Ashbyjan or anyone from the Sky Blue Trust.... (1 Viewer)

Delboycov

Did you meet with PH4 today and if so what can you tell us?

quinn1971

Probably won't be able to tell us anything juicy but even scraps would do ;-)

Was thinking the same.Sounds promising though what's happend today .Think there was a bit more discussed today than what's been reported.Long way to come for just a friendly meet and greet.Don't blame Hoffman and Elliot for not saying too much though.sounds like they've learned a lesson from last time.

Delboycov

Was thinking the same.Sounds promising though what's happend today .Think there was a bit more discussed today than what's been reported.Long way to come for just a friendly meet and greet.Don't blame Hoffman and Elliot for not saying too much though.sounds like they've learned a lesson from last time.

Was pleased they acknowledged that they didn't handle things too well last time by building our hopes up and then nothing happening which lost them credibility with some fans. I was really encouraged with what they said but there are still a few nagging doubts with Gilfoyle and PKWH both saying PH4 was a non starter.

Nonleagueherewecome

Was pleased they acknowledged that they didn't handle things too well last time by building our hopes up and then nothing happening which lost them credibility with some fans. I was really encouraged with what they said but there are still a few nagging doubts with Gilfoyle and PKWH both saying PH4 was a non starter.

He didn't quite say that, he was just very careful not to say anything more committed beyond "I've met him...".

MichaelCCFC

I think we are all so desperate for something good to happen that any glimmer of hope gets seized upon, but it wasn't that long ago everyone had such high hopes of sisu so perhaps being sceptical isn't a bad idea - and fan-led ownership working with co-investors who genuinely want to put the team and fans first may be the best option of all

Nonleagueherewecome

I think we are all so desperate for something good to happen that any glimmer of hope gets seized upon, but it wasn't that long ago everyone had such high hopes of sisu so perhaps being sceptical isn't a bad idea - and fan-led ownership working with co-investors who genuinely want to put the team and fans first may be the best option of all

Amen to that. You'll do well to find anybody more anti-SISU than me, but for that very reason I'm very cautious about lauding the next man in town on a white charger as our "saviour". But it's certainly nice to be able to put a face to him, unlike SISU.

MichaelCCFC

Amen to that. You'll do well to find anybody more anti-SISU than me, but for that very reason I'm very cautious about lauding the next man in town on a white charger as our "saviour". But it's certainly nice to be able to put a face to him, unlike SISU.

I'm getting far too cynical in my old age but the mention of 'face' just conjures up Joe Dhinsa...he seemed like such a genuine guy!

Delboycov

That's exactly my view NLHWC...particularly the anti SISU bit!

gary_ccfcforever

a few of the trust board did meet with Haskell pre kickoff today. He advises that he is very serious and very interested. We will be releasing more details on our website in due course

Delboycov

Totally agree about being cautious and although so much is out of our control lets hope that whoever becomes our new owners...and we will get new owners eventually...will think the same about listening to the fans and making them a priority....lets face it, the present incumbents haven't given a toss about that.

quinn1971

I'm getting far too cynical in my old age but the mention of 'face' just conjures up Joe Dhinsa...he seemed like such a genuine guy!

Id forgotten about dhinsa.Didn't he rent an office for the day to do an interview.Who was the bloke at man utd.Proclaimed himself the saviour and had no money.Can't see haskell doing it just for a bit of advertising he's made his millions,no need to.

letsallsingtogether

:censored: face of sisu

nothing couldn't find two faces anywhere:pimp:

Steve.B50

Can confirm what Gary has just confirmed, some Trust members did meet with Haskell enforce the game, it was positive and we will issue a statement shortly on our web site.

Delboycov

Id forgotten about dhinsa.Didn't he rent an office for the day to do an interview.Who was the bloke at man utd.Proclaimed himself the saviour and had no money.Can't see haskell doing it just for a bit of advertising he's made his millions,no need to.

I don't think there's any comparison between Dhinsa and this guy...contrary to what has been suggested by some he doesn't need the attention. Even if he did why would he choose to get it through pretending to buy a 3rd division club, news of which probably won't even make a line in any of the national papers!

gary_ccfcforever

Like Michael says, i think it's important not to get over excited at this stage. Yes what Haskell is saying sounds positive, but so did what SISU said initially.. Its important that the new owner is the right one and that we are not back in this kind of situation in another 5 years

MichaelCCFC

Don't think there's any suggestion that current posn is anything like dhinsa, it's more about having healthy scepticism about potential owners and is certainly the reason why at somewhere like pompey fans came to the conclusion they couldn't do any worse themselves!

