Atmosphere (1 Viewer)

speedie87

In the time between our first and second goals last night i thought there was a cracking atmosphere last night...........

wingy

Superb support all through the match last night,shut the blackpoolfans up well till their equlizer,the corner lead very well last night,tesco stand can do better

joemercersaces

Goes to show how much atmosphere can help. First half hour we were being beaten with ease and it seemed like it would be one of those nights when the away support had a whale of a time. Last ten minutes or so of the first half when we started to assert ourselves the crowd stirred. Second half we were well on top and the crowd were fantastic given the sparse numbers. That can only have helped turning the tide as it gee'd our players up and as the game changed, their support shut up meaning that the feeling in their team that things were going wrong must have been growing. So we scored and it got louder. We scored again and it got louder. Sadly their time wasting tactics came back to haunt us rather than them and once 6 minutes went up they knew that if they threw everything at us they had a chance. A clear foul on Murphy but there you are. Another thing re the support - how good must it be for Andy Thorn personally to hear it. Given the problems he's got it must hearten him considerably.

I agree, their time wasting ended up helping them in the end.

And it proves that when the fans get behind the lads and cheer them on, it gee's them up and they respond.

Coventry La La La

Jesus contributes allot to the atmosphere, you just know every chant he starts is going to get allot more fans involved.

Hallelujah praise the lord Jesus Christ

speedie87

for all those who sit under the score board and think you create an atmosphere and out sing away fans i'm sorry to disappoint you but i sit in block 22 and not once have you done that.

the fact all of vocal fans sit there away the action as such is a shame in my view, we need fans behind at least one of the goals to intimidate the oppo keeper and ref to give pens.

plus the sound wouldn't get as lost.

I have moved from B27 to B17 and cannot believe the difference. I have spent two games there now and heard the Jesus chant but never noticed him. Last night I noticed him and thought it was great to see the shhhhhh.... and the standing on the seat before giving out the request. That is a top idea and creates alot of the atmosphere. Love it.:p:D

Credit to the guys around for starting that off...took be back to highfield road with the noise and it certainly feels like being at a football match again which in stark comparison to B27 which is like being in a graveyard.

pusbccfc

for all those who sit under the score board and think you create an atmosphere and out sing away fans i'm sorry to disappoint you but i sit in block 22 and not once have you done that.

the fact all of vocal fans sit there away the action as such is a shame in my view, we need fans behind at least one of the goals to intimidate the oppo keeper and ref to give pens.

plus the sound wouldn't get as lost.

The fact is, we face oposite direction to you so the sound doesn't travel anywhere near you, the away fans face you and that travels, other than blackpool and maybe leicester, you can barely hear away fans from B15 but many in the telegraph say they can hear them clearly?

wingy

so based on that the players and ref also the away fans more which is my point........

I agree think it was a mistake to switch to the corner ,probably unpopular but ithink it divides us vocally ,still the telegraohs loss is the corners gain,and it was damn good last night:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

pusbccfc

I agree think it was a mistake to switch to the corner ,probably unpopular but ithink it divides us vocally ,still the telegraohs loss is the corners gain,and it was damn good last night:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Thats because i think the noisier fans like to sit by away fans because of the banter!
If you look at a lot of grounds now-a-days the noisier fans sit by their opposition fan.

pusbccfc

It would be great IMO to put the noisy fans in south stand but and maybe away fans in B12-B17 and then they can have a good 4000+ if needed and then we could have a whole end behind the goal.

wingy

KNoow you wer'nt their last night spider man it was good in there should have won how dit come over on the radio

Spagbol

I sit in block 36 , with my kids...I think Singers corner are great and the telegraph lads at the back give it a real go also.

I do miss my west terrace days but the last few games have been really good, "Singers" sound loud enough from where I am, The Blackpool fans were the best at the Ricoh for quiet a bit.

Hope we get a few more in at the Forest game...PUSB;)

Covstu

yep that will definately happen or they will beat us with Mclaren in charge which will be worse!!!

JGazebo

Can someone explain the comments about Jesus? Is this a person, or is it a chant? (presumably it's not the messiah based on our run of form)

I sit in Block 30 so it doesn't mean anything to me.

pusbccfc

Can someone explain the comments about Jesus? Is this a person, or is it a chant? (presumably it's not the messiah based on our run of form)

I sit in Block 30 so it doesn't mean anything to me.

One guy basically with long hair and long beard, everyone calls him jesus.
We start singing jesus give us a song.
The all goo shhhhh
Then he will stand on his chair and start let's all sing together(or other songs) and it works fantastically well as everyone joins in with him.

Nonleagueherewecome

You've got to love a man who chooses Jesus Christ as the role model for his "look" :D

joemercersaces

If Jesus walked among us again he'd surely follow Cov. He wouldn't have any time for the money grabbing bastards in the Premiership and given his often demonstrated compassion for the unfortunate, of all clubs supporters he would surely pity us the most. Other clubs have had their celebrity fans while we've had to settle for Richard Keys and Graham, the Corie mentalist but now we've trumped them all, although his mother says he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy !

Joking apart the Jesus thing in Block 15 is a hoot and really does get everyone going.

ps1948

Careful, if too much of an atmosphere is created, the perpetrators will get thrown out............

wingy

Careful, if too much of an atmosphere is created, the perpetrators will get thrown out............

TRUe enough really,uor most passionate fans ,who do their best to generate atmosohere in a third full stadium ,are generally treated and looked upon as low life ,under heavy scrutiny through every game .Acl seem to prefer a sterile overbearing state within the ground ,this is'nt strictly all to do with sisu,they've been doing it since movein ,ejecting fans for using the backboards to generate noise etc,i've personnally been told to shut up ,sit down for berating officials ,opposing players

Users who are viewing this thread