Anyone got any suggestions on anywhere to go today? (1 Viewer)

Otis

So many places closed. Want to go out today as a family, but we are struggling a little.

Have narrowed it down to a National Trust kind of place, the zoo, a museum (though we have done them all around here apart from the Midland Air Museum at Baginton), Star City or the Botanical gardens in Brum.

Anywhere else as a suggestion?

Otis

The Midland air museum is awful, don't burger.

What about ryton pools?
Been there before. Just a cold day today, Nick.

Hard to find somewhere at least partially indoors. My daughter has absolutely no interest in stately homes and suchlike.

She wants to go to Star City. Nowt much there for adults though.

Hard to get the balance. 11 year old, me and the missus and 87 year old grandad and grandma.

Grendel

Been there before. Just a cold day today, Nick.

Hard to find somewhere at least partially indoors. My daughter has absolutely no interest in stately homes and suchlike.

She wants to go to Star City. Nowt much there for adults though.

Hard to get the balance. 11 year old, me and the missus and 87 year old grandad and grandma.

Find a national trust place that does an Easter egg hunt.

4waspsting

Cosford air museum easy to get to and its free only pay for parking get yourself there,plenty of things to do and eat.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Come down to the Isle of Wight for the day! Plenty here to do! Nice rough sea crossing as well, which would make up for the lack of adventure parks!

skybluejelly

You can all come round mine and do some gardening .. There's plenty for all age groups to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Cheers for the tips.

In the end we went for the zoo. Think that appeased everyone. :)

Terry Gibson's perm

We have come to Cromer stopping the night and coming back tomorrow even went on the beach today kids in coats and wellies.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good old Britain!!

There kids in the sea and after a while my oldest boy took off his coat as he was too hot, I just stood there in my budgie smugglers wondering what all the fuss was about;)

Otis

Glad you had a good day! :)

We did too and the only complaint I have about Twycross zoo is how many monkeys they have.

There's a distinct lack of them. I expected to see monkeys everywhere and at every turn, but it just didn't happen.

They really need to sort out their monkey deficiency, so the park is vastly overloaded with monkeys to a disproportionate degree.

;)

Nick

Administrator
Glad you had a good day! :)

We did too and the only complaint I have about Twycross zoo is how many monkeys they have.

There's a distinct lack of them. I expected to see monkeys everywhere and at every turn, but it just didn't happen.

They really need to sort out their monkey deficiency, so the park is vastly overloaded with monkeys to a disproportionate degree.

;)

Yeah, once you have been to Twycross you don't really need to go again.

"there's a monkey, there's another" What's in there? "Oh its a monkey, it's like the last ones but with a bit more hair".

I think the last time we went we had seen everything within about 40 minutes so haven't bothered since.

Otis

They seem to have expanded somewhat since last time we went. Didn't recognise a lot of it and a number of things changed.

After last time we went we said we were never going back again, but yesterday it was much more enjoyable.

Still need some more monkeys though.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think they had a lion the last time, bit pants for a zoo.

Whipsnade was the last one I went to, that was much better. They had big cats etc.

Otis

I don't think they had a lion the last time, bit pants for a zoo.

Whipsnade was the last one I went to, that was much better. They had big cats etc.
Yep. No lions, or tigers or bears.

Oh my.

They have leopards and snow leopards.

There's no rhinos or hippos either. Bit odd for a zoo.

M&B Stand

They seem to have expanded somewhat since last time we went. Didn't recognise a lot of it and a number of things changed.

After last time we went we said we were never going back again, but yesterday it was much more enjoyable.

Still need some more monkeys though.

Have you ever been to the zoo at Drayton Manor? It's a bit run down, like they ain't really arsed about it and are concentrating on rides and other stuff in the park. There's a chimp called toto in there basically on his own living out his days sat on a concrete plinth. He's too old to be integrated into another group at twycross or whatever cuz they fight and that. Proper sad.

Nick

Administrator
Have you ever been to the zoo at Drayton Manor? It's a bit run down, like they ain't really arsed about it and are concentrating on rides and other stuff in the park. There's a chimp called toto in there basically on his own living out his days sat on a concrete plinth. He's too old to be integrated into another group at twycross or whatever cuz they fight and that. Proper sad.

I went not so long ago, they have all the plastic dinosaurs still.

I think they had a Tiger as well.

tommydazzle

When I was a kid went to Southam Zoo. Unbelievable that as children we actually handled lion cubs - can't imagine that happening today. I'm sure my parents must have the photos somewhere.

Otis

When I was a kid went to Southam Zoo. Unbelievable that as children we actually handled lion cubs - can't imagine that happening today. I'm sure my parents must have the photos somewhere.
Probably buried next to their dead bodies.

Gaz71

Come down to the Isle of Wight for the day! Plenty here to do! Nice rough sea crossing as well, which would make up for the lack of adventure parks!

Just got back, what a great place, went to the needles, lots of walks and Coast roads, lots of great little towns and tried the fish and chips at Totties, thanks for your info HH.

wingy

We
Just got back, what a great place, went to the needles, lots of walks and Coast roads, lots of great little towns and tried the fish and chips at Totties, thanks for your info HH.
Did you fly in or back on a kite?
106mph winds at the needles today.

Gaz71

be60ca4a0d4286a5288f023bbf3338e5.jpg

Houchens Head

How long were you here for K-D? Wish you'd have said. We could have met up for a pint! Totties are top chippy! There's one in Totland Bay and one in Cowes.

Houchens Head

That's a familiar sight! The Needles chair lift! Been on that a few times!

Houchens Head

We
Did you fly in or back on a kite?
106mph winds at the needles today.

Kept me awake last night Wingy. The worst I've heard was about a year ago - 95mph winds, but last night beat that. It was REALLY bad here, believe me!

Users who are viewing this thread