Anyone care to admit they hope we get hammered this weekend ? (1 Viewer)

wingy

32 inch no gut. I'm a machine. Plus I'll be staying at my dads in Earlsdon.
So am I kiddo and probably double your age
Not staying at your dad's though
Rugger /session Earlsdon Taxi
Just got to get out of work first:)

hill83

So am I kiddo and probably double your age
Not staying at your dad's though
Rugger /session Earlsdon Taxi
Just got to get out of work first:)

Let's have it then

tumblr_n1fyt2vyhD1qdlh1io1_400.gif

chiefdave

Can't ever imagine being in a position where I'd want us to lose. Maybe if it was the last game of the season and us losing could send Villa down I might not be too upset if we lost but not just so the manager gets the push. In any case there is little to suggest that even if we get thrashed SP will get the sack.

stupot07

Did some say they wanted to get hammered this weekend?

GIFSoup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

I desperately wanted us to lose against Brighton as thorn would then have been sacked. That win meant we kept the useless twat and we were relegated.

If we lost and say mark robins was recruited I am convinced we would have survived in the championship. It was a pivotal moment.

This was possibly more pivotal

Transfers in

Chris Dunn 1 July 2011 undisclosed
Joe Murphy 1 July 2011 Free
Cody McDonald 31 August 2011 £500k
Hermann Hreiðarsson 12 January 2012Free

Transfers out

Michael McIndoeRetired30 June 2011
Marlon King1 July 2011Free
Keiren Westwood1 July 2011 Free
Aron Gunnarsson 8 July 2011Undisclosed
Lee Carsley July 2011 Retired
Ben Turner 31 August 2011£750,000
Lukas JutkiewiczMiddlesbrough January 2012. £1,300,000

Loans in

Gary Gardner24 November 2011- 21 December 2011
Alex Nimely12 January 2012 - 30 June 2012[69]
Oliver Norwood 31 January 2012- 30 June 2012[70]

Top scorer for season Lukas Jutkiewicz (despite leaving in January and replaced by an untested loanee kid)

Grendel

This was possibly more pivotal

Transfers in

Chris Dunn 1 July 2011 undisclosed
Joe Murphy 1 July 2011 Free
Cody McDonald 31 August 2011 £500k
Hermann Hreiðarsson 12 January 2012Free

Transfers out

Michael McIndoeRetired30 June 2011
Marlon King1 July 2011Free
Keiren Westwood1 July 2011 Free
Aron Gunnarsson 8 July 2011Undisclosed
Lee Carsley July 2011 Retired
Ben Turner 31 August 2011£750,000
Lukas JutkiewiczMiddlesbrough January 2012. £1,300,000

Loans in

Gary Gardner24 November 2011- 21 December 2011
Alex Nimely12 January 2012 - 30 June 2012[69]
Oliver Norwood 31 January 2012- 30 June 2012[70]

Top scorer for season Lukas Jutkiewicz (despite leaving in January and replaced by an untested loanee kid)

No we just had the worst manager that has ever been allowed near a football team - if you don't believe me go and see what Kidderminster fans think.

stupot07

To be honest, it's all academical. Looking at the finances (bottom 3-4 turnover in the championship) we'd have been relegated eventually either the following season or the season after that. No coincidence that the bottom 3-4 turnover clubs that season (us, barnsley, peterborough and doncaster) have all been relegated from the championship in the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mark82

I'd like nothing more than to see Pressley turn it around and get us back to the sort of football we were playing first half of last year.

torchomatic

Nah, never want to see us lose.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pressley's sacking would bring about such an upturn in morale that the difficult run ahead might not turn out so badly. Just look at his comments on Tudgay this week where again he has a player thinking he's gone only to say he's back in the fold. His man management is even worse than Thorn who was at least consistent in his enduring praise of the whole team.

Irrespective of the Yeovil result he has just got to go. Never want my own team to lose and I doubt he will go if we do but I want him out whatever happens.

Otis

I obviously always want us to win, but if we are going to lose, getting hammered out of sight could prove a deciding factor in Pressley's sacking and that could well save our season.

So, hope for a win, but if we lose I hope it is a 7 or 8 nil thrashing, with Pressley playing every player out of position and Yeovil having 80% possession.

That then might prove to be wake up and smell the coffee time.

Evo1883

If it would guarantee his sacking id be secretly hoping for a defeat , but in reality thats not going to happen .. Feels bad to say it but i just want the clown gone

Gosford Green

The owners it seems do not want to spend that much money on the footballing side of the business and sacking Pressley will mean paying out his contract.

Unless he resigns (which is unlikely) than he is probably going nowhere.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't want to see us hammered, I would much prefer Pressley to turn it around and win loads of games.

Sacking every manager has meant paying out their contract hasn't it and it didn't stop them before?

Sky Blue Kid

I obviously always want us to win, but if we are going to lose, getting hammered out of sight could prove a deciding factor in Pressley's sacking and that could well save our season. So, hope for a win, but if we lose I hope it is a 7 or 8 nil thrashing, with Pressley playing every player out of position and Yeovil having 80% possession. That then might prove to be wake up and smell the coffee time.
I never want City to get beaten, but like you, if we do, I also hope it's a real a**e smacking so as to wake up the owners....Why do I think it will not make a blind bit of difference to SISU though? I don't think they would care if we had a 20-0 hammering. They're not going to support the playing staff one iota! There is no substitute for quality players, and if ever we get any, they're gone before you can say "We've got a chance to avoid relegation now"

Gosford Green

I wouldn't want to see us hammered, I would much prefer Pressley to turn it around and win loads of games.

Sacking every manager has meant paying out their contract hasn't it and it didn't stop them before?

They used to sign players on something more than 4 months contracts.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, but back then it was a great move to some. He was going to be poached by huddersfield.
As I said hindsight is a wonderful thing....as 82% of posters on this forum that voted wish he had been poached, boiled, fried, or whatever mate ;)

Nick

Administrator
As I said hindsight is a wonderful thing....as 82% of posters on this forum that voted wish he had been poached, boiled, fried, or whatever mate ;)
Yes now, so people will moan at sisu now when back then it was great. Same with thorn when most fans wanted him in. Look how that one turned out.

My point is, people will blame sisu like you are, even though they thought the same as sisu then.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes now, so people will moan at sisu now when back then it was great. Same with thorn when most fans wanted him in. Look how that one turned out. My point is, people will blame sisu like you are, even though they thought the same as sisu then.
I have always been in the "I will give it a chance to work" crew. With regards to SISU however I've always been in the "SISU can f**king do one" crew from the minute I read they were going to buy CCFC. So you see, I've always hated SISU from day 1. So "Hindsight" doesn't come into it, because whatever decision they would make, wouldn't be good for my Football Club, and I've not been proven wrong yet Nick :)

shmmeee

Oh look, we're here again, sacking yet another manager roughly two years in after a bright start.

I'm not saying it's the wrong idea, stats and performances kinda speak for themselves. But does anyone else get a depressing sense of we've been here before?

I'm on the fence as to whether it's because the club is crap and no-one could do better, so we'll have to rely on short term bump followed by slow decline. Or whether we're just bad at picking managers. I'm not convinced that Robins would have kept his excellent record if he'd been here as long as Pressley.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I must confess.. this apparent 'wanting us to lose' mentality really confuses me, is it aligned to those who claim "loyal" support as others leave match with 5 mins to go... to quickly then claim "we are "sh*t and are sick of it?"..... freedom of speech aside I just don't get it?

Samo

I must confess.. this apparent 'wanting us to lose' mentality really confuses me, is it aligned to those who claim "loyal" support as others leave match with 5 mins to go... to quickly then claim "we are "sh*t and are sick of it?"..... freedom of speech aside I just don't get it?

To get it you simply have to see the bigger picture.

Users who are viewing this thread