Anti Wasp march / protests. Where are they ? (2 Viewers)

Gosford Green

Why don`t Nick and the other Wasps haters on here start protesting against Wasps like we do SISU ?

Its all well and good repeating yourself`s on an internet forum about why won't Wasps negotiate but if you got out there like the "other side" do and start making noise you might get somewhere. Wasps are very worried about bad PR. I would jump on any bandwagon to save the club.

Nick

Administrator
I have asked the Trust about them.

I'll tweet the jimmy hill way later also :)

I can't see why there would be "another side" or why any ccfc fan wouldn't want pressure on wasps to get a deal sorted at the ricoh?

Gosford Green

The trust gets a slagging on here from the main Wasps protagonists so maybe a non starter.

Why not a separate / alternative group?

Nick

Administrator
The trust gets a slagging on here from the main Wasps protagonists so maybe a non starter.

Does it?

Just what is needed, another random fans group with a name and made up job titles.

Couldn't see why the Trust would be against pressuring Wasps to get a good deal at the Ricoh for CCFC though, could you?

As I have said all along, why should any side in it all be able to sit comfy?

Monners

And the answer from Wasps will be "Its up to Sisu to drop the legal action first".They are in no rush as they have a business plan.I'm sorry Nick, but the onus in on Sisu to sort this out for the benefit of the club. For what I can see there is no evidence that they intend to move an anything (see FOI thread). The BPA stuff is another red herring - at some point something has to give, that is why the majority of fans appear to be asking our owners the questions.

Nick

Administrator
And the answer from Wasps will be "Its up to Sisu to drop the legal action first".They are in no rush as they have a business plan.I'm sorry Nick, but the onus in on Sisu to sort this out for the benefit of the club. For what I can see there is no evidence that they intend to move an anything (see FOI thread)

So they are at least asked "Why did you start the discussions knowing about them?" or "how does the legal action actually effect you?"

Instead, as soon as a bit of pressure comes their way they just say SISU, and it all goes away.

Gosford Green

I
Does it?

Just what is needed, another random fans group with a name and made up job titles.

Couldn't see why the Trust would be against pressuring Wasps to get a good deal at the Ricoh for CCFC though, could you?

As I have said all along, why should any side in it all be able to sit comfy?

Iam not the problem with the Trust, but I am sure you would be at your SISU blame diverting best in blaming the trust if it got nowhere.
As you make the most anti wasps noise lets see you lot put your convictions where your keyboard is.

Gosford Green

So they are at least asked "Why did you start the discussions knowing about them?" or "how does the legal action actually effect you?"

Instead, as soon as a bit of pressure comes their way they just say SISU, and it all goes away.

A protest outside the Ricoh on a Wasps match day would not go unnoticed.

Monners

Because they can say that Nick - they are in no to rush for a deal by the looks of things.
If people stopped attending Wasps games as a a result of them not appearing to want a deal with CCFC then that that would be some sort of pressure, but that is unlikely as I suspect most who attend don't give fig about CCFC (and were probably never CCFC fans in the first place)

Grendel

I

Iam not the problem with the Trust, but I am sure you would be at your SISU blame diverting best in blaming the trust if it got nowhere.
As you make the most anti wasps noise lets see you lot put your convictions where your keyboard is.

If you aren't anti wasps then by definition you support franchising in sport and would have no objection if ccfc moved 90 miles away.

Do you not have a problem if that happened then? Extraordinary.

Nick

Administrator
A protest outside the Ricoh on a Wasps match day would not go unnoticed.

I remember spending at least 2 hours writing an email to somebody at the trust with ideas for stuff against CCFC / Wasps. Whether it would work, I have no idea, it wouldn't get SISU out but just mainly aimed at a bit of fan unity.

As has been said over and over, if the general consensus was either pro CCFC or anti everybody then there would be no disagreements would there?

Gosford Green

If you aren't anti wasps then by definition you support franchising in sport and would have no objection if ccfc moved 90 miles away.

Do you not have a problem if that happened then? Extraordinary.

Where have I said I am pro Wasps? I took great offence to CCFC playing at Sixfields oddly you seemed OK with that bit of franchising, anyway that was 2013 I am interested in now.

I blame the clubs situation on SISU, that is my opinion and I have protested in various forms since 2013, you share a different veiw on the clubs demise, if you are so anti Wasps get out there like I have.

Gosford Green

I remember spending at least 2 hours writing an email to somebody at the trust with ideas for stuff against CCFC / Wasps. Whether it would work, I have no idea, it wouldn't get SISU out but just mainly aimed at a bit of fan unity.

