Anybody into Gothic Stuff? (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

St Mary's Warwick is a superb example of perpendicular gothic. A great visit...and go up the tower for great views of the local area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluedan

Don't know if it's gothic but watched an old film last night called hell cop and was pretty wierd and dark

Samo

Don't know if it's gothic but watched an old film last night called hell cop and was pretty wierd and dark

I've not seen it but there are 'modern' gothic movies that you might not categorize as such; Bladerunner springs to mind and even the Batman movies.

skybluedan

I've not seen it but there are 'modern' gothic movies that you might not categorize as such; Bladerunner springs to mind and even the Batman movies.
I suggest watching it mate, I watched it years ago and it's still just as fucked up
Just like Jacobs ladder still is to me

Samo

I suggest watching it mate, I watched it years ago and it's still just as fucked up
Just like Jacobs ladder still is to me

Thanks Dan, I'll check it out.

lordsummerisle

On the ghost stories front if you haven't look at an author called Stephen Laws who wrote some good horror novels in the late 80's early 90's just never made the big seller list

He was really good, but not seen anything by him for years.

Really liked The Frighteners, Ghost Train and Darkfall, think read most of his stuff at the time.

Must have a look for them for my Kindle.

vow

Well kind of... I was thinking more Hammer Horror or even the old b&w Universal Horrors.
'Penny Dreadful' is great for more modern stuff but don't tell me owt, I'm still on series 2.
Watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful, thoroughly enjoyed it and pleasantly suprised as I'm not into period drama's normally.
This was nice and edgy though :happy:

Gazolba

There's a TV program called "Tales from the Crypt" you'd probably like.
Crypt-tales.jpg

vow

Just watched 2nd episode of Penny Dreadful, it gets rather saucy indeed, with some choice language to go with it too!

Dorian Gray comes across as a player thats into his debauchery :cool: My wife is into it too, both loving it atm.

vow

Finished watching series 1, fooking loved it, can't wait to start watching series 2!!

Penny Dreadful that is.

trevelfarandwide

I don't mean the clothes and the music, I mean old horror movies, ghost stories, castles and abbeys, the romantic poets, thunderstorms, crypts and anything dark and atmospheric?
Probably just me but I thought I'd ask.

Dark and atmospheric, draped in dark, miserable darkness...and bleak, dark, morose bleakness...

...We're all Cov fans, so we're all a sucker for Gothic-ness it seems. :)

Aside from that, I enjoy the odd horror flick, bit of thrash metal, and funnily enough I play a CD of thunderstorms to help me get to sleep. It genuinely does work, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread