Anyone ever invented their own games? If so, are they any good? (1 Viewer)

Otis

We sometimes invent our own games and as we have recently got a puppy we have formed what we think is a great little game.

We call it Flingshot!

You use the dog ball flinger (you need two) and you find a park with trees about 50m-100m apart.

One stands in front of one tree and the other person in front of the other tree. Object of the game is to score points by hitting the trunk of the opposition player's tree with the ball (you fling from a standing position).

You take it in turns flinging the ball. If you hit the tree you score 10 points. Nothing for a miss.

The opposition player though also has to try and stop the ball hitting the tree. If they touch the ball, thus preventing it from hitting the tree they score 2 points. If they actually catch the ball they score 5 points.

Flingshot! Coming to an Olympics near you real soon.

Trying to occupy a 12 year old for 6 1/2 weeks is tough at the best of times. She loves this game though. :)

Any inventions of your own?

Gazolba

I invented a game like noughts and crosses except instead of placing a new nought or cross down, you had the option of moving a previously placed nought or cross to a different square. I tried versions with a 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5 grid. After experimenting with it and refining the rules, I decided it did not have any commercial possibilities.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Paint a wall and get a mate to sit with you to watch it dry. First to give up, loses! Fascinating and hours of fun and frolics! :happy:

Nick

Administrator
You should try acting Scouse in Madrid and Spanish in Toxteth.

Nothing messes with my brain than when you see a chinese man with a thick scouse accent with no hint of chinese. There was a chinese policeman on a documentary, he was 100% scottish with no hint of a chinese accent. So strange.

Same with Lameries, you look at him and expect him to speak with a bit of an accent. Just has a thick cockney accent.

Otis

Nothing messes with my brain than when you see a chinese man with a thick scouse accent with no hint of chinese. There was a chinese policeman on a documentary, he was 100% scottish with no hint of a chinese accent. So strange.

Same with Lameries, you look at him and expect him to speak with a bit of an accent. Just has a thick cockney accent.
Always used to make me chuckle when you would see a Sikh man complete with beard and turban speaking in a really thick Scottish brogue. :)

Pipehitterz

ST

Lameiras voice totally threw me , expected some thick Portuguese voice

Also big mo sounded like a mexican mouse .

Anyways back to games

Bushy bushy

Back in my adolescence we adapted rat a tat Ginger.
Instead of running Away , we all had to dive into or behind the house owners bushes and stay silent until
A. He caught us , which then became a chance , or
B . They didn't see us , so which means we'd won

skybluedan

Nicking knickers off washing lines and making a lovely quilt
Is that a game

Users who are viewing this thread