As has been said over and over, if the general consensus was either pro CCFC or anti everybody then there would be no disagreements would there?

If SISU dropped that second JR taking Wasps out the legal landscape they would be on the spot with no excuse not to negotiate, the tide would turn pretty quick with people asking questions. The CT like all the press are whores and would turn on a sixpence.

I

Nick

Administrator
If SISU dropped that second JR taking Wasps out the legal landscape they would be on the spot with no excuse not to negotiate, the tide would turn pretty quick with people asking questions. The CT like all the press are whores and would turn on a sixpence.

I

What is the harm in asking why they started negotiations? Rather than just believing straight off that's the reason.

The council have already added another thing in aside from dropping the legals as well, nobody really questioned that much.

Gosford Green

What is the harm in asking why they started negotiations? Rather than just believing straight off that's the reason.

The council have already added another thing in aside from dropping the legals as well, nobody really questioned that much.

Because everyone is against SISU currently except a few on here, but just say the impossible happened and they dropped JR2 ?
A different outlook from REAL fans ( Not Les Reid who has an axe to grind) pressuring Wasp direct might go a long way.
The last thing they need is bad PR.

clint van damme

I
are you not even a little bit curious as to why wasps said the legals are nothing to do with them and they wouldn't stop them talking to CCFC then changed their position to they couldn't negotiate while legals are going on?

Captain Dart

Les Reid knows 'many fans' who will back an initiative like this.

Gosford Green

are you not even a little bit curious as to why wasps said the legals are nothing to do with them and they wouldn't stop them talking to CCFC then changed their position to they couldn't negotiate while legals are going on?

Well yes but I understand their position. Time and time again I say take away this barrier.

It is in the interest of the clubs future for SISU to drop the JR2. Not SISUs interests though, that is why we are staring at the abyss

skybluetony176

I've previously suggested that if Wasps won't get back around the table we should do something like a very very slow rolling road block around the Ricoh area/A444 to delay/stop Wasps fans getting in the game. Would be especially effective if it was a televised game as it might get some live TV coverage by a non footballing audience while making sure it's known that it is a protest by CCFC fans. Flags in car back windows, scarves hanging out of windows etc. This seems to be have largely missed though by most on here. Including the one's constantly moaning that we should be aiming protests at Wasps also. I guess they wan't to protest by whining on a CCFC forum. How's that working out for you's?

stupot07

Why don`t Nick and the other Wasps haters on here start protesting against Wasps like we do SISU ?

Its all well and good repeating yourself`s on an internet forum about why won't Wasps negotiate but if you got out there like the "other side" do and start making noise you might get somewhere. Wasps are very worried about bad PR. I would jump on any bandwagon to save the club.
What a divisive comment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Well yes but I understand their position. Time and time again I say take away this barrier.

It is in the interest of the clubs future for SISU to drop the JR2. Not SISUs interests though, that is why we are staring at the abyss

But why did they change their stance? Dropping legals wasn't an issue at one point.
I'd prefer sisu to drop JR2 if it meant sorting out some of the myriad of issues surrounding CCFC but the moving goal posts worry me from a CCFC perspective.

skybluetony176

What a divisive comment.

It's a fair question. People like LAST and BHSB moan about SISU a lot on here but then to be fair to them they also go out and help organise things, attend meetings, put sky blue ribbons up everywhere etc. etc. They don't sit behind a keyboard moaning about it on a faceless forum (like me ;) ). They get on the front line and walk the walk. No one is doing that regarding Wasps and certainly no one from on here. Some of who constantly point the finger at our fan base saying that they cant believe that how passive our fan base is regarding Wasps, if this had happened in Leeds every window at the council house would have been put in, we welcomed them with open arm's etc etc. When the truth is they do/haven't done anymore than the majority of us.

NorthernWisdom

To be fair I would back it so long as the message is right. i.e.about securing the academy and securing our future at the Ricoh beyond the end of next season. If it's Buzz of Franchise London Rugby Club back to where you came from (Wycombe) then forget it.

tbf, what's wrong with a 'sod off back to London' message?

I'd say the pragmatic thing *I* would be doing as a fan is compromising so as not to push that as the message, but there's nothing wrong with that as a message per se.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair I would back it so long as the message is right. i.e.about securing the academy and securing our future at the Ricoh beyond the end of next season. If it's Buzz of Franchise London Rugby Club back to where you came from (Wycombe) then forget it.

I don't think that as a message would achieve anything other than look silly.

