Bakayoko (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Skybluefaz

why don’t we do better than this I’ll give £1,000 to a charity if he gets 30 goals by end of may if you think he’s that good?

deal?
Thing is, I don't think he's that good. I just think the criticism is over the top. Don't think he'll be non league next season though.

DannyThomas_1981

My heart tells me Baka is utter shite but thankfully my heads telling me he’s even worse than shite....

CCFC54321....as I've previously said anyone can snipe and be critical from the sidelines.

You can make crass and abusive comments all you want about certain players - but just know that you have absolutely no idea as to the talent, skill sets, athleticism and vision required to make it in the professional game.

It's a strange world we live in where those with no talent (yourself) abuse exceptionally talented players with such comments. And believe me playing in L1 requires talent beyond your wildest dreams.

AStonesThrow

giphy.gif

I know there are only 3 peas but still.
Yeah but these are fresh peas from the pod. Bakayoko is more of a frozen petit pois ;)

SlowerThanPlatt

why don’t we do better than this I’ll give £1,000 to a charity if he gets 30 goals by end of may if you think he’s that good? If he doesn’t you make the £1,000 up.

deal?

Well considering no Cov player has scored that many for over 60 years and Bakayoko has scored a career high of 7 league goals I don’t think the odds are exactly stacked in Faz’s favour

Grendel

Well considering no Cov player has scored that many for over 60 years and Bakayoko has scored a career high of 7 league goals I don’t think the odds are exactly stacked in Faz’s favour

hes offered 30 to 1 odds to be fair

Grendel

CCFC54321....as I've previously said anyone can snipe and be critical from the sidelines.

You can make crass and abusive comments all you want about certain players - but just know that you have absolutely no idea as to the talent, skill sets, athleticism and vision required to make it in the professional game.

It's a strange world we live in where those with no talent (yourself) abuse exceptionally talented players with such comments. And believe me playing in L1 requires talent beyond your wildest dreams.

go then big boy how many goals will he score this season without injury?

DannyThomas_1981

go then big boy how many goals will he score this season without injury?

No idea to be honest Grendel.

What I would say is that if Baka is played in partnership with Biamou (or Godden) and we keep creating chances in a 3-5-2 I think he'll score goals.

Right now Baka is our top goalscorer with 4 goals with an average strike rate of 168 minutes (I admittedly had to look that up!). Godden by comparison has 4 goals at 249 minutes per goal. That comparison is a little unfair perhaps on Godden as he's mainly played upfront on his own but he's also missed a number of great chances.

Should Baka have scored more? Yes. But equally Godden should have more as well. I don't see anything like the level of abuse aimed at Godden after we have underperformed and he has missed chances. What I would also say is that at least 2 of Baka's goals have been outstanding in terms of technique - and in particular the goal against Doncaster was different class and rescued us. So my own view is that he should get far more credit vs. some of the abusive comments I have seen on here. The new partnership with Max has looked decent to me.

It's a team game ultimately - my view is that we should stick by the lads who wear the shirt and also trust in Robins to evolve the team as required - he's pretty good at it. It's simply not helpful to abuse individual players when results haven't gone our way. Balanced criticism is of course justified but what 54321 has written is frankly a disgrace. I fully realise that's not a fashionable view.

Skybluefaz

No idea to be honest Grendel.

What I would say is that if Baka is played in partnership with Biamou (or Godden) and we keep creating chances in a 3-5-2 I think he'll score goals.

Right now Baka is our top goalscorer with 4 goals with an average strike rate of 168 minutes (I admittedly had to look that up!). Godden by comparison has 4 goals at 249 minutes per goal. That comparison is a little unfair perhaps on Godden as he's mainly played upfront on his own but he's also missed a number of great chances.

Should Baka have scored more? Yes. But equally Godden should have more as well. I don't see anything like the level of abuse aimed at Godden after we have underperformed and he has missed chances. What I would also say is that at least 2 of Baka's goals have been outstanding in terms of technique - and in particular the goal against Doncaster was different class and rescued us. So my own view is that he should get far more credit vs. some of the abusive comments I have seen on here. The new partnership with Max has looked decent to me.

It's a team game ultimately - my view is that we should stick by the lads who wear the shirt and also trust in Robins to evolve the team as required - he's pretty good at it. It's simply not helpful to abuse individual players when results haven't gone our way. Balanced criticism is of course justified but what 54321 has written is frankly a disgrace. I fully realise that's not a fashionable view.
Stop being so fucking reasonable

cloughie

I can completely see why he was signed. He has some great physical attributes - his size and height, he's quick for a guy his size, left footed, still young. On some of his old Walsall videos he was unpredictable too - he would be running into the channels and going on Adebola style runs where you never quite knew what was gonna happen next. That's a great foundation to build on if the desire and understanding to improve is there.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be. Doesn't seem to have much football intelligence or self motivation at all and he's never looked like a natural striker in the box. At the same time it looks like we've tried to coach him into being the focal point in that 4-2-3-1 and now 4-3-3 and ironically the discipline required for that role has taken away what little edge he had before and that unpredictability seems to be gone too.

Can't see him being kept on beyond the end of his contract in the summer.
I don't think it's lack of effort or professionalism just when he doesn't look like he is trying he is just clueless about what he should be doing. First touch and finishing also as bad as the football brains that he lacks. All in all he is trying his hardest but ultimately not anywhere near upto this level

Users who are viewing this thread