Bailey back till end of season (1 Viewer)

Nathccfc

JAMES Bailey looks likely to rejoin Coventry City on loan in the new year – possibly with a view to a permanent move at the end of the season.

The midfielder is back with Derby County following the end of his three-month loan spell with the Sky Blues but remains out of the first-team picture.

Coventry are keen to take the 24-year-old back once the January transfer window opens and are in talks with Derby about the possibility.

"Coventry want to do something for the rest of the season and the clubs are in negotiations," said Rams boss Nigel Clough, who will not include Bailey in his squad to face Charlton Athletic this weekend.

"It could be a loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer. We will see.

"I think he's enjoyed it and I think he's done well. We don't mind him staying there at all.

"There's no point him sitting on our bench and with the central midfielders we've got, it would be difficult for him to get back in.

"James has had two and a half years with us now and hasn't really kicked on as much as we'd hoped, while others have come through and gone ahead of him.

"We still think he's got the potential to play in the Championship but Coventry are still a big club and they've got every chance of getting back up this season."

Derby striker Callum Ball is still at Coventry as he receives treatment for an ankle injury.

Ball is on a season-long loan with the League One club.

http://m.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story.html?aid=17699877
Good news

Sub

good news and its not a thursday !!!!!:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

D

Deleted member 4232

Sounds very good. Want him back beside Jennings, they have an understanding.

Otis

It's not great news at all. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It's fantastic news!!!! Best player we've got ... after DMC. DMC goes and I think Bailey is likely to be our player of the year!

wingy

It's fantastic news!!!! Best player we've got ... after DMC. DMC goes and I think Bailey is likely to be our player of the year!

Robins says Jump ,everbody Jumps,Get him round that ACL table.:p

torchomatic

At last some positive news. Glad we've got/getting him. Permanent would be nice.

torchomatic

Clough is talking about it though, so chances are it will happen.

covcity4life

great news if this indeed happens

2 DMC really makes us solid and allows our attacking players to do their job knowing they have backup behind them

Nick

Administrator
It would be a good boost if it happened, would mean IF DMC went and Clarke stepped up it might take a bit out of the damage that would be caused.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Oh, and this is great news! Cloughy has never really given the lad a chance and for him to say hes enjoyed his time here, and acknowledge that players are wasted sat bench warming (good to see a manager do this) can only look god in our favour!

Lets hope his agent doesn't feck things up!

And he thinks we're a big club ;) im beginning to like Clough

Mucca Mad Boys

Not a doubt in my mind he'll stay, same with Moussa and Adams... Hopefully McG stays, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

After mcgoldrick I would say baker will be player of the season

Users who are viewing this thread