies I worked with a black lad,I used to call him chalky and he called me white honky, it was banter neither of us had any problem whatsoever with it but now its all PC because some people just love a band wagon to jump on to piss others off...... FFS we are not in the dark ages anymore....rant over

shmmeee

Cheerleading is fucking hardcore. Those girls break some bones. It’s about a bit more than keeping fit and looking pretty.

shmmeee

Woukd you like your daughter to dance around in skimpy outfits while guys stared at her?

If she’s an adult and is happy doing it, why not? It’s about women’s right to choose free from coercion.

The Presidents Club was wrong because the (some of) the girls didn’t know what they were letting themselves in for. Grid girls is more of a grey area but there’s a good argument that it’s not a good look for women.

covcity4life

If she’s an adult and is happy doing it, why not? It’s about women’s right to choose free from coercion.

The Presidents Club was wrong because the (some of) the girls didn’t know what they were letting themselves in for. Grid girls is more of a grey area but there’s a good argument that it’s not a good look for women.

Ok nice to know you would look at your daughter and hope 1 day she dances around for men

Noted.

Marty

Ok nice to know you would look at your daughter and hope 1 day she dances around for men

Noted.

He hasn't said that at all, but from what hes said I think hes right, If I have a daughter and she wanted to be a dancer or grid girl then why not? It will be her choice as a fully grown adult.

covcity4life

He hasn't said that at all, but from what hes said I think hes right, If I have a daughter and she wanted to be a dancer or grid girl then why not? It will be her choice as a fully grown adult.

Ok so you would be happy foe your daughter to dance for men too

Im not sure what im saying that is wrong??

Marty

Ok so you would be happy foe your daughter to dance for men too

Im not sure what im saying that is wrong??

My feelings towards it are irrelevant, who are any of us to say what a fully grown adult can or can't do as a career/job/hobby. Just so you know, if my daughter danced for losers and made a decent living of it and was happy, then I wouldn't care.

Marty

You are assuming a lot there

You're the one who's saying what women aren't allowed to do as a job, how very totalitarian. Maybe you should write up a list of what is and isn't an acceptable career choice then. Free speech/expression is paramount to western civilisation.

covcity4life

You're the one who's saying what women aren't allowed to do as a job, how very totalitarian. Maybe you should write up a list of what is and isn't an acceptable career choice then. Free speech/expression is paramount to western civilisation.

Can you post where i said that please?

Users who are viewing this thread