Are we better off because Wasps have gone bump? (1 Viewer)

JAM See

Forget what's gone on in the past. It's 2022.

Is this good or bad for Coventry City Football Club (and why)?

This is not a troll, a genuine question as to what are the upsides and downsides of the recent events.

No slagging off of the insects please, purely about our beloved Sky Blues.

Sky Blue Pete

It’s good if they leave and if an nec type person doesn’t take over the arena
As tenants we aren’t in a great position as grendel has said on numerous occasions

hill83

mZCyrs.gif

Don't know

no_loyalty

Excuse my ignorance but will the administrator control the stadium short term or will it revert back to the council? if more of our home games have to be postponed, we’re fucked.

mark82

It’s good if they leave and if an nec type person doesn’t take over the arena
As tenants we aren’t in a great position as grendel has said on numerous occasions

Personally don't think tenancy is a big issue if we have an affordable long term deal.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

We have absolutely no idea yet, any number of things could happen that could leave us much worse or much better off. I expect it will be a pretty bumpy ride for a while yet.

Kingokings204

Excuse my ignorance but will the administrator control the stadium short term or will it revert back to the council? if more of our home games have to be postponed, we’re fucked.

the administrator will run the business so it will be them keeping the revenue stream of the stadium going so we will still have a place to play as it stands come monday.

Seaside-Skyblue

We have absolutely no idea yet, any number of things could happen that could leave us much worse or much better off. I expect it will be a pretty bumpy ride for a while yet.
If there's a set of fans who know how to ride turbulence it's us. Bring it on. But in answer to question though, I think this above nails it, the next few months could be really good or it could go even more pear shaped. I just hope we're finally coming close to an era of just being able to focus on and enjoy the bloody football. I felt like we had a taste of that for the first time in years last season.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Calista

Unless somehow they have got into an arrangement with another bidder, I can’t imagine Sisu being able to buy the Arena. Whoever does so, I’ve got a nagging fear that Joy will dig her heels in, refuse to sell and keep us on life support for another few years, whilst threatening to build another stadium and always needing another 3 weeks to identify a site. That’s a fate worse than death, so I hope somebody has deep enough pockets to make her an offer she can’t refuse.

duffer

Better, to my mind. Even if we remain stuck as tenants to a new landlord, we'll be the primary tenant. That's got to give us some negotiating power when the lease does comes up.

And there's a chance, maybe a slim one, but a chance that this brings us to the attentions of someone who can move us along a little further financially.

I'm genuinely hopeful. Can't last. 😁

ccfc1234

Does anyone know why Worcester have been relegated for going into administration but to date wasps have not? I think wasps leaving will be great if we can afford to own at least part of the stadium business.

Sky Blue Harry H

For things to change, in terms of CCFC having the potential to progress, certain things need to happen. This is a first step. It may not move us much further forward, and I have no clue as to what will happen next, but....it is that first step.

Grendel

Personally don't think tenancy is a big issue if we have an affordable long term deal.

Will our owners want that?

Macca1987

I see it as a positive re the pitch, no hunking tubs of lard ripping it up every second week.
On CCFC as a whole, I'm with many others on here, too many twists and turns still to come up, and would never trust Joy one inch on what her plans/or lack of them are

Briles

the administrator will run the business so it will be them keeping the revenue stream of the stadium going so we will still have a place to play as it stands come monday.

So who is in charge of maintaining the stadium/pitch? And where does that money come from?

Mcbean

The first thing that must happen whatever is that we start picking up points and get out of the relegation zone - no prospective buyer will buy at championship rates in league 1 - everyone must get to the games if they can to display the value of the locality and what a good prospect we are

fatso

A decent pitch from now on is a bloody good start, along with the (potential) prospect of new owners, who may have some investment.

I'd say there is reason to be cautiously optimistic.

covboy1987

Forget what's gone on in the past. It's 2022.

Is this good or bad for Coventry City Football Club (and why)?

This is not a troll, a genuine question as to what are the upsides and downsides of the recent events.

No slagging off of the insects please, purely about our beloved Sky Blues.
I personally think that the way forward for Championship/ League 1 and League 2 clubs is to be involved in a ground share with something like Rugby/ netball/Judo/Basketball and of course the concerts and Exhibitions Hotel etc. and the local community as the revenues they bring in basically a gold mine - Bristol city and Swansea show the way as they have been doing this for years and very successful with an immaculate pitch for the football clubs to play on - what's the point of having a Monstrosity of a stadium and using it for football every two weeks - Bristol city and Swansea has worked as the partners worked together - This has sadly not been the case with our set up - Shame it wasn't Coventry Rugby involved people would more than accepted

SkyB

It makes me quite optimistic in it all. Connecting dots doesn't always go well but there have been a lot of dots in this second half of the year so far...

Having to sell Hyam to keep the club 'afloat' shows Sisu have no intention of providing any more cash to club.
The article about Sisu being open to selling/having someone come in and co-own by buying the stadium off wasps.
Gary Hoffman saying there will be some good news soon (Small one I know)
Wasps going completely tits up brings more eyes on to our situation.
Jordan saying there was an opportunity there and that he'd held talks with the club. (The blokes a grade A but that isn't something he'd completely make up a story about)
Despite common feelings about the bloke Ashley is one of this countries most successful businessmen. If Jordan was given an offer to buy the club then I'd be very surprised if Ashley wasn't offered the same chance.

Skyblueweeman

Who knows how this will shake out in the long term.

The one positive for us (as I see it) the I'm delighted with, is that our landlord will no longer be a nomadic, sh!tty, rugby club who shouldn't be in our city.

Granted, we don't know who our new landlords will be but as long as it's not Wasps, that's a better situation than the last few years for me.

Users who are viewing this thread