Are we allowed to sign from the womens leagues... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

They play decent football but lets be serious, they would lose to Torquay heavily. There's the benchmark and it's a low one.

The quality of the better players has improved manifold since I watched the Olympic football in 2012. Then, there were a handful of players who were 'good'. Now, from a technical point of view, there are a lot of very good players. Could a bloke's team kick lumps out of them. and beat them with physicality - yes, but I have watched a few of the women's players show more technical ability than a lot of the players from the lower leagues.

skybluejane

Of course our women football players aren’t as physically strong as the men, but give them credit for their technical ability and scoring so many good goals. And no histrionics! They’re tackled, they get up and carry on. No rolling round the pitch, diving or arguing with the ref.

skyblu3sk

Have the folks commenting derogatory comments watched the game? Or are you all just taking the pose of "nah mate women's football is shit innit" with no evidence. Now the depth of players obviously isn't there but the majority of the players on the pitch last night pushed the ball around at pace to feet and some of the goals if a bloke had scored you'd all be wanking over...

Nick

Administrator
Of course our women football players aren’t as physically strong as the men, but give them credit for their technical ability and scoring so many good goals. And no histrionics! They’re tackled, they get up and carry on. No rolling round the pitch, diving or arguing with the ref.

Pretty sure there was a dive in England v Norway?

steve cooper

I don't think it will be long before we see some pre-season warm up / friendly games played between the women's and men's teams. Should get a better idea of progress then. I sort of watched the England V Norway game (I think it was) and the Norway goalkeeper looked dire to me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for enjoying the women's game, but it is a completely different thing and the comparisons I think only make things worse. It's still a massive way off.

By all means support it, but let's face it, the quality is nowhere near what some people are trying to say it is.

SBchimp

It’s improved. But the England team would get beaten by our u18s side, possibly our u16s.
And that would be both technically and physically but it’s certainly going in the right direction.

The challenge for the woman's game is that most men and I include myself, wouldn’t pay to watch a match.

procdoc

I don’t watch women’s football because it’s just not as good in terms of quality. It makes me smile when people suggest they should get paid as much as male footballers. If the game commercially gets to that level then yes, they should get paid the same but it is nowhere near that yet

baldy

The quality of the womens football is a joke - the Norway defending the other day against England was so amateuris,almost every goal was due to a farcical piece of defending
What gets me is the fact that it’s bought up that one of the England women strikers is closing in on Linekers goalscoring record etc - they‘re 2 totally different sports….stop trying to make womens football more relevant & better by lumping it in with the mens game
Absolutely awful stuff

skyblu3sk

Well take it to the off topic part of this forum. I'll answer your question for you, no we are not signing any women to play for the mens team. Ridiculous.
My word how triggered are you by one thread 🤣🤣 Calm down petal have a walk and a word with yourself.

skyblu3sk

Haha people really turned this into pace and power lol.

Think OP was just paying a compliment
Pretty much this, was just surprised how much I enjoyed the match compared to the dross we suffered say in league 2 but its certainly bought out the ermm let's say Gammon police 🤣 I can see a world with similar investment to the men's game there will be some awesome players that could easily slot in to the men's game in certain positions.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread