Armstrong - "I'll get my Hattrick next week" (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Top lad, dissapointed to have hit the post late on and reckons he'll get a Hattrick next week.

Great performance from all the players today. With a couple of well placed signings we could have a really good season

Evo1883

It wouldnt suprise me if he hits 15 before xmas ..his movement and ball game is different class .. problem is teams will double up on him

Astute

He has gone from nowhere to 20/1 6th favorite to be top scorer. I looked for him a couple of days to have a little punt ago but he wasn't on the list. We are also down to 11/2 for promotion. Still big odds. But I have us at 7's :)

Evo1883

Honestly with more additions and that workrate and effort .. we should be in the mix for the last couple of playoff spots

Astute

I have us at decent odds for top 3 and top 4. Massive odds for top 2. And after today I am much more confident.

Greggs

Lets hope Newcastle have a decent start to the season, we want this lad for as long as possible! Slight improvement on the first game of last season at Bradford, with loanee Josh Mcwank leading the line!

no_loyalty

It wouldnt suprise me if he hits 15 before xmas ..his movement and ball game is different class .. problem is teams will double up on him

If he does hit 15 before Xmas, I very much doubt Newcastle will allow us to extend his loan period

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

He has gone from nowhere to 20/1 6th favorite to be top scorer. I looked for him a couple of days to have a little punt ago but he wasn't on the list. We are also down to 11/2 for promotion. Still big odds. But I have us at 7's :)

was at 33/1 same as tudgay a few days ago on skybet

lifeskyblue

If he hits that many by Xmas the least they will do is hawk him to championship clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackoskyblue

I just pray that mitrovic bangs them in for the toon. If he's on fire and they aren't in trouble then surely it's better for the lad to keep banging them in where he's settled. Anyway 6 months is a long time lets just enjoy him while he's here

Samo

Maddison will love that space to play.

Astute

Maddison will love that space to play.

And Armstrong will still beat them :) He seems to be a class above most in this division. And they will still need to beat Reda and Ricketts :claping hands:

Terry Gibson's perm

New season new bonuses to collect so not looked at Skybet yet. But Tudgay was our top odds at 66/1 where I looked.

armstrong has already got more than Tudgay will get this season;) he should be about a million to one to be the leading scorer in the league

westendunited

On the negative if he continues to play like that Newcastle will call the new shearer back. We still need to sign a goal scorer.

shmmeee

On the negative if he continues to play like that Newcastle will call the new shearer back. We still need to sign a goal scorer.

There's a whole universe of quality from L1 to the Prem for a striker. Need I remind you Andy Morrell banged them in at this level.

This is the natural progression for him at the moment as long as we are treating him well.

mrtrench

It does make me smile, there's never any sense of perspective on here; everything is black or white; one extreme or the other. On Friday Armstrong was nowt but an 18 year old kid to many; the side was going to play Wigan as sacrificial lambs without any hope and no goalscorers. Now Armstrong is going to score so many by Christmas that Newcastle are sure to bring him back to throw in for Premiership games and it doesn't matter if he's double or triple marked because he'll still score. :)

speedie87

He nearly got a hattrick this week

Did the keeper get a hand on the shot that hit the post?

Plus the one where he charged the keeper down so nearly went in too

phildownunder

It does make me smile, there's never any sense of perspective on here; everything is black or white; one extreme or the other. On Friday Armstrong was nowt but an 18 year old kid to many; the side was going to play Wigan as sacrificial lambs without any hope and no goalscorers. Now Armstrong is going to score so many by Christmas that Newcastle are sure to bring him back to throw in for Premiership games and it doesn't matter if he's double or triple marked because he'll still score. :)

I wouldn`t put it quite as strongly as you Mr T but I do see what you mean. As I`ve remarked before I think too many fans (of all clubs) go from utter despair after a loss to wild euphoria after a win.

Mind you I`m pretty chuffed myself right now. :)

Ashdown

He does, we will still need a big lump up top when we start playing away at the likes of Colchester et al on lumpy pitches.

Mcbean

Yes he will be on the crock list for the first ten minutes for some of the lead foots in our division and if the ref was as good as Saturday he might be out for a time - I hope not as was quite refreshing - if a little hot :D

Users who are viewing this thread