Back to being the biggest club in Coventry? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You should have joined Grendull at the protest at the Council House when they were voting on the Wasps takeover of ACL.

No wait, that was you getting from behind your keyboard and actually doing something in person to oppose something, not Grendull. Shouldn't have wasted your time and energy. Grendull and Co only seem to respect keyboard warriors, probably because that's exactly what they are. Maybe they keep forgetting what you and BHSB's did in person because it embarrasses them that you actually put the effort in to do something that they couldn't be arsed to do themselves.

So you are saying that anyone who didn't attend that protest is a keyboard warrior?

Did you attend Tony?

letsallsingtogether

So you are saying that anyone who didn't attend that protest is a keyboard warrior?

Did you attend Tony?

No he didn't but he did attend all the other one's that's more then you and all your cronies put together.
And entering sixfields doesn't count.

Yes so we took off time from work, I know not everyone can do this but honestly that turn out was an embarrassment.
Shows that most don't actually give a toss about the wasps.
Others moaned that the time was changed, well that was due to the council moving the meeting forward.
But if you really feel strongly about something then you make sure that you keep up with the opposition, and do what you have to do to get your message across.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Only your posting history doesn't reflect that. If you were a neutral you'd be posting vile about both owners in equal parts, which you clearly don't. As a CCFC fan you'd be posting a higher percentage of vile about CCFC's owners than about Wasps owners, as we've already established you don't.

You're firmly in the "I know SISU carry some of the blame but..." club. In other words you'll blame anyone and everyone in great detail for the predicament that the clubs currently in but skip over SISU's part in this shitty mess by using the aforementioned statement so you can very lamely claim that you have posted many times that SISU are also to blame.
People don't came on here posting about how wonderful SISU are and how great they are though, whereas they do with Wasps.

If people came on here going on about how great SISU were and how they are wonderful they are I'd be willing to bet SickBoy and others who you have labelled as SISU apologists (or whatever you want to call them, I know you didn't use that word in the post) would be among the first to shoot them down and tell them they were talking nonsense, I know I would be.

Nick

Administrator
No he didn't but he did attend all the other one's that's more then you and all your cronies put together.
And entering sixfields doesn't count.

Yes so we took off time from work, I know not everyone can do this but honestly that turn out was an embarrassment.
Shows that most don't actually give a toss about the wasps.
Others moaned that the time was changed, well that was due to the council moving the meeting forward.
But if you really feel strongly about something then you make sure that you keep up with the opposition, and do what you have to do to get your message across.

Here we go, the time changed in the morning. It was originally going to be before the game which I would have been.able to go to.

Which other ones are you talking about?

Macca

As far as I'm concerned I would rather someone made use of the place particularly when we have moved to our new stadium or they may as well knock it down and build a pound megastore! Would keep the yokels happy I imagine

skybluetony176

Did you attend Tony?

No I'm saying you're a keyboard warrior of the worst kind. Because you and your cronies are constantly trying to make out that LAST and BHSB especially are some sort of Wasps loving council apologists because they are willing to stand and be counted when it comes to our owners, they attended the Hill to protest, they did the marches etc. to protest against the situation our owners put us in but key to my point is that they also stood up and protested about CCC selling ACL to Wasps. No I wasn't there, I accept that the timing of the meeting made it difficult for most to get there but then I'm not always making moronic comments about the one's who could and did get there like "your mate Nick Eastwood", "AL would be proud" etc. So no, I couldn't get there and no that doesn't make me a keyboard warrior because A) I'm man enough to acknowledge and be grateful to those that did make it regardless of if I generally agree with them or not and B) I stood up and got counted when it came to protesting against our owners. Not as much as some but I attended the hill a few times, went to the legends match etc. Couldn't attend the marches as I was abroad on holiday on both occasion's but would have if I wasn't.

What have you done again? Other than from behind your keyboard?

Last edited:

Steve.B50

Do not come on here very often anymore, mainly due to a few idiots. However like a lot of people I do read the threads.
I am well known for not being a fan of our owners and like the vast majority of fans find it hard to forgive them for a lot things they have done, but we need to put the past behind us and try and move on as SISU are not going anywhere.
The Wasps/ Ricoh situation is not going to change its happend its a fact and a Rugby team has bought our stadium.

My view is we should firstly get behind TM and the team, secondly encourage SISU to talk to Wasps and build a relationship with them. I have said before and I genuinly believe we can survive and prosper without owning our own stadium.
Another option is for SISU to try and buy into the Ricoh, get a small percentage then they get some revenue and can work on the long term. Making an enemy of everyone will not solve our other issues.
SISU may well win the appeal and years down the road get a payoff, but if they go for the £60m that's around £200 from every man woman and child in Coventry.

Lets work together, we might have differernt views but want the same end result and while things are good on the pitch we should be talking and asking questions if not just our owners but of Wasps in a positive manner.

Nick

Administrator
Do not come on here very often anymore, mainly due to a few idiots. However like a lot of people I do read the threads.
I am well known for not being a fan of our owners and like the vast majority of fans find it hard to forgive them for a lot things they have done, but we need to put the past behind us and try and move on as SISU are not going anywhere.
The Wasps/ Ricoh situation is not going to change its happend its a fact and a Rugby team has bought our stadium.

My view is we should firstly get behind TM and the team, secondly encourage SISU to talk to Wasps and build a relationship with them. I have said before and I genuinly believe we can survive and prosper without owning our own stadium.
Another option is for SISU to try and buy into the Ricoh, get a small percentage then they get some revenue and can work on the long term. Making an enemy of everyone will not solve our other issues.
SISU may well win the appeal and years down the road get a payoff, but if they go for the £60m that's around £200 from every man woman and child in Coventry.

Lets work together, we might have differernt views but want the same end result and while things are good on the pitch we should be talking and asking questions if not just our owners but of Wasps in a positive manner.
Would wasps sell any of it though Steve do you think? Didn't they say wouldn't want to sell any, or if they would it would be silly money I bet?

If sisu did win then surely people should be looking at the council rather than saying it's sisu taking 200 off people?

Steve.B50

Would wasps sell any of it though Steve do you think? Didn't they say wouldn't want to sell any, or if they would it would be silly money I bet?

If sisu did win then surely people should be looking at the council rather than saying it's sisu taking 200 off people?

Probably not, would you sell part of a stadium to someone who does everything in court, however by SISU making such an offer it would show long term commitment and also if nothing else open up some sort of negotiations?
Also if as expected Wasps say no, then the club know where they stand.
As for the Council, makes no difference if/ when SISU win it will be the people of Coventry who will foot the bill.

Whats our other options?

stupot07

The only way wasps will sell is if they "fail" and the struggle to pay back the £42m bonds & interest in 6 1/2 years time.

This is just is just bizarre, anyone can have a go at sisu whenever they want (and rightly so), yes that sparks debates but no one ever tells them they "need to move on", "stop having a go at sisu" (and rightly so).

But every mention of wasps the "usual suspects" come out in force to tell us to "move on", "what's done is done", etc, etc.

I'm not ready to let go, it's not even been a year and yes I blame sisu, I blame Richardson, I blame Robinson, I blame ccc, I blame ACl, I blame Higgs and I blame wasps. And I will take delight in every poor crowd (yes they will have good crowds too), every defeat, and anything else that puts egg on wasps faces. And me and fellow posters doing that has absolutely no bearing on ccfc's relationship with wasps as landlords. So people telling me I need to move on will have zero influence on whether sisu/ccfc decide to stay at the Ricoh as tenants long term or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Probably not, would you sell part of a stadium to someone who does everything in court, however by SISU making such an offer it would show long term commitment and also if nothing else open up some sort of negotiations?
Also if as expected Wasps say no, then the club know where they stand.
As for the Council, makes no difference if/ when SISU win it will be the people of Coventry who will foot the bill.

Whats our other options?

If wasps wanted to share the stadium and wanted a long term commitment they could have endorsed our bid for the Higgs 50%.

The fact is Steve wasps have £42m borrowed against the stadium, they need the stadium to borrow against it again when they fail to be able to pay it back in 6 1/2 years time.

I don't know what our options are:

Agree a long term deal which will keep our revenue as one of the smallest in the championship and therefore limit us to a championship-league one yoyo club, in a stadium which will continue to be rebranded for wasps

Or

Build a crap stadium outside the stadium that no one will go to that limits us to league one-championship yoyo club at best.

Rock and hard place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

And I will take delight in every poor crowd (yes they will have good crowds too), every defeat, and anything else that puts egg on wasps faces.

It would also be good if Wasps failed, too, to disourage franchising as a valid form of progression.

It's still too soon for MK to be a success for that reason too. Should both those clubs fail, it discourages profit rather than community-oriented owners from picking up clubs and dropping them elsewhere as it's shown not to work. This is bigger than CCFC, CCC and everyone else involved in the locality. This could have a massive consequence for sport and community around the country.

As for coming court cases... should SISU win then yes, it would be the council to blame, and the council should take the flack. I remain confident however, that process (if not long term intelligence) has been followed, so that will not be the result.

Steve.B50

Stupot. I am not saying they want to share the stadium what I am trying to say is that by making the offer to buy a small percentage shows commitment, it also get there foot in the door for the future to negotiate in the long term.

eventially SISU will leave and by having a long term deal of some form will make us easier to sell ( also if we were in the Championship ) .

NorthernWisdom

I don't know what our options are

Encourage club and council to work together on identifying site(s), and making the process easier;

Encourage partnerships (or at least the openness to partnerships) between club and other local institutions beyond CCC (eg University of Warwick, CRFC);

Encourage a 10 year deal between CCFC and Wasps (with suitable break clauses on both sides) to enable these acorns to grow into oaks.

These also encourage new owners, as they give new owners options...

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Stupot. I am not saying they want to share the stadium what I am trying to say is that by making the offer to buy a small percentage shows commitment, it also get there foot in the door for the future to negotiate in the long term.

eventially SISU will leave and by having a long term deal of some form will make us easier to sell ( also if we were in the Championship ) .
how much would the club need to own to get any benefit? They would essentially just be buying bond debt wouldn't they? Would the club get any returns or would it just be done as a gesture rather than to benefit the club?

Sick Boy

Is this the same leader of the Trust who attends Wasps matches and has welcomed the franchise into Coventry? Yet another hypocrite who claims to have been betrayed by the club going to Sixfields, yet doesn't give a toss about the fans of a 'top class rugby club'.

Sick Boy

One also has to presume that those who have and still watch the franchise would also have done so had they been residents of Milton Keynes.

It is no different to the situation with Wasps, I wonder what the wider footballing community would make of of the Sky Blue Trust's leaders doing this? Wouldn't it make all those Sixfields protests a bit of a joke.

italiahorse

It would also be good if Wasps failed, too, to disourage franchising as a valid form of progression.

It's still too soon for MK to be a success for that reason too. Should both those clubs fail, it discourages profit rather than community-oriented owners from picking up clubs and dropping them elsewhere as it's shown not to work. This is bigger than CCFC, CCC and everyone else involved in the locality. This could have a massive consequence for sport and community around the country.

As for coming court cases... should SISU win then yes, it would be the council to blame, and the council should take the flack. I remain confident however, that process (if not long term intelligence) has been followed, so that will not be the result.

Why do people want Wasps to fail ?
Surely you would need to understand Sisu's position on things before wanting this to happen?
If Wasps fail will it may still be the case that Sisu can't afford the stadium and need to continue the process against ACL until it goes into administration?

I personally think the only way out of this is for Sisu and Wasps to work together to get CCFC back into the PL. It will have mutual benefits.
Wasps are not stupid in understanding that they would be better off with CCFC in the PL and as such should understand that CCFC would generate extra incomes for them and that a good proportion would need to be channeled back into CCFC to get them there in the first place.
The art is to get the mix right so that it becomes a win win for both clubs.
I can't see them buying into this whilst Sisu are talking of building a new stadium and going through the courts. Maybe, just maybe, a 10,000 crowd yesterday has lowered their expectations and this is an option they may now want to pursue.
We will need to wait until this process is finished and tread water until it does. Perhaps Championship level is actually a stretch too far for the club in the mean time.

As I have said before, our efforts need to be channeled into getting 'real' information out of Sisu to see what there actual plans are.
People seem more interested in bringing Wasps down to our level than bringing our club up to their level.

italiahorse

Is this the same leader of the Trust who attends Wasps matches and has welcomed the franchise into Coventry? Yet another hypocrite who claims to have been betrayed by the club going to Sixfields, yet doesn't give a toss about the fans of a 'top class rugby club'.

Have you evidence that the fans of a top class rugby club are actually bothered ?
The main stand season ticket areas yesterday seemed pretty full to me.

NorthernWisdom

To be fair to Steve, after the initial heat had died down, he did make sure his personal views v the Trust views were separated, so that people going to Sixfields weren't separated.

So it seems only fair for me to say if he does go to Wasps games that although I disagree with that, I accept his right to do so.

J

Jack Griffin

The problem with the whole SISU/WASPS/CCC situation is that they are all fighting each other instead of creating a success story in and of Coventry.

I'm fed up with all these power games.

NorthernWisdom

So you want Wasps to fail but encourage a 10 year deal?

Helloooo ??

Nice and adult there.

Anyway, frankly I'd rather we didn't at all, I'd rather we bogged off to the Butts but pragmatism means that's not viable, and it'd take that long for us to build a stadium.

Therefore, a deal at cost where no side benefits a) doesn't progress us but doesn't tie us in long-term to something that cripples us and b) doesn't allow Wasps to exploit a commercial stream at our cost.

