Are SISU heading for forgiveness (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I genuinely expected 7 out and 1 in this summer.

However we have the 7 out, including loanees.

To my shock we have had 4 in, and 2 currently on trial. Also 500k on getting academy status 2.
Sign those two plus another striker. I will view SISU with a clean slate.

Add a creative midfielder then we will have some fun this season.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

To my shock we have had 4 in, and 2 currently on trial. Also 500k on getting academy status 2.

Even if we have 7 out and 7 in, the squad remains too small. Saying that-the signings are of decent quality and the money put into the academy is equally refreshing.

Nonleagueherewecome

Far, far, far, far far too early to ask that. Try again in October-or even better, next April!

Nonleagueherewecome

covcity4life

tooe arly to forgive...but a great successful season may help alot of people forget

hell maybe sisu will change when they see whats its like to be winners?

Nonleagueherewecome

Bottom of the Championship table (after 10 point deduction) and facing an uncertain future with administration. Preferable to where we are now?

How do you know that we wouldn't have already bounced back up by now, having been bought by someone rich, just like other sides that were in that position have since been?

speedie87

Anyone watch the bbc documentary about the 1500m?

Was a great finish runner Who invented interval training and they kept on about sisu!!!

Colonel Mustard

How do you know that we wouldn't have already bounced back up by now, having been bought by someone rich, just like other sides that were in that position have since been?

I don't know - that's why I said it was an uncertain future.

What I do know is that the CCFC board continually said that SISU were the only interested party for the club. They were so desperate as to humour the likes of Dhinsa and Alki David. Not exactly stable ground on which to bet the future of the club.

dongonzalos

Lots of sore wounds still there I see. I agree a bit early yet, but if they do sign the two centre halfs a striker and a creative midfielder surely they may have fulfilled their side of the bargain and gave us a fighting chance.

The fact we are in league one will always be attributed to them. However they have said they have learnt from their, mistakes I did not believe them. I am now half way there to believing them.

We have lost some very important players, but SISU of the past would not even attempt to replace them man for man. It was always far more out, than players in.

pusbccfc

They've got a long way to go yet!

Skybluedar

I think that they have a long way to go, however they have done something that this Summer so far that they have failed to do for some time - create a little positivity and excitement amongst the fans. This of course has been amplified with the 8-0 drubbing today. With already twice the signings of last Summer (all of which are outfield), more in the pipeline hopefully, and a good result under our belt, things are looking good going into the new season. SISU or not, I support the Sky Blues. PUSB

Sky Blue Sheepy

As said above, they have a long way to go. They're making the right moves tho and tbf I fully expect Keogh to go of his own accord.

AlexJohnson93

You can definately see the argument from both sides. Fans want the club to do well; SISU want the club to stop losing so much money. The 2 do not mix.

Astute

If we keep on going in the right direction I will be happy.

When we get back to the Championship I will be even happier.

If they get us back to the Prem I will forgive them. One thing for sure though, I will never forget.

Wrenstreetcarpark

and how much do they owe ACL now? How much is owed to Arvo? Doesn't that still add to the losses on the P&L?

It seems it's quite easy to turn the criticism away with a few good moves by Waggott.
Fisher and Seppala must be loving it. Take the money from ACL and spend it on some players, make a "promise" (no cash up front) on funding the Academy and suddenly they smell of roses...
But underneath it is still rotten to the core.
all they want is the money.

Maybe now that there is not so much flak from the fans John Clarke will emerge from the stone he has been hiding under and take the credit for his wonderful leadershit.

Astute

They won't get their money back until we have a successful club. They know that now.

The quicker it happens the quicker they go. They want us to win as much as we do. You don't have to like them, but at least we have a reason now to look forward to next season.

I don't care if they take us to successive promotions, win the premier league and then the Champions League, they have done the damage.

Get lost SISU

Astute

I don't care if they take us to successive promotions, win the premier league and then the Champions League, they have done the damage.

Get lost SISU

I suppose it would have been better if we had done a Pompey? They got it badly wrong last season, but at least we are strengthening our squad now and are bringing our outgoings under control. Should have done it years ago.

Sutty

SISU have made mistakes, no doubt about it, but I think they're doing the right things this Summer.

The one sour note is the sale of Bigi - but even then I can see the logic.

@richh87

So far this summer they're doing ok. You have to remember that last season the squad was too small, so they need more than another 2 or 3 to come in.

I'll never forget the contempt they've shown for us the fans. The wrestling banners away from people, the lies, the footballing suicide of giving us an uncompetitive squad last season which pretty much guaranteed relegation.

It'll take a hell of a lot to forgive.

dongonzalos

So far this summer they're doing ok. You have to remember that last season the squad was too small, so they need more than another 2 or 3 to come in.

I'll never forget the contempt they've shown for us the fans. The wrestling banners away from people, the lies, the footballing suicide of giving us an uncompetitive squad last season which pretty much guaranteed relegation.

It'll take a hell of a lot to forgive.

Still you were one the biggest haters of SISU of all, yet you say so far this summer, they are doing well. Lets watch this space, I am still a bit sceptical. If Cody goes I will be outraged but lets see...............

valiant15

They are doing well this summer? They've let more out than theyve brought in! Our strike force is shocking,a win over a pub team up the road is papering over the cracks.

Grendel

They are doing well this summer? They've let more out than theyve brought in! Our strike force is shocking,a win over a pub team up the road is papering over the cracks.

They are behaving much more like they are taking the football part seriously. They have strengthened the behind the scenes team, signing players and the signs are positive.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
over 4 years to get us here and it takes 2 weeks of clever transfer talk, a little spin on the financing of the academy, and good but unimportant friendly win for us to talk forgiveness ?

we are still in massive debt (£30m+) largely because of how SISU have operated, in the 3rd division because they had no proper plan to avoid it, not kicked a ball in anger in the 3rd division, continue to make losses, still not trusted by council acl or charity, so many fans switched off.......... etc etc

way to early to mention terms like forgiveness........... nothing has been achieved and the financial hole continues to get worse

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
dont get me wrong i like the positive steps forward in terms of organising the structures etc but lets be honest it isnt rocket science and should/could have been done a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread