Back to Saturdays and Tuesdays. (1 Viewer)

skybluericoh

I don't know, it depends when it is announced we are never coming back ;)

When they said 'we will not go back to the ricoh, we have moved on' or words to that effect, were they not confirming it then? Or do you not believe a word that our truthful, law upstanding owners say?

When they said 'we will not go back to the ricoh, we have moved on' or words to that effect, were they not confirming it then? Or do you not believe a word that our truthful, law upstanding owners say?
No because they were on about they are going to build a stadium not we are not returning to the ricoh so we are not returning !!! #PUSB !!! Not that I 100 % think they will build one that's what they meant !!!

skybluericoh

Strange how some clubs have survived at all having had time away isn't it?

There are differences, Wimbledon- forced from Cold Blow lane due to the ground not being unto stratch, tried a ground share will palace which was not to far away but failed so the owners took them to another town to rebuild as MK Dons= 'Milton Keynes Dons. Others that have left there ground and moved away have on the whole been forced out due to safety/ poor ground conditions etc and have had an open, transparent plan to get back to a new ground in their home towns. SISU have not even been able to announce where their land is.

Those that can take the crap off SISU and still support the team, fair play to them. I'm now at the point where I see SISU as a cancer, where the only cure will be to either kill off it's blood supply, money, and hope that there is a club to rebuild after they have gone or the death of the club will be the only way we get rid. I fear it will be the later.

skybluetony176

No because they were on about they are going to build a stadium not we are not returning to the ricoh so we are not returning !!! #PUSB !!! Not that I 100 % think they will build one that's what they meant !!!

How far away is that stadium going to be now. IIRC Tims last thought was 9 miles maybe one or two more if the right sight becomes available. By my reckoning that puts us somewhere near the NEC.

Does anyone remember if Simon Gilbert put an FOI request into Birmingham City council? Maybe this is the other local authority sisu have been taking to?

CJ_covblaze

How far away is that stadium going to be now. IIRC Tims last thought was 9 miles maybe one or two more if the right sight becomes available. By my reckoning that puts us somewhere near the NEC.

Does anyone remember if Simon Gilbert put an FOI request into Birmingham City council? Maybe this is the other local authority sisu have been taking to?

I think that area falls under Solihull. Both us and Simon/CT asked and got a no.

Nick

Administrator

I see things and judge things when they happen.

Rather than go on and on about how all they do is lie and then when they say something which I can use to suit my argument use it as gospel but everything else they have ever said is a lie.

Somewhere near Solihull or NEC would probably be too far for me but somewhere like Bedworth would be ok and also I thought it was bedworth and nuneaton who had been contacted ?? !!! #PUSB !!!

Last edited:

Neutral Fan

People haven't abandoned the club, the club abandoned them by moving to Northampton.

That's true.

So I don't understand why 7,000 went to watch Franchise FC who had done the same thing...even worse...to Wimbledon.

Ironically, if Cardoza hadn't done the deal, Winkie would have had Cov playing down at Franchise in his stadium...

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I'm not going to try and say your less of a fan than me because you are obviously not but I just want to know why you went to a game just to shout sisuout,I think all city supporters main reason for going should be going to support the boys,I'm not saying don't go,I'm saying don't go just to sing SISU OUT go for your love of the team and then sing SISU OUT because that's what is football is about enjoying watching our team on a sunny Saturday afternoon,or in our case a frustrating afternoon,not to shout and scream at bad owners which undoubtedly they are,support the lads and !!! #PUSB !!!

I was supporting the City of Coventry. That is who and what I support ie Coventry's football team. The way to do that is not to accept whatever business agenda is being played out.

Don't have much that much alligence to the players as they come and go, always have and always will. What I do care about is the City of Coventry and its fans. That is the essence of Coventry City footbal club. I don't live in Coventry anymore but still care for it.

Been a long day for me but hope I've explained do you understand why 20 000 plus regulars or occasional supporters don't go anymore. There are people who have hardly missed a game in 40 years don't go now. Do you think they enjoy not going? It's very painful and totally ridiculous.

Neutral Fan

There are differences, Wimbledon- forced from Cold Blow lane due to the ground not being unto stratch, tried a ground share will palace which was not to far away but failed so the owners took them to another town to rebuild as MK Dons= 'Milton Keynes Dons. Others that have left there ground and moved away have on the whole been forced out due to safety/ poor ground conditions etc and have had an open, transparent plan to get back to a new ground in their home towns. SISU have not even been able to announce where their land is.

Those that can take the crap off SISU and still support the team, fair play to them. I'm now at the point where I see SISU as a cancer, where the only cure will be to either kill off it's blood supply, money, and hope that there is a club to rebuild after they have gone or the death of the club will be the only way we get rid. I fear it will be the later.

Where to start with that nonsense?

Think it's enough to say they played at Plough Lane. It was Millwall at Cold Blow Lane.

Winkie franchised WFC to get council agreement to have Asda build him a stadium for free. It was all a property deal.

Now could that happen again in another town......

I was supporting the City of Coventry. That is who and what I support ie Coventry's football team. The way to do that is not to accept whatever business agenda is being played out.

Don't have much that much alligence to the players as they come and go, always have and always will. What I do care about is the City of Coventry and its fans. That is the essence of Coventry City footbal club. I don't live in Coventry anymore but still care for it.

Been a long day for me but hope I've explained do you understand why 20 000 plus regulars or occasional supporters don't go anymore. There are people who have hardly missed a game in 40 years don't go now. Do you think they enjoy not going? It's very painful and totally ridiculous.
I agree with everything you just said but in your last post you said you only went to the port vale game to shout sisuout which shouldn't be your motivation to go,watching the 11 who wear the shirt should then you can if you want shout whatever you please I'm just saying you shouldn't go to a game just to shout against bad owners you should go for the love of the team,I think sisu are bad owners but I don't go to games to protest I go to enjoy the thrill of watching my team play !!! #PUSB !!!

letsallsingtogether

:sleep::sleep:
I will be going with my lad, so that's good news to be playing on a Saturday again. I'll be watching Coventry City wherever they play next season, home and away.

(Waits in trench for counter attack from usual suspects)

Astute

Many people work shifts these days. I work every day of the week twice every 2 1/2 months not counting O/T or when I am called in. It don't matter to me if we play on a Saturday or a Sunday. I am certainly not alone here. It isn't the price of tickets that stop me from going to Northampton. I could get a ST these days for what it costs me to go to a single game. It isn't the crap ground we play our 'home' games in that keeps me away. I have always loved going to smaller grounds and usually had a good time. It isn't the shite atmosphere keeping me away. I don't know how to keep quiet at a game. It isn't us being close to the bottom or half way in the table. I am used to that. Relegation threatened? It is more or less what I expect each season. Not many of us know any differently.

I will be back for the 'home' games when my club is home. Don't care if we are shite, playing on an unusual day to normal, relegation threatened, crap manager and squad, ticket prices trebled from the silly low prices they are charging now to try and get us to go to Northampton or any other reason. My local non league club charges a fair bit more than Coventry City for it's tickets. It doesn't matter what they do to entice me to go.

It is about time the last few hundred were left alone in their choice of going though. It is their choice on going and nobody else. Just the same as nobody should have a go at anyone for not going.

bigfatronssba

That's true.

So I don't understand why 7,000 went to watch Franchise FC who had done the same thing...even worse...to Wimbledon.

Ironically, if Cardoza hadn't done the deal, Winkie would have had Cov playing down at Franchise in his stadium...

You mean both winkie and Cardoza both have no morals or respect for the game?

bigfatronssba

I see things and judge things when they happen.

Rather than go on and on about how all they do is lie and then when they say something which I can use to suit my argument use it as gospel but everything else they have ever said is a lie.

Nick mate, if someone tells lies it is acceptable to assume that they will proceed with the worst case scenario.

What your saying is if they lie, and for instance say "we will liquidate the club next Tuesday" then we should give them the benefit of the doubt and just ignore it. It's almost like you see it as the actions of some lovable rogue.

We must remember that these people are scum. Nothing else.

The life lesson you seem to be promoting is the more you lie the less you will be scrutinised.

Neutral Fan

You mean both winkie and Cardoza both have no morals or respect for the game?

Well yes I guess. Winkie represents everything that's gone wrong with football in this country. I live in Northampton (though I support another) and Cardoza has generally done his best for the club.

He took the 40 pieces of silver from SISU and that was wrong. But even if he hadn't
I'm certain Winkie would have.

skybluetony176

Well yes I guess. Winkie represents everything that's gone wrong with football in this country. I live in Northampton (though I support another) and Cardoza has generally done his best for the club.

He took the 40 pieces of silver from SISU and that was wrong. But even if he hadn't
I'm certain Winkie would have.

I heard somewhere that it's Cardoza's building company that are rebuilding the stand at suxfields with the state aid the club aquired through NBC. You being a local do you know if that's right?

Sick Boy

After 47 years as a season ticket holder, and never missing a home game in all that time, do you think I took the decision lightly not to go to Northampton?

You clearly have no idea what being a supporter is all about. I just hope that when you have been a supporter for that many years, there is still a club to support. Somehow I doubt it.

My post certainly wasn't aimed that at those who don't go.to Northampton!

It was aimed at the poster who said that even if we returned to the Ricoh he and his friends wouldn't bother.

No idea why you thought it was an attack on you.

Sick Boy

That's true.

Clearly you haven't noticed the double-standards amongst our fans. We are like a lower league version of the scousers and geordies mixed into one.

skybluetony176

Clearly you haven't noticed the double-standards amongst our fans. We are like a lower league version of the scousers and geordies mixed into one.

If AFC Wimbledon fans don't have a problem with going why should the fans of any other club.

Besides all the sisu apologists on here keep telling us that boycotts don't work. If they believe that to be true of our situation then they should understand that there is even less chance of a reversal of the Wimbledon situation.

skybluetony176

Try to remember that the rabble on here thought it was a good idea to intimidate Tim Fisher's children at their school gates.

Grendull, Torch and Bitter Lemon thought that was OK, disgusting. I'm glad I'm not on board with their point of view.

skyblueinBaku

Try to remember that the rabble on here thought it was a good idea to intimidate Tim Fisher's children at their school gates.

What rabble? As I recall, that idea was roundly condemned.

Nick

Administrator
Nick mate, if someone tells lies it is acceptable to assume that they will proceed with the worst case scenario.

What your saying is if they lie, and for instance say "we will liquidate the club next Tuesday" then we should give them the benefit of the doubt and just ignore it. It's almost like you see it as the actions of some lovable rogue.

We must remember that these people are scum. Nothing else.

The life lesson you seem to be promoting is the more you lie the less you will be scrutinised.

No, I am saying if somebody is constantly full of shit I don't suddenly believe certain things they say if they suit my agenda yet not believe others.

I said nothing about benefit of the doubt, more believe when seen. It isn't hard to grasp what I was saying, yet you seem to have completely misread the point.

Grendel

Grendull, Torch and Bitter Lemon thought that was OK, disgusting. I'm glad I'm not on board with their point of view.

Who thought what was ok? What are you talking about?

Astute

There certainly are double standards from posters on here. And you agree on most things from a few of them.

Users who are viewing this thread