quinn1971

Like Michael says, i think it's important not to get over excited at this stage. Yes what Haskell is saying sounds positive, but so did what SISU said initially.. Its important that the new owner is the right one and that we are not back in this kind of situation in another 5 years
agree 100 % Gary , but didn't Hoffman and Elliot say they wanted to work quickly to get this sorted before next season.So does that mean that haskells is the only offer that has come in.

ashbyjan

Three members of the Sky Blue Trust board met Preston Haskell IV, Ted Sullivan along with Joe Elliot and Gary Hoffman before the home fixture with Brentford,

Mr Haskell gave a short outline of his plans to invest in Coventry City FC and the Ricoh Arena.
He emphasised the importance of proper involvement of supporters in the ownership and running of the club and in transparent communications.

As a result the Trust board members have 3 points to stress:

1. The Trust are desperately keen to see the whole business resolved as quickly as possible, so that the team can start next season with no further point penalties and with full confidence in our ability to win promotion to the Championship.

2. The meeting was very open, positive and constructive and Mr Haskell’s plans seemed to be sound and realistic.

3. Mr Haskell appears to have a full understanding of the vital importance of supporter involvement in the ownership and running of the club. This was very encouraging.

The Sky Blue Trust was happy to meet with Mr Haskell. The Trust remains open to further meetings with Mr Haskell and any other potential investors who also recognise the need for investment in the club and support for fans involvement in ownership and the running of the club. The Trust will continue to keep Trust members and other supporters informed of developments.

quinn1971

Three members of the Sky Blue Trust board met Preston Haskell IV, Ted Sullivan along with Joe Elliot and Gary Hoffman before the home fixture with Brentford,

Mr Haskell gave a short outline of his plans to invest in Coventry City FC and the Ricoh Arena.
He emphasised the importance of proper involvement of supporters in the ownership and running of the club and in transparent communications.

1. The Trust are desperately keen to see the whole business resolved as quickly as possible, so that the team can start next season with no further point penalties and with full confidence in our ability to win promotion to the Championship.

2. The meeting was very open, positive and constructive and Mr Haskell’s plans seemed to be sound and realistic.

3. Mr Haskell appears to have a full understanding of the vital importance of supporter involvement in the ownership and running of the club. This was very encouraging.

The Sky Blue Trust was happy to meet with Mr Haskell. The Trust remains open to further meetings with Mr Haskell and any other potential investors who also recognise the need for investment in the club and support for fans involvement in ownership and the running of the club. The Trust will continue to keep Trust members and other supporters informed of developments.

Thanks for that.To all the doubters who are knocking what the trust are trying to do.This is what would happen if they were involved fans being kept informed of what's going on.About time we had a voice again.To all the members of the trust i think its good what your trying to do.you've got my backing and should hope alot more will be following.

AFCCOVENTRY

Who is Ted Sullivan?

And what is his role?

Colonel Mustard

So what is Mr Haskell's "sound and realistic plan"?

TurkeyTrot

Dhinsa didn't have the money, it's clear this guy does and he's interested, he looked at Leeds don't forget. The Man U guy was Michael Knighton or something like that. Wasn't he supposed to pay £1 million for them at the time. Looks a good investment now!

Perryccfc

No offence, but I cringe at the image of PH4 meeting you people.

Flying Fokker

Haskell also met with council people yesterday.sbt told me at the same time as I posted on the Haskell watch thread.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

Probably the first time Haskell has met real football fans and thats no offence to Elliott or Hoffman but i think you know what i mean. If he's genuine he will have taken in the passion the ordinary fan has for his team and i hope it has registered. Quiet frankly perryccfc you thread is offensive and uncalled for, you deserve to be given a nose like a duck's foot.

quinn1971

What do you mean by " you people" take it you mean fans of the club who have the best interest of the club at heart and are actually trying to do something about the mess were in.How ironic that I've cringed at your statement.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

How can you begin a statement declaring you don't wish to cause offence, then make a clearly offensive statement?

These guys are doing the best job they can to represent the best interests of the fans. Any owner should be interested in engaging with anyone purporting to represent the customers.

If you believe you can do a better job, I'm sure the floor's all yours

Perryccfc

Jesus that caused a stir. That statement genuinely wasn't meant to be offensive. I'm allowed an opinion on the trust and it is of my opinion that I think they believe they are "elite" in comparison to the average sky blue fan. All this jibber jabber about this meeting yesterday makes me cringe. I don't think they give a shit what the average Cov fan thinks, they have meetings, discuss politics, what THEY want, then release a statement. All seems a little show business to me. I'm not knocking what they do, each to their own and all that. Just MY opinion. Cue the outrage.

Users who are viewing this thread