Pressure should be to sort CCFC stuff, shouting Wasps Out / Go Home won't achieve anything will it?

skybluetony176

tbf, what's wrong with a 'sod off back to London' message?

I'd say the pragmatic thing *I* would be doing as a fan is compromising so as not to push that as the message, but there's nothing wrong with that as a message per se.

It's even more futile than asking SISU to put the club up for sale and SISU putting the club up for sale is most likely going to happen at some point. The only place Wasps will go if they leave the Ricoh is to the wall.

NorthernWisdom

The only place Wasps will go if they leave the Ricoh is to the wall.

Probably not the thread for it, but I'm not convinced.

They were smaller geographic distances, but once Richmond's wealthy backer dropped out, they ended up returning to their 'home' as a lower level club.

Incidentally I'm not disagreeing that the message of any protest should be more pragmatic (the same as bye SISU is only so handy) but nonetheless, as a founding principle, sporting club returns to roots is not a bad one to follow...

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It's even more futile than asking SISU to put the club up for sale and SISU putting the club up for sale is most likely going to happen at some point. The only place Wasps will go if they leave the Ricoh is to the wall.

Agree with you on that one at least! It should be "Wasps sort a deal with CCFC" at the minute, or "why not".

Doesn't matter how nice it would be for them to go bust, it wont happen by a few signs saying it.

stupot07

It's a fair question. People like LAST and BHSB moan about SISU a lot on here but then to be fair to them they also go out and help organise things, attend meetings, put sky blue ribbons up everywhere etc. etc. They don't sit behind a keyboard moaning about it on a faceless forum (like me ;) ). They get on the front line and walk the walk. No one is doing that regarding Wasps and certainly no one from on here. Some of who constantly point the finger at our fan base saying that they cant believe that how passive our fan base is regarding Wasps, if this had happened in Leeds every window at the council house would have been put in, we welcomed them with open arm's etc etc. When the truth is they do/haven't done anymore than the majority of us.

To be fair it needs to be Trust otherwise it will end up being 4 people standing outside the council house.

The reason thr found the OP divisive ad he classes

"Nick and the wasps haters" as a completely different cohort to those who are "anti-sisu".

We are all anti sisu, we all want them gone, some believe that pressure should be put on all sides. I can't for the life of me understand why the trust don't have this stance.

The trust and its splinter group has the infrastructure to organise things like the protest. I would be classed as a wasps hater, but i don't have the time or resource or position to organise or lead on anything like this.

chiefdave

With Wasps, and in particular their fans, education would be the first thing. Obviously its a complex situation but if it could be condensed as much as possible into a couple of paragraphs, concentrating on Wasps involvement, and flyers given out to their fans that would be a good start.

The version of events they seem to believe seems very different to what actually happened. For example I've had a Wasps fan at work telling me how good a deal we have as Wasps allow us to keep our ticket money!

torchomatic

Where have I said I am pro Wasps? I took great offence to CCFC playing at Sixfields oddly you seemed OK with that bit of franchising, anyway that was 2013 I am interested in now.

I blame the clubs situation on SISU, that is my opinion and I have protested in various forms since 2013, you share a different veiw on the clubs demise, if you are so anti Wasps get out there like I have.

Your opening post screams it out loud and clear. A nice little sarky dig at Nick but not a jot about the damage inflicted by Wasps coming to Coventry and the untold damage of the next 248 years. Yep SISU have been shit but the longer term damage will be down to Wasps.

I know you will ignore it so don't embarrass yourself by trying to justify it.

Last edited:

Gosford Green

Your opening post screams it out loud and clear. A nice little sarky dig at Nick but not a jot about the damage inflicted by Wasps coming to Coventry and the untold damage of the next 248 years. Yep SISU have been shit but the longer term damage will be down to Wasps.

I know you will ignore it so don't embarrass yourself by trying to justify it.

You have a vivid imagination. I have no loyalty to Wasps in fact I am not really a fan of rugby. Being a proud Cov Kid I take an interest in Coventry RFC and have watched them a few times at Coundon Road and the Butts mainly because friends were playing for Cov or I ended up on a day out as the BPA has many fine watering holes in close proximity.

Wasps coming here has been a massive nail in the potential coffin of CCFC, I blame them being here on the actions of SISU when attempting to acquire the Ricoh on the cheap.
You apportion blame towards CCC, you hate Wasps probably as much as I hate SISU but I am prepared to do something along the lines of protesting while the noise against CCC and Wasps is (so far) just the sound of the keyboard being hit hard. I am not so blinkered to not join any campaign against Wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread