Ayari (1 Viewer)

vow

Has he gone back to Brighton yet? 🤔

Free up some wages.
I'm sure there is a player their but unfortunately not for us and possibly a League one/two loan in the offing?

Thoughts?

Evo1883

I Hope So GIF by Talk Stoop

vow

Unless we HAVE TO keep him for the whole season, contract-wise?

Half season contract break perhaps?

Had really high hopes for the lad with us, especially when Palmer and CoH being out near the start of season 😭

MalcSB

Staying here will do him no good. Who would he replace in our team? He is a waste of wages and needs to go elsewhere. I’m sure someone like Forest Green Rovers might be able to accommodate him rather than play Dabo in midfield.

Greggs

Bunch of hypocrites. He's played about 10 times for us. We're lucky our squad is at full strength at the moment, a few injuries and he's back up the pecking order. He's an u21 international and his current club paid 5 million quid for him, you lot are so negative....

TomRad85

Bunch of hypocrites. He's played about 10 times for us. We're lucky our squad is at full strength at the moment, a few injuries and he's back up the pecking order. He's an u21 international and his current club paid 5 million quid for him, you lot are so negative....
The funny thing is, Gyokeres got very similar comments and look how that turned out. Ultimately the Championship was maybe too soon for a teenager straight out Swedish league but it all seems a bit mean spirited.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MalcSB

I’m not a hypocrite, I have consistently not rated him. I would rather this full Swedish international was not here,

MalcSB

The funny thing is, Gyokeres got very similar comments and look how that turned out. Ultimately the Championship was maybe too soon for a teenager straight out Swedish league but it all seems a bit mean spirited.

Mean spirited? Fair comment more like. Mean spirited is some of the shit that gets metaphorically hoyed at Eccles.

Astute

Ayari must stay even if it is so some have someone to call shite.

He could still come good. Thought some on here would have learned by now. Some take longer than others. Gyokeres was with us for about a year before the doubters started taking an interest.

TomRad85

Mean spirited? Fair comment more like. Mean spirited is some of the shit that gets metaphorically hoyed at Eccles.
Not by me. Doesn't change that the comments about an actual teenager are mean spirited. If he belonged to us Robins would probably turn him into a star but we aren't in a position to spend £5 million on potential unfortunately.

MalcSB

Not by me. Doesn't change that the comments about an actual teenager are mean spirited. If he belonged to us Robins would probably turn him into a star but we aren't in a position to spend £5 million on potential unfortunately.

He’s not an actual teenager.

MalcSB

Ayari must stay even if it is so some have someone to call shite.

He could still come good. Thought some on here would have learned by now. Some take longer than others. Gyokeres was with us for about a year before the doubters started taking an interest.
Let him come good on someone else’s payroll.

Reactions: vow

skybluecam

Don’t think any of it is mean spirited, just doesn’t make sense for either side.

He’s not getting the minutes he needs to develop.

We’re not getting any performance out of him.

When there’s no chance of him staying longer than the end of the season anyway I don’t see why another half season of struggling to even get 5 or 10 minutes a week benefits anyone.

TomRad85

Don’t think any of it is mean spirited, just doesn’t make sense for either side.

He’s not getting the minutes he needs to develop.

We’re not getting any performance out of him.

When there’s no chance of him staying longer than the end of the season anyway I don’t see why another half season of struggling to even get 5 or 10 minutes a week benefits anyone.
Oh some of it is definitely mean spirited, anyone who's capable of reading can see that. I don't even disagree that this was probably the wrong loan for him but there's no need for people to be cunts about it.

MalcSB

Oh some of it is definitely mean spirited, anyone who's capable of reading can see that. I don't even disagree that this was probably the wrong loan for him but there's no need for people to be cunts about it.
Basically you are now being a c**t about people who have a different opinion to you.

TomRad85

Basically you are now being a c**t about people who have a different opinion to you.
You're touchy because you know it was aimed and your comment above all others. Just a mean spirited guy I guess.

MalcSB

You're touchy because you know it was aimed and your comment above all others. Just a mean spirited guy I guess.

I’m really not. I just don’t rate Ayari and never have throughout his time here. I have seen enough teenagers make their debuts for Coventry in the top flight not to see being young as an excuse for piss poor performance. I also don’t accept that Brighton supposedly paying £5m for him makes him worth keeping here,

TomRad85

I’m really not. I just don’t rate Ayari and never have throughout his time here. I have seen enough teenagers make their debuts for Coventry in the top flight not to see being young as an excuse for piss poor performance. I also don’t accept that Brighton supposedly paying £5m for him makes him worth keeping here,
I didn't say he was worth keeping here I said there was no need for mean spirited comments. Like the one pictured... Screenshot_20240103_170039.jpg

vow

Haven't been on here as a regular recently, so ain't seen the 'mean spiritedness' or 'people being cunts' about Ayari tbh .... unless you believe I'm being a c**t posting a thread about him?

I think @skybluecam makes an excellent point further up as it makes no sense keeping the player here if it's purely a small cameo 10 minute role.
Get another one in on loan or give one of our own a chance as I feel it's not worked out for either player or team.

TomRad85

Haven't been on here as a regular recently, so ain't seen the 'mean spiritedness' or 'people being cunts' about Ayari tbh .... unless you believe I'm being a c**t posting a thread about him?

I think @skybluecam makes an excellent point further up as it makes no sense keeping the player here if it's purely a small cameo 10 minute role.
Get another one in on loan or give one of our own a chance as I feel it's not worked out for either player or team.
Sigh... I didn't say your post was mean spirited, but many are. Don't be touchy, it wasn't about you.

• Haha
Reactions: vow

Alkhen

He isn't gonna be costing us much surely? I dunno what the big rush to bin him off is, yeah he hasn't set the world alight but seems part of the group in the behind the scenes youtube videos. He may make a breakthrough if given a few run outs and we aren't exactly desperate to free up a loan slot. leave him be if everyone is happy

Last edited:

vow

Sigh... I didn't say your post was mean spirited, but many are. Don't be touchy, it wasn't about you.

Sigh.... you ok Hun? 😘

Users who are viewing this thread