Arsenal "Highlights" (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Ogogo / Kelly for the first looked like a pair of OPs. Kelly hasn't played for ages so he has an excuse.

The 2nd one, no excusing that

3rd, if in doubt just clear it

Otis

Hmmm.

I noticed on the match thread someone was criticising Sterling for the bad pass for the first, but it was definitely Hiwula wasn't it. Camwell at fault for the 3rd goal.

Bakayoko looks pretty good in that clip mind and so too Allassani, though I believe he didn't actually have a good game overall.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Hmmm.

I noticed on the match thread someone was criticising Sterling for the bad pass for the first, but it was definitely Hiwula wasn't it. Camwell at fault for the 3rd goal.

Bakayoko looks pretty good in that clip mind and so too Allassani, though I believe he didn't actually have a good game overall.
I noticed that too, and even still, if the pass is poor, there is lot afterwards that is terrible. Wasn't the worst place to give the ball away. Who is it who gets bossed for the 3rd?

Esoterica

Hmmm.

That was me, was definitely Hiwula not Sterling.

Nick

Administrator
Hmmm.

Bakayoko was OK if he got the ball at his feet rather than over his head.

ccfcway

those highlights don't really show the full picture. 5 highlights for them, 4 for us. in reality, it wasn't that close.

Nick

Administrator
Strangely they had loads turn up at half time, not sure if a coach broke down or something.

Esoterica

So come on then - was it 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 yesterday? Robins talked about a loss of shape and I'm not convinced we played one or the other, was almost a 4-5-1 with how deep Andreu came for the ball at times. Allassani's positional play was more like a winger, Hiwula seemed to tuck inside a bit more and play closer to Andreu. We certainly didn't have much movement beyond Bakayoko. So what was it?

GaryJones

Jesus - what was it with those shirt numbers?
Arsenal team must have added up to around 1,000!

Nick

Administrator
So come on then - was it 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 yesterday? Robins talked about a loss of shape and I'm not convinced we played one or the other, was almost a 4-5-1 with how deep Andreu came for the ball at times. Allassani's positional play was more like a winger, Hiwula seemed to tuck inside a bit more and play closer to Andreu. We certainly didn't have much movement beyond Bakayoko. So what was it?

Really not sure.

I don't know whether Andreu just wasn't fit enough to play advanced so literally just stood in the centre circle for most of the game.

It was as if Andreu was only slightly more advanced than the 2 DMs and then a huugeee gap to Bakayoko on his own with their defenders around him.

speedie87

Think they were arsenal fans who moved from home end to away end at ht.

Ps Ogogo should be getting more stick for his performance last night he was appalling. That one point in first half he ran from half way line to edge of our own area with the ball to then do a square pass straight to their player, and as for the second goal

djr8369

Think they were arsenal fans who moved from home end to away end at ht.

Ps Ogogo should be getting more stick for his performance last night he was appalling. That one point in first half he ran from half way line to edge of our own area with the ball to then do a square pass straight to their player, and as for the second goal

Yeah he really didn’t have a good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

I noticed that too, and even still, if the pass is poor, there is lot afterwards that is terrible. Wasn't the worst place to give the ball away. Who is it who gets bossed for the 3rd?

Camwell. Shame as he had a great first half but looks like that goal knocked his confidence by his reaction.

djr8369

Hmmm.

Allassani has some good moments and was more “streetwise” than the rest of our players. They did seem to target him as well to reduce his effectiveness.

djr8369

Agree with all this. If it was 4-2-3-1 Allassani and Hiwula we’re both drifting too far out of position and whatever the formation Andreu seemed to spend most of the evening stood 2 metres from Kelly watching the game go by.

I think Camwell's performance last night depends on what Robins wanted from the game. If it was a case of getting out there and showing what he can do then top marks from me. Made a great tackle in the first half that was brought back for a free kick. Disappointed with conceding the 3rd but I'd rather that happened in this cup at 2-0 down than in a league game where points are more important. He clearly has talent and from what I understand he has turned his lifestyle around. Maybe it was the kick up the backside from Robins he needed. Spell out on loan somewhere to get some experience might be the best option.

Mucca Mad Boys

We gifted them 3 goals with comical defending/passing.

Some positives, we created some decent chances with Allassani and Bakayoko looking good.

They took their chances really well in fairness to them.

Gazolba

First goal, GK should have saved it. Last two goals glaring defensive mistakes.

steve82

My seating position wasn’t the best but from what I could make out it was more 4411/442 than 4231. However as the game went on notably the second half the pairing of Kelly/Ogogo sank deeper as the legs tired chasing the kids who were full of running inviting pressure deeper in our half in Arsenal’s benefit, the substitutions made no impressions to gain us yards up the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread