Are Wigan Buggered ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

I think unless Wigan get back into the Prem first time of asking they will suffer Wimbledon style or dare i say Coventry style.

Skyblue4u

I'm sure the 60 million plus parachute payment's will allow them to prosper under the cheaters charter. So much for Financial fair play rules eh?

skybluericoh

There in a stronger place than us. A wealthy chairman that supports the club and is prepared to back them, they took 31000 to wembley, ok not the highest in numbers but when you consider that only 81000 live in Wigan that the same as us taking about 90,000, there in Europe so may be easier to hold onto players?

pusbccfc

Well the support isn't there to keep them going in that sense.
They'll struggle to get 10k if they don't start well.

But financially they are in a good state. They have competition money etc.

Good squad atm too.

hutch1972

I'm sure the 60 million plus parachute payment's will allow them to prosper under the cheaters charter. So much for Financial fair play rules eh?

They did say during the match that the FFP law is being taken through the courts so i expect it will end up null and void to the PL.
Not that it means much to Wigan now anyway.

Brighton Sky Blue

They did say during the match that the FFP law is being taken through the courts so i expect it will end up null and void to the PL.
Not that it means much to Wigan now anyway.

West Ham threatened a High Court challenge to FFP if they didn't go up last season. Says everything.

skybluebeduff

With them in Europe now, and having to play 46 games in the league, plus next seasons cup games, they'll struggle. It's ruined Newcastle this season.

SkyBlueHomer

How long do you expect them to stay in though? A few season ago didnt take Millwall long to get knocked out & I would expect them to go the same way and concentrate on promotion. UEFA is worth peanuts compared to getting back up.

SkyBlueScottie

They seem a well run, sensible club, would imagine the wages are not Sky high. The performances of Maloney and McManaman means they will probably move on, but I would imagine that they will go for decent sums.

I would imagine (dependent on the new manager being as well liked as Martinez seems to be) they will be favourites to go back up.

TBH, im actually suprised they went down at last. They have the worst squad in the league but somehow they kept staying up. Out of this years Wigan squad, IMO they have 3 Premier League quality players. Some of their 1st team players arent even good enough for League One. Sad to see them go cus i love the underdogs, and they did beat Man City and get Mancini sacked, but they deserved to go down this season. Now Roberto Martinez will likely go to Everton, would be glad to see him staying in the PL. Top manager

ajsccfc

Which Wigan starters aren't good enough for League One?

(spoiler: the answer is you're wrong)

shy_tall_knight

I think they may be in trouble, there will be squad players who may have to have parts of their contract paid up to get them off their books, saleable players may not get as much cash for them as clubs know that they don't want to stay in the championship - attracting players to Wigan - probably have to pay more as an unfashionable club. Only Bolton managed to make a decent go at getting to the play offs blackburn and Wolves were poor. Bolton Wigan and Blackburn are all smaller than Cov and we will see how big their gates are following a couple of years of championship mediocrity - Also Wigan without Martinez will be a weaker outfit.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've heard & read some ridiculous comments about how their FA Cup victory is now hollow because they've been relegated......

....Unbelievable.....anyone who believes that is a fucking imbecile of the highest order.

wingy

I think they may be in trouble, there will be squad players who may have to have parts of their contract paid up to get them off their books, saleable players may not get as much cash for them as clubs know that they don't want to stay in the championship - attracting players to Wigan - probably have to pay more as an unfashionable club. Only Bolton managed to make a decent go at getting to the play offs blackburn and Wolves were poor. Bolton Wigan and Blackburn are all smaller than Cov and we will see how big their gates are following a couple of years of championship mediocrity - Also Wigan without Martinez will be a weaker outfit.

Possibly suit Owen coyle to regenerate his career.:thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

If only our Chairman were as honourable as Wigan's Chairman....:thinking about:

I hope they rot in hell. I quite liked them until that Tory idiots insensitive remarks about how all clubs should be made to observe a minutes silence for Thatcher :jerkit:

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm quite surprised that they switched to that young Spanish keeper when Al-Habsi was seemingly fit and ready on the bench. He looked a rabbit in the headlights in the games he's played and wasn't really the experienced head that defence needed behind them.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I hope they rot in hell. I quite liked them until that Tory idiots insensitive remarks about how all clubs should be made to observe a minutes silence for Thatcher :jerkit:

I wasn't familiar with that... nor do I align with his politics or that particular view; my comment was based purely on his integrity towards; his football club, its fans base and the people of Wigan which are undeniable honourable .... we all have views around Mrs Thatcher best not spoken about amongst friends?:p :wave:

Nonleagueherewecome

I wasn't familiar with that... nor do I align with his politics or that particular view; my comment was based purely on his integrity towards; his football club, its fans base and the people of Wigan which are undeniable honourable .... we all have views around Mrs Thatcher best not spoken about amongst friends?:p :wave:

Well I only have one Tory friend and I have to completely put it out of my mind that she is as other than that she's a great person. Maybe he's like her? They're a bloody rare breed, though....they should re-release that Spitting Image "Never Met a Nice South African" with lyrics about Tories instead. Of course, she quite liked South Africa back then...

Users who are viewing this thread