Anyone starting to feel slighty optomistic? (2 Viewers)

Moe-Lask

I'm getting a strange feeling that we might actually be turning a corner!

With Fleck and Elliot signing, possibly getting Kilbane our squad is getting stronger by the minute!

If we can keep Keogh, get a few more experienced signings in I may go get my season ticket!

Onwards and upwards! PUSB

covcity4life

meeeeeeeeee

optimistic but with knowledge it can all go wrong with a bad sale however so im not deluded.

Nonleagueherewecome

My brother is, but then I reminded him that Cranie has just gone and Keogh is about to :(

skyblueman

Certainly going in the right direction but don't break out the champagne just yet ... there will be some downs to come.. it's inevitable considering our dire financial position..

kg82

I'm happier about our situation. I'm expecting Keogh to go but also hoping he thinks maybe the signing of Fleck shows the ambition to get out the league (in the right direction)!

torchomatic

It would have been difficult to keep hold of Keogh though to be honest. The moment we were relegated I was resigned to him leaving. You never know though. Maybe signings like Fleck will make him want to lead our promotion charge? Nah.

Moe-Lask

I'm happier about our situation. I'm expecting Keogh to go but also hoping he thinks maybe the signing of Fleck shows the ambition to get out the league (in the right direction)!

Thats my thinking too! Offer Keogh a very good contract and get off to a good start then anything is possible (i Hope)

But as we all know! It can go from happy days to down days in seconds with City!

skyblueman

I'm sad to say it but Keogh HAS to go for real money to balance the books for a while and plug the short-term losses... then my friends it will be up to US to get behind the team and dare I say it the owners with our money - the club HAS to get to a position of operating break even or it's going to end in tears... still plently of time to screw things up mind you ... how we repair the damage when Keogh does leave is critical to me

1ccfc

For me the jury is still out. Although we appear to have made two good signings, we have still lost McPake, Clingan, Cranie, Platt and to a lesser extent Hreidarsson not to mention our two loan players, and with Keogh in my opinion a cert to leave. That’s 8 out with 2 in. Early days so will wait and see.

kg82

Thats my thinking too! Offer Keogh a very good contract and get off to a good start then anything is possible (i Hope)

But as we all know! It can go from happy days to down days in seconds with City!

Probably won't happen, but I like the positivity. It's amazing what difference a single, decent signing can make (take note SISU!!)

Il Pirata

Thorn seems to be going with more pace in the side, judging by these two signings.

Next up, Andrei Kanchelskis.

pusbccfc

Our first team is defiantly a top 10 side.
Its the back up that's the worry!

KersleyDigs

I agree that Thorn has brought in some pace. I think we may even play 4-3-3 this season as we have Fleck, McSheffrey & Elliot who can play anywhere in a front 3!

Nonleagueherewecome

I agree that Thorn has brought in some pace. I think we may even play 4-3-3 this season as we have Fleck, McSheffrey & Elliot who can play anywhere in a front 3!

Fleck--------------Sheff
-----Cody----Elliott-----

OR

Fleck------Sheff
-----Cody-------

I think the latter is more likely and more balanced, with it very much a front 3 with lots of fluidity rather than a 4-5-1.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Very happy with the signings we have had so far. Need to sort out the back 4 though... Badly! and another one on top wouldn't hurt. We're going in the right direction at the minute :) Not there yet though. What if we could keep Keogh til Jan? I'd be happy to settle for that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

-----------------Murphy
-------Keogh--Cameron--Wood
-------------Gael------Deegan
----------------Fleck
Baker---Eilliot---Mcdonald---Mcsheff

:D

Nonleagueherewecome

Very happy with the signings we have had so far. Need to sort out the back 4 though... Badly! and another one on top wouldn't hurt. We're going in the right direction at the minute :) Not there yet though. What if we could keep Keogh til Jan? I'd be happy to settle for that.

If it's this:

Clarke-Keogh-Wood-Hussey

With Cyrus to come back and Willis/Cameron/Henderson to cover, I'd say we need maybe one more defender. Ruffles may be an OK 3rd choice LB if Wood can cover Hussey (not ideal, but it's what he's done at this club all his career), then one more CB, although a LB who can play elsewhere (Kilbane!?!?) would be nice too.

If Keogh goes, all bets are off!

stupot07

We were what 5-6 signings light last season, we've lost another 5 players so far this season and brought in 2. I think signing 2 players in a week has got everyone a bit giddy.

Nonleagueherewecome

-----------------Murphy
-------Keogh--Cameron--Wood
-------------Gael------Deegan
----------------Fleck
Baker---Eilliot---Mcdonald---Mcsheff

:D

If you are looking at that, realistically you need to do a Napoli/Wigan job: out with Baker and McSheff, move those lines to between the DEF and MID lines, and put in Ruffles and Clarke! You can't really play 3-2-1-4 in the 21st Century, even in L1..who are we, Uruguay in the 30's?!? Kits similar I guess...

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

We were what 5-6 signings light last season, we've lost another 5 players so far this season and brought in 2. I think signing 2 players in a week has got everyone a bit giddy.

Signed two, suspended one, lost one...maybe about to sell one. Giddy is the understatement of the year, but we are pretty chuffed at nabbing a starlet like Fleck, and with good reason! We're like a tramp who's just found a £50 note in a bin-we're eating hot chips tonight!

Sky Blue Kid

5 out 2 in....nowhere near enough, we need at least another 6. Don't forget Keogh, and Bigi, haven't gone yet!

Nonleagueherewecome

5 out 2 in....nowhere near enough, we need at least another 6. Don't forget Keogh, and Bigi, haven't gone yet!

Yeah well I was just talking this week: if you wanna talk last season~now, that's a different subject entirely!

covcity4life

clingan was cack 2nd half of season so im not too bothered about him going, hope i dont eat my words

as for cranie hes a big loss but were in a lower league now and might be able to get by without him.

Sky Blue Kid

As I've said before, we need cover in ALL positions and 3 multi-position players. A minimum of 25 experienced players(I'm not talking Academy boys who have sat on the bench a few times either):eek:

SkyBlue_Bear83

If you are looking at that, realistically you need to do a Napoli/Wigan job: out with Baker and McSheff, move those lines to between the DEF and MID lines, and put in Ruffles and Clarke! You can't really play 3-2-1-4 in the 21st Century, even in L1..who are we, Uruguay in the 30's?!? Kits similar I guess...
Why not :( Would be fun :D

Any reason why you said Clarke and Ruffels opposed to Clarke and Hussey.

The Reverend Skyblue

Yes stu I've gone a but giddy, what a great new feeling.I'll await the crash later this week when we sell Keogh and a.n.other

The Rev

Nonleagueherewecome

Why not :( Would be fun :D

Any reason why you said Clarke and Ruffels opposed to Clarke and Hussey.

I suppose I was looking at your lines and thinking attacking, but yeah you're right, Hussey. I love Hussey :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes stu I've gone a but giddy, what a great new feeling.I'll await the crash later this week when we sell Keogh and a.n.other

The Rev

Turns out the £50 our tramp found in a bin was a forgery :(

Astute

We now have quality players for Div3. If Kilbane signs I will be putting even more money on us being in the top 6. On Betfair we are down to 2.16. Swindon are 2.22 That is 1.16/1 or just better than evens.

There probably will be more players join and more leave. But with the quality of players joining us it seems as though AT is getting the players he wants.

I can't wait for the.season to start now

Users who are viewing this thread