Ashes 2023 (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Proper shafter by the wonderful British weather overall , but atleast we didn't lose

Saddlebrains

Such a shame Old Trafford was rained off, we would have won the series overall.

A brilliant series which has absolutely flown by!

And what a way for it to end, Stuart Broad one of the all time greatest bowlers to play the game, take a bow. We have a hell of a job replacing him, and soon Jimmy

Grendel

Such a shame Old Trafford was rained off, we would have won the series overall.

A brilliant series which has absolutely flown by!

And what a way for it to end, Stuart Broad one of the all time greatest bowlers to play the game, take a bow. We have a hell of a job replacing him, and soon Jimmy

The rain delays helped England this match

Especially yesterday when the bowlers looked spent in not helpful conditions

Brighton Sky Blue

The rain delays helped England this match

Especially yesterday when the bowlers looked spent in not helpful conditions
chips pissing GIF by hanshs4c

Paul Anthony

Broad taking the last wicket had an air of inevitably around it as soon as he announced his retirement.

Well, can't say that was a boring series Frustrating at times, certainly. But never dull (except when the bloody weather stuck it's nose in, of course!)

CCFCSteve

Broad taking the last wicket had an air of inevitably around it as soon as he announced his retirement.

Well, can't say that was a boring series Frustrating at times, certainly. But never dull (except when the bloody weather stuck its nose in, of course!)

Frustrating but fun series and so proud of how we played. We were undercooked at Edgbaston as was shown by drops, Ali finger injury etc but dominated the best team in the world in patches over series. We made all the running and played in a way that will have got plenty of new fans into the test game.

ps chuffed for Woakes getting player of the series, been immense

SBAndy

As good a series of cricket as I can recall. It’s fun smashing the Aussies, not so fun watching them smash us, but a genuinely competitive Ashes is only good for the game.

Johnnythespider

Well, can't say that was a boring series Frustrating at times, certainly. But never dull (except when the bloody weather stuck it's nose in, of course!)
If only Dabo had announced his retirement before taking his penalty, great series almost inevitable that the English weather would ruin one test, slow start cost us I think

Finham

Well done England, deserved a draw in the end. I think the "besht series ever" stuff is hype and it sounds like Stokes agrees from his response to that on the BBC.

Eakin got a mention on TMS! During the rain break, they were trying to predict the England team for the Ashes in 4 years. Norcross praised Eakin a lot, called him a good judge and said he really rated someone as a prospect-Mousley maybe?

Brighton Sky Blue

Well done England, deserved a draw in the end. I think the "besht series ever" stuff is hype and it sounds like Stokes agrees from his response to that on the BBC.

Eakin got a mention on TMS! During the rain break, they were trying to predict the England team for the Ashes in 4 years. Norcross praised Eakin a lot, called him a good judge and said he really rated someone as a prospect-Mousley maybe?
Nothing for me will beat the 2005 series. Not even had we won at Old Trafford and again here would this series top that.

Finham

Nothing for me will beat the 2005 series. Not even had we won at Old Trafford and again here would this series top that.
2005 is special. '85 for me too as it was Gower at his graceful peak. 2010/11 Down Under too, that was gobsmacking. Loved 86-7 Away also-the Chris Broad series.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It was a good series, and one that on balance we probably deserved to win. Still think the decision to declare in that first test was ok, even though we lost it.

Stats throw up a few surprises.

Bairstow takes the gloves as he actually took more catches and had a much higher batting average, even though I felt he was poor behind the stumps quite often and missed a number of chances. Plus Carey's a cheating bastard.

In terms of wickets per innings, the four bowlers would be Woakes, Starc, Lyon and Tongue. Though in reality I think you'd pick Wood and Broad over the latter two who barely featured.

Batting I think pretty much picks itself:
Crawley, Khawaja, Stokes, Root, Brook, Marsh.

Terry Gibson's perm

Mousley is a top prospect reminds me a lot of Stokes, Yates is progressing again and watch out for Bethell once fully fit that boy is special

Users who are viewing this thread