Bakayoko at Walsall (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

Having read MR's comments a couple of times now I don't think he is apportioning any direct blame on Baka is he? I read it as indirect blame. Robins saying he wanted to change the middle but because Baka was out of position on the right he was forced to sort the left out and that's when they scored the goal. i.e. if Baka had been more disciplined and playing where he should he wouldn't have had to be tightening up the left and could have made the changes he wanted in the middle and somehow prevented the goal.

Nick

Administrator
Having read MR's comments a couple of times now I don't think he is apportioning any direct blame on Baka is he? I read it as indirect blame. Robins saying he wanted to change the middle but because Baka was out of position on the right he was forced to sort the left out and that's when they scored the goal. i.e. if Baka had been more disciplined and playing where he should he wouldn't have had to be tightening up the left and could have made the changes he wanted in the middle and somehow prevented the goal.

Yeah I meant it was more indirectly blaming him rather than saying "it is all his fault"

I still can't see how tightening the middle would have stopped the goal.

Can only really see a few things.

1. Thomas did sprint to close the keeper down, don't think he could have run any faster
2. Davies could have done better in the challenge
3. Brown was stood about, could have seen Burge running out like a lunatic and run to the goal
4. Burge...

It also came from us clearing a corner, so assume that had something to do with positioning.

higgs

Even if baka was on the edge of the box if burge comes out of his box and calls my ball and misses the ball is still going to roll into an empty net or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

larry_david

Yeah, but had we taken our chances it wouldn’t have mattered if Burge made the mistake. We also conceded a penalty to lose the game. Pinning it on ‘no one else,’ just Burge is just plain stupid.

The game should’ve been finished long before that mistake. Even so, the Walsall result was just one game, and the biggest issue we have right now is taking our chances. As good as Thomas is, he’s missed guilt edged chances in 2 or the last 3 games, P’boro and Walsall, did he miss a good chance at Fleetwood too?

He’s not the only one, and he has been fantastic for us, but his end product needs to improve if he’s to make it in the leagues above.
Yer but I'm talking about that goal, that moment, that 15 seconds of play. That was all burge. He was stays and Davies clears it or leahy heads it on to burge who dives down, holding on to celebratory cheers.

Don't care about missed chances, pens or anything else. That equalising goal happened and it wasn't because baka was stood in the wrong position.

BTW huge burge fan and the fact he's currently leaving for free end of season greatly concerns me. And yes we should have been 2 goals at least ahead, no denying that and I'm still fuming

steve82

Yeah I meant it was more indirectly blaming him rather than saying "it is all his fault"

I still can't see how tightening the middle would have stopped the goal.

Can only really see a few things.

1. Thomas did sprint to close the keeper down, don't think he could have run any faster
2. Davies could have done better in the challenge
3. Brown was stood about, could have seen Burge running out like a lunatic and run to the goal
4. Burge...

It also came from us clearing a corner, so assume that had something to do with positioning.

I think a brief/clarification on positioning in a defensive shape is needed a Ryton when watching this back. If your splitting hairs on your left wide man who you want to hold position on the left don’t have him positioned at the near post for a right hand corner, JCH could of been in his slot potentially.

To continue splitting hairs on other ways to cover the mistake

5. Jordan Willis see’s Burge coming off his line, could he of moved to cover any deflections in anticipation?

Think Burge unfortunately has to take the accountability for this error in judgement.
I just hope we dint see a shaky Burge on Saturday as a result

*edit

I keep watching the second goal back and Bakayoko ends up that side of the box from tracking his man, all correct in that phase. You then can clearly see Shipley point to where Bakayoko goes to cover and ends up. Then MR comes into shot very animated towards Shipley, Kelly or JCH who are out of shot but in the area he’s shouting to.

Interpretation is it’s to do with positioning possibly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

higgs

He's made a few good saves this season but that way a bad error hopefully he bounces back next game. We need to start taking our chances up front aswell these are professional footballers they should be clinical in front of goal

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread