Any new weekend paper stories on us? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stafford_SkBlue

The Sunday Times has a piece by David Busst that begins 'I've never been so nervous before a game as I was on Wednesday night when Coventry City played Sunderland in the Championship play-off semi-final second leg'. I gave up reading at this point.
Same paper, on a different page had a graph of our league position and points since relegation from premier

bigfatronssba

Oh my gb f’in news let’s invite edl to do a joint piece

Is that meant to be a joke?

We’re an inclusive fan base, unless you watch GB news. In which case you’ll be cast out of the Sky Blue Army and smeared as a member of the EDL.

Disgusting

robbiekeane

We’re an inclusive fan base, unless you watch GB news. In which case you’ll be cast out of the Sky Blue Army and smeared as a member of the EDL.

Disgusting
I mean, it’s a fucking horrendous disgusting divisive media outlet that monetises discrimination and if you can’t see that you’re either dumb as fuck or more likely just a racist

bigfatronssba

I mean, it’s a fucking horrendous disgusting divisive media outlet and if you can’t see that you’re either dumb as fuck or more likely just a racist

I mean the BBC covered up Jimmy Savilles crimes for decades.

So if any of you watch any features about us on Midlands Today you’re a repulsive paedophile

bigfatronssba

I mean, it’s a fucking horrendous disgusting divisive media outlet that monetises discrimination and if you can’t see that you’re either dumb as fuck or more likely just a racist

And just out of interest, which media outlets do you consider not to be divisive?

Senior Vick from Alicante

Oooops, hot take. Robbie disagrees with something opposite to his own political beliefs. Calm down mate its a television programme thats all.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I mean I get where you’re coming from and agree. It’s not better than Fox News - but considering it’s a legit media platform, you can’t just push a cancel button on things you don’t agree with.

bigfatronssba

I mean I get where you’re coming from and agree. It’s not better than Fox News - but considering it’s a legit media platform, you can’t just push a cancel button on things you don’t agree with.

I don’t have particularly strong views around GB News either way.

What I do despise is the pious attitude of traditional media. As though they are holier than thou, looking down on a new “divisive” outlet with a different opinion.

These are organisations that covered up child abuse, assisted Ian Huntley, hounded celebrities to the point of suicide, and have just out and out lied for decades.
But yes, it’s GB News that are the bad guys

Sky Blue Pete

Disgusting
Ok I wasn’t but I can see the link your making to the implication that I’m smearing my fellow fans as members of edl
And don’t mistake me if an adult wants to be part of the edl fill your boots
And don’t mistake me if an adult wants to watch gb news fill your boots
And don’t mistake me if gb news wants to peddle a particular form of news from a particular angle legally then thats ok with me

What I do find strange is you thinking gb news doesn’t have an angle and that angle is closer to edl opinions than other political movements

Again I’m not saying my friends at the trust are supportive of edl in fact I know they’re not, they are supporters who have put their time and effort in to arrange lots of things

However the fact they have pulled the event shows the majority of sky blues fans don’t wish to be associated with GB news

bigfatronssba

Ok I wasn’t but I can see the link your making to the implication that I’m smearing my fellow fans as members of edl
And don’t mistake me if gb news wants to peddle a particular form of news from a particular angle legally then thats ok with me

What I do find strange is you thinking gb news doesn’t have an angle and that angle is closer to edl opinions than other political movements

Again I’m not saying my friends at the trust are supportive of edl in fact I know they’re not, they are supporters who have put their time and effort in to arrange lots of things

However the fact they have pulled the event shows the majority of sky blues fans don’t wish to be associated with GB news

What a strange thing to say.

So using that logic, Sky News has an angle that is closer to those of the Chinese Communist Party than other political movements?

As for the trust pulling it being an indication that the majority of fan’s support pulling it, is that an omission that the opinions and actions of the Trust are representative of the fan base? As I’m pretty sure you’ve said the opposite before.

And even if a majority of the fan base do support pulling it, what does that show? Are we not a fan base where diversity of opinion is accepted?

Strange comments from a fan representative who is supposed to represent all fans, regardless of their opinions or viewing habits

Or is it the fact that most folks will be at work or on the way home at the same time? The fucking assumptions that folk make about things due to certain media personalities with different political views who don't like something is pathetic. You need to take in a broad spectrum of viewpoints to make your mind up about subjects and you only improve things by arguing your point of view is better. GB News isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least they have tried to do some coverage on the club, we got fuck all 4 years ago. The reason this country is fucked at the minute is because arguments aren't proved or disproved because luddites want to shut down debate rather than win their point, every ones a fascist or a Nazi or a Zionist or a racist its bollocks.

Sky Blue Pete

What a strange thing to say.

So using that logic, Sky News has an angle that is closer to those of the Chinese Communist Party than other political movements?

As for the trust pulling it being an indication that the majority of fan’s support pulling it, is that an omission that the opinions and actions of the Trust are representative of the fan base? As I’m pretty sure you’ve said the opposite before.

And even if a majority of the fan base do support pulling it, what does that show? Are we not a fan base where diversity of opinion is accepted?

Strange comments from a fan representative who is supposed to represent all fans, regardless of their opinions or viewing habits
Not really you’re making an issue where there isn’t one
Representing fans doesn’t mean I have to agree with their political opinions!
I’m not sure I have said that about the trust
I think they’ve made mistakes(who hasn’t)
I’m not sure they are the only supporters group that represents fans
I’m not sure they’re even the most influential currently
That said they are good people who have Done and are doing what they do for the good of the club as they see it

Sky Blue Pete

Or is it the fact that most folks will be at work or on the way home at the same time? The fucking assumptions that folk make about things due to certain media personalities with different political views who don't like something is pathetic. You need to take in a broad spectrum of viewpoints to make your mind up about subjects and you only improve things by arguing your point of view is better. GB News isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least they have tried to do some coverage on the club, we got fuck all 4 years ago. The reason this country is fucked at the minute is because arguments aren't proved or disproved because luddites want to shut down debate rather than win their point, every ones a fascist or a Nazi or a Zionist or a racist its bollocks.
Edl are fascists and racist you do accept that don’t you?
I would fight tooth and nail for the right for opinions to be allowed even where I’d spend my life arguing against them
I don’t want our club linked with gb news and seemingly many others feel the same
Simple as
Gb news is abhorrent some of the presenters stand for things I hate and think demean us as a society
I don’t want them closed down I want them to be ignored
The fact is the trust recognise this and they’ll be plenty of other news outlets reaching out to them over the next few days they don’t have to deal with them

bigfatronssba

Not really you’re making an issue where there isn’t one
Representing fans doesn’t mean I have to agree with their political opinions!
I’m not sure I have said that about the trust
I think they’ve made mistakes(who hasn’t)
I’m not sure they are the only supporters group that represents fans
I’m not sure they’re even the most influential currently
That said they are good people who have Done and are doing what they do for the good of the club as they see it

I just find it bizarre that you don’t want our club linked to a media outlet because you personally disagree with some of the presenters views, but quite happy for it to be linked to a media outlet that spent decades covering up horrific child sexual abuse.

Sky Blue Pete

I just find it bizarre that you don’t want our club linked to a media outlet because you personally disagree with some of the presenters views, but quite happy for it to be linked to a media outlet that spent decades covering up horrific child sexual abuse.
Ok I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree

bigfatronssba

Yes, and acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their views without ridicule and slanderous remarks

Sky Blue Pete

Yes, and acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their views without ridicule and slanderous remarks
You didn’t need the words after views but as you used them I’ll say absolutely everyone is entitled to views but it doesn’t mean all views are correct and not open to challenge

bigfatronssba

You didn’t need the words after views but as you used them I’ll say absolutely everyone is entitled to views but it doesn’t mean all views are correct and not open to challenge

I just think that as a fan representative you should be a bit more professional in airing your personal views.
Just because you have the right to say something doesn’t always mean it’s wise to do so

Edl are fascists and racist you do accept that don’t you?
I would fight tooth and nail for the right for opinions to be allowed even where I’d spend my life arguing against them
I don’t want our club linked with gb news and seemingly many others feel the same
Simple as
Gb news is abhorrent some of the presenters stand for things I hate and think demean us as a society
I don’t want them closed down I want them to be ignored
The fact is the trust recognise this and they’ll be plenty of other news outlets reaching out to them over the next few days they don’t have to deal with them

So you tar all the presenters with the same brush then, you know the black ones and the gay ones and the old ones and the young ones? With your logic you are always turning off alternative opinions, being alternative does not make something abhorrent because you dont like it. Next you will be telling us the Gay and Black presenters are the wrong types of Gay and Black.

Sky Blue Pete

So you tar all the presenters with the same brush then, you know the black ones and the gay ones and the old ones and the young ones? With your logic you are always turning off alternative opinions, being alternative does not make something abhorrent because you dont like it. Next you will be telling us the Gay and Black presenters are the wrong types of Gay and Black.
You too are making an issue where there isn’t one
I’m sorry I offended you

Captain_Slackbladder

I generally see the sports media as disenfranchised from their political stream, with the exception of The Sun which should be boycotted by all football supporters.

I have no time for the Hate Mail from their political perspective, but they and other right and centre right media have written good stories about Cov in the past, there may be agendas behind this, but personally I don't see them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread