Anyone ever won a decent amount on the lottery, (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I've Won a few tenners here and there but I'm gonna knock it on the head

Otis

Yep, since it has 'changed' (made it much harder to win), have not won owt at all!

Otis

Premium Bonds are my thing, rather than the lottery.

Never won anything there either, mind you :D

Nope. My parents have had Premium Bonds and so too, myself and my two brothers and this has now been for over 50 years and no-one has won a single penny.

Johnnythespider

Got 5 numbers as part of a works syndicate once £1500 between about 50 of us. It was a Christmas eve superdraw about 15 years ago, 1 more number and work would have been very quiet on the Monday.
I very rarely play it now.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Si80

My brother won £6k himself as part of a syndicate at work for 5+ Bonus Ball. Was the lowest payout they'd ever given at the time for 5+BB.

He was 18 though and the money didn't last him very long :whistle:

My aunt won £250K as part of a syndicate (£2.5M win) for all the numbers though. Nice little bump to her retirement pot.

Sky_Blue_Daz

To ge honest about £250k would do me fine

Terry Gibson's perm

Nope. My parents have had Premium Bonds and so too, myself and my two brothers and this has now been for over 50 years and no-one has won a single penny.

My mum won £50 on the premium bonds this month and wins fairly regular but she does have about 30k of them, my £600 wins very little but my daughter has about 5k of them and wins about £50 - £75 per year. Just need a big win on one of them.

I have had a pound one for 40 years and never won a penny on it.

skybluejelly

My mum won £50 on the premium bonds this month and wins fairly regular but she does have about 30k of them, my £600 wins very little but my daughter has about 5k of them and wins about £50 - £75 per year. Just need a big win on one of them.

I have £30,000 worth of premium bonds normally get at least £25 winner a month , although have won £300 + a few times largest individual one was £100..

Johnnythespider

250k plus and that will be me retired I am not one of these who says I love my job and will go back on Monday morning
I can safely say about 90% where I work would gladly walk out the door for that and punch the manager on the way out

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

lewys33

My uncle won around 80k in a syndicate at Peugeot a few years back. Same year his wife won around £15k in a syndicate from the hospital.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm retiring at 50.......should be ok......but even if my business goes tits up, I blow all my cash & my wife reveals a whopping debt shes been keeping a secret, I'm still retiring at 50!:D

EDIT: Never really done the lottery......probably bought about 5 lotto tickets in my life.....

Terry Gibson's perm

Annoyingly... does £250k give you enough to retire nowadays?

By the time I've paid off my mortgage, bought a flat to rent out for some extra income... not sure I'd have much left!

(Not that I'd turn down £250k of course!)

I would retire but not my wife she can keep working and do some extra shifts :claping hands:then i can mess around on here all day

Last edited:

Si80

Annoyingly... does £250k give you enough to retire nowadays?

By the time I've paid off my mortgage, bought a flat to rent out for some extra income... not sure I'd have much left!

(Not that I'd turn down £250k of course!)

I don't think I could retire now with a win of £250k (aged 35). I reckon £1M would be sufficient though but I'd have to be really picky on what supercar I'd buy :D

lifeskyblue

Planning to retire within the next 6mths...£250k would be lovely to top it all up. But even a quarter of that would be very nice. However as I haven't done the lottery for years I guess that extra money will need to come from elsewhere. Even so retirement here I come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Got 4 numbers on the lottery a few years ago; we got 1 number and the rest of them 1 number out on the Euro Millions a few months ago!

Otis

Well that's what we all have. We all have £1 Premium Bonds. Never won a single penny.

speedie87

did the lottery once as a friend had a dream I won it and she made me buy a ticket........

sat down to watch the draw, first 2 numbers came up..............heart started beating big-time, sit forward, ticket in hand................didn't get another number, won nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread