Article: Boothroyd Not Rushing Back Into Football (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Boothroyd not rushing back into football

Boothroydcrop.jpg

Former City boss having a break

Former Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd, who was sacked by the club a fortnight ago in response to a bad run of form, has said he is not planning to rush back into the first job that becomes available.

Boothroyd was spotted at the League Two game at the weekend between Port Vale and Bury and as Port Vale are currently without a manager the speculation immediately suggested that he was in lie for the vacant post.

Boothroyd immediately moved to deny any interest in the Port Vale job saying, “I plan to have a little break from the game, so I don’t intend to apply for any jobs at the moment."

“You can never say ‘never’ but my plan is to get things sorted out with Coventry. When that’s done I’ll look to come back next year.”

Walking Bird

Next year!
I take it he does'nt have a mortgage to worry about.. :pimp:

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, he will do the same as Coleman.

He will be getting paid monthly so he doesn't need to rush back into it as he effectively still has a job for the next couple of years but without doing anything!

I wonder what he needs to get sorted with Coventry?

sky_blue_up_north

Nice job if you can get it. Feel sorry for all those losing their jobs and doing nothing wrong and getting naff all, Aidy was a failure and he gets paid even though he is not working for us. Just goes to show how wrong the whole of society is

The CableGuy

I bet he turns up working for SSN or ITV.

Dowie reports on games for SSN and Coleman has done work for ITV. AB will make it a trio of ex-City managers working on the telly.

ccfcway

I bet he turns up working for SSN or ITV.

Dowie reports on games for SSN and Coleman has done work for ITV. AB will make it a trio of ex-City managers working on the telly.

all of who appear to talk a better game than they play !

What on earth was Coleman spouting on about during the England match... Even Rio Ferdinand disagreed with him !

Paxman II

I would expect his contract is complex and he will be under a media block from discussing it until he has his contract paid up. The lawyers are now studying just how they can wriggle out of his payment as much as possible no doubt. Eventually he will get his money and that will be that. It only serves to suggest contracts are largely not 100% meaningful.

rob9872

If he's on gardening leave for two years and Real Madrid come knocking for Aidy, can we get some compensation? :D

derbyskyblue

Nice job if you can get it. Feel sorry for all those losing their jobs and doing nothing wrong and getting naff all, Aidy was a failure and he gets paid even though he is not working for us. Just goes to show how wrong the whole of society is
Thing is tho was he a failure? I'm not too sure. Got us results early on and things were looking good. Badly let down with finances. He had to shop in poundland and lets be honest even fergie would struggle with what weve got.

Users who are viewing this thread