April 2nd 2017 (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Grendel would have a field day if we still had all of those players !!

Great goal by George Thomas, though.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Forgot some of the shit players we used to have until you reminded me of Vinceti, I know he aint in this but just reminded me of him considering how shit we were

Adge

The only people to believe the hype were him and his agent and a few fools who liked a sob story.

mark82

The only people to believe the hype were him and his agent and a few fools who liked a sob story.

He was talented. He played 13 times in the Premier League, 9 times in the Europa League. You have to have something about you to do that. He went off to Rangers on loan where he didn't play due to a mystery illness. All gone downhill from there. It's a shame really, seemed a nice kid. He's only 27 now, should be just coming into his prime.

mark82

He was talented. He played 13 times in the Premier League, 9 times in the Europa League. You have to have something about you to do that. He went off to Rangers on loan where he didn't play due to a mystery illness. All gone downhill from there. It's a shame really, seemed a nice kid. He's only 27 now, should be just coming into his prime.

Plays in the same team as Rory Donnelly now.

pusbccfc

Mark Robins got the best out of that team that day. In all fairness, he has done that quite a lot.
In big games he's done well.

torchomatic

Four years. Wow. I had to watch it at home as I was in and out of hospital but my son, wife and Dad went. It was a great day even on my own in the living room.

Covstu

Great day but pressure was off, i wanted us to win of course but wasn’t going to lose sleep over it if we didn’t. The playoff final was very different!

SBT

Great day but pressure was off, i wanted us to win of course but wasn’t going to lose sleep over it if we didn’t. The playoff final was very different!

Weirdly I was much more nervous before the Checkatrade final than I was at the playoff final. Despite the stakes being so much higher, there was something about that game against Exeter that made me feel the result was never in doubt.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Weirdly I was much more nervous before the Checkatrade final than I was at the playoff final. Despite the stakes being so much higher, there was something about that game against Exeter that made me feel the result was never in doubt.
I was exactly the same. Checkatrade was my first visit to Wembley and I felt like a kid. The game was a rollercoaster.

As soon as we made the play offs I was convinced we were winning. The Exeter game was just going through the motions

Hertsccfc

I was exactly the same. Checkatrade was my first visit to Wembley and I felt like a kid. The game was a rollercoaster.

As soon as we made the play offs I was convinced we were winning. The Exeter game was just going through the motions
Whilst I did feel more confident about the Exeter game I was far more worried about it given the importance. I was pleased when we won the Checkatrade but it didn't mean that much to me. I know I certainly celebrated the Play Off final goals much more as did those around me.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Whilst I did feel more confident about the Exeter game I was far more worried about it given the importance. I was pleased when we won the Checkatrade but it didn't mean that much to me. I know I certainly celebrated the Play Off final goals much more as did those around me.
Don’t get me wrong loved both days celebrated for ages.

point for me was, the nerves are good for the atmosphere. Exeter for me there was no nerves. And no concern

ProfessorbyGrace

How 4 years have flown past...like a seagull with the squits...

How is George Thomas doing at QPR, anyway?

Grendel

How 4 years have flown past...like a seagull with the squits...

How is George Thomas doing at QPR, anyway?

Better than the other guy who scored that day for sure

fernandopartridge

Haha same, drinking that shitty Carlsberg.
Same thing a year or so later, missed the Willis goal for the same reason. Funny thing was the TV in the bar was a few seconds behind, I'd started to walk back out to my seat, heard the roar and ran back to see the goal on TV. Some day.

Users who are viewing this thread