Apps for new Android phone (1 Viewer)

hughescov

I've got a new Android phone and I've browsed the app stores for ones that I might want.. but was wondering if there are any apps that people would suggest, whether they are games, information, music etc ?? :pimp:

Sky Blue Sheepy

"ESPN Goals" is a good'un for free Premier League highlights within 15mins of a match finishing.
For score updates find one called "FotMob". Every league is there, you can choose your favourite leagues to show/update and can put score alerts on individual games - best score app imo.
"ColourNote" is another great one - you can have sticky notes on your phone essentially and can have either text or checklists - I use them for shopping, a to-do-list, even money management (I log whenever I use my debit card to make sure I know what I've spent)
"MailDroid" is the best App for getting your emails - there is a built in 1 but I found it didn't sync well with hotmail when deleting mail.
Most useful for mobile data management is one called "Stats Free" - you can set your montly limit for calls, texts and 3G and Wifi internet usage and it will alert you when nearing your limit.
Those are some of my most useful apps.

torchomatic

I have an Android phone and an Asus Eee pad and there are a few apps I couldn't do without:

VPlayer
Dolphin HD
Spotify
Sky+

Sky+ is a good one. The missus hates it when she's at home in the day and the sky box starts recording and asks which recording she wants to cancel.

hughescov

Some decent suggestions to which I've got probably the equivalent to most such as K-9 Mail, skysports swapable via orange and traffic counter. I will try Sky+ out though!

I'mARealWizard

If you've got Froyo (2.2) onwards, you don't need a task killer/battery saver. The apps run in the background without using any power.

I'm not sure you'd want some of the ones I have, but here are a few free apps you might like:

Lightning Bug (sends you to sleep playing various 'white noise' like forests, beaches, fires burning etc...
Ultimate Lightsaber
ECB Cricket - is a great one if you follow the cricket
Shazam
Google SkyMap

I'mARealWizard

Oh, and SiMi Folder is great for putting a 'folder' on your screen if you're out of space.

Viber is shite and never works and Skype constantly runs despite closing (you have to do a forced close for that one!)

Users who are viewing this thread