Now's the time to make that deal, while the rhetoric and goodwill would mean Wasps would have to make that deal too. Allow themselves to embed too firmly, and that opportunity goes out the window.

Sick Boy

To be fair to Steve, after the initial heat had died down, he did make sure his personal views v the Trust views were separated, so that people going to Sixfields weren't separated.

So it seems only fair for me to say if he does go to Wasps games that although I disagree with that, I accept his right to do so.

Then I assume that he campaigned to ensure that those who attended Sixfields weren't subjected to abuse. How is deciding to enter Sixfields any different than going to watch a franchise at the Rico?

For me there is nothing different about the Wasps move and MK Dons.

Luckily the likes of Italia are in the minority.

italiahorse

Then I assume that he campaigned to ensure that those who attended Sixfields weren't subjected to abuse. How is deciding to enter Sixfields any different than going to watch a franchise at the Rico?

For me there is nothing different about the Wasps move and MK Dons.

Luckily the likes of Italia are in the minority.

Who abused those going to Sixfields ? I guess your generalising based on a couple of incidents !!
Why the sudden franchise fight ? You need to explain your real problem with Wasps taking over the stadium !!
How do you know I'm in the minority, have you been to a Wasps match to verify how many CCFC fans go ?
You appear to be in the minority regards being bothered about this franchise.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Who abused those going to Sixfields ? I guess your generalising based on a couple of incidents !!
Why the sudden franchise fight ? You need to explain your real problem with Wasps taking over the stadium !!
How do you know I'm in the minority, have you been to a Wasps match to verify how many CCFC fans go ?
You appear to be in the minority regards being bothered about this franchise.
I thought #fixfoot ball was to do with being against franchising? Hence our fans were sniffing the arses of Wimbledon fans? Then giving mk dons as much money as possible

italiahorse

I thought #fixfoot ball was to do with being against franchising? Hence our fans were sniffing the arses of Wimbledon fans? Then giving mk dons as much money as possible

The football fans against this are far outweighed by the CCC ratepayers who only see the high profile sport in the city.

stupot07

The football fans against this are far outweighed by the CCC ratepayers who only see the high profile sport in the city.

Have you asked them all?

And what will the CCC rate payers think if Ccfc end up moving out of the Ricoh and just outside the city?

Last edited:

Sick Boy

The whole football community is generally against franchising of clubs, hence why we received support from the community after playing at Sixfields. It's embarrassing we have the likes of italia now defending a franchise in Coventry and even going to watch them play and claiming fans of ccfc need to move on.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why do people want Wasps to fail ?
Surely you would need to understand Sisu's position on things before wanting this to happen?
If Wasps fail will it may still be the case that Sisu can't afford the stadium and need to continue the process against ACL until it goes into administration?

I personally think the only way out of this is for Sisu and Wasps to work together to get CCFC back into the PL. It will have mutual benefits.
Wasps are not stupid in understanding that they would be better off with CCFC in the PL and as such should understand that CCFC would generate extra incomes for them and that a good proportion would need to be channeled back into CCFC to get them there in the first place.
The art is to get the mix right so that it becomes a win win for both clubs.
I can't see them buying into this whilst Sisu are talking of building a new stadium and going through the courts. Maybe, just maybe, a 10,000 crowd yesterday has lowered their expectations and this is an option they may now want to pursue.
We will need to wait until this process is finished and tread water until it does. Perhaps Championship level is actually a stretch too far for the club in the mean time.

As I have said before, our efforts need to be channeled into getting 'real' information out of Sisu to see what there actual plans are.
People seem more interested in bringing Wasps down to our level than bringing our club up to their level.

The fact is Italia that as long as Wasps are running the show the club is not on a level playing field with most of our fellow league clubs who keep every penny that they generate on a matchday. Wasps will only want to keep us at the Ricoh if there is a financial incentive for them otherwise there is no point. The pitch deteriorates faster, they have to pay out more in staffing the place on a matchday and so on. So with this being the case the club is operating with one arm behind its back and does not have a cat in hell's chance of competing at Championship level if it were to ever get back.

The big problem we face is that, as others have pointed out, the alternative is to build a ground elsewhere, probably outside of the city, which is going to cost enormous sums and take a huge amount of time. It is not in Wasps' interests for us to become so successful that we don't need them and become the main sporting attraction.

letsallsingtogether

Have you asked them all?

And what will the CCC rate payers think if Ccfc end up moving out of the Ricoh and just outside the city?

IMO most wouldn't give a damn.
That is why we get low attendances.
And why only about 6 turned up when we protested against Wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread