Ashley Cain (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What do you guys think of him? I think he is looking really promising, he likes to run at people and put them on their back foot.

I know people are slating his crossing but he will get better at it the more he plays, I would like to see him play a fair bit this season :)

SkyblueCookie

I think with our new midfield of Bell - Gunnar - Clingan - Mcindoe, Cain will find it a task to play as many Games, but with such a stron mid, he will only learn, and a 20 minute sub every Game in the midfield we have he will develop very well with them, so i think by next season he will be a very Good prospect, much like Gunner is now. IMO

alanmahon_uk

I agree Nick, he's very promising. I don't think he'll be a starter, but that's not necessarily a bad thing at the moment.

He's still got a lot to learn, but with his raw pace, he's already got an advantage over a lot of players.

Could prove very useful, especially at the end of games. It's a loose comparison, but in a similar fashion to Walcott and the havoc he causes when defences are knackered. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

simmouk

Administrator
Cain was very impressive against Nuneaton Borough (sorry, Town!) and like Nick said he does run at people a lot and he seemed to make himself a lot of space on the pitch, which was good. At the moment I think he's got a fairly decent chance of breaking into the first team because of our limited squad numbers, but I don't think it will do him much good as a player to been thrown in the deep end just because, he needs to be in there because he's earnt it etc.

ajsccfc

He strikes me as a raw talent who could be very useful with a bit more match practice. With 7 subs available from now on he's a great option to have on the bench; remember the Charlton game at the end of last season when he breathed life into it and nearly won the game too.

simmouk

Administrator
Yeah I think he would be a useful sub to bring on to inject life into a game that was suffering a bit, if only just for his pace and the fact that he likes to run at the opposition!

Users who are viewing this thread