Baker, Clarke & Murphy Told To Go (1 Viewer)

RPHunt

Coventry City have told their three highest-earning players they are free to leave the troubled club.

Coventry’s first match since being docked 10 points because of their financial crisis ended in a 3-2 defeat at Crawley.

Skipper Carl Baker, striker Leon Clarke and keeper Joe Murphy were told before Saturday’s League One opener they can go to save an estimated £1million a year in wages.

Full Story http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Leon-Clarke-Joe-Murphy.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

jan87

Is this news supposed to make us all go out and buy season tickets. Sisu are finally showing their true colours

Otis

Did hint at this on another thread.

End of the embargo would signal a procession of players going the other way.

ConnorDevine

It's just sad, there's potential and passion in this squad, bakers a good guy, Clarkes our most potentially prolific striker in years, good young talent in fleck and moussa but they'll all be moved on for a quick buck and we'll see them develop at another club

CovLis86

I... I... Almost can't help but laugh. The second they get control and show their true colours. We can't even get a point agaibst a team who will do well to finishmid table, and we seek to sell our captain, our goalkeeper and our only recognised senior striker. Fantastic. Just fucking fantastic.

jan87

I think Sisu have made the decision about going to the Cobblers for me!!!!!:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap:

cloughie

Thats because they have realised no one barring a few misguided folk are buying season tickets or going to sixfields , so no income

just the beginning

Otis

embargo only stops players coming in

Yes, but as I said on the other thread, we may well have hung on to these players because we couldn't bring anyone else in. We would have been seriously short on numbers had they been allowed to leave and us not being able to bring players in. As soon as the embargo is lifted these players would then be allowed to leave.

Sutty

Anyone else reporting it? No quotes in that article either. I'll believe it when it starts to gather pace.

If true, it's hardly surprising is it? If the NOPM campaign is serious then the club has to get rid of its high earners.

RFC

All down to FIFA - FFP rules and our lack of generated 'gross income' of which only 60% can be spent on transfers & players wages but I hope it's not true as we need all three to help get us through this 'crisis' IMHO!

HELP!

ConnorDevine

Although all this said, we have to expect this if we're going through with Not a Penny More, SISU will burn off a lot of fat before theyre starved out

RPHunt

Anyone else reporting it? No quotes in that article either. I'll believe it when it starts to gather pace.

If true, it's hardly surprising is it? If the NOPM campaign is serious then the club has to get rid of its high earners.

So the SISU apologists move on from blaming ACL for all the problems to the stay away fans!

None of it is SISU's fault is it?

Tonylinc

I'm no longer surprised by anything which our owners do. It matters not one jot to them which division we are in. They will still demand 30 mill. to sell. I really think that the whole thing has now become personal and that they will do almost anything to destroy us completely!

D

Deleted member 4232

I'm no expert on reputations of various British media chains, but do we take the Daily Mail as gospel?

cloughie

I thought our beneficial owners were going to finance our situation and take the losses until lego land was built

Sutty

So the SISU apologists move on from blaming ACL for all the problems to the stay away fans!

None of it is SISU's fault is it?

If a business has its income cut, should it or should it not cut its expenditure?

As for the SISU apologist accusation - grow up.

italiahorse

Although all this said, we have to expect this if we're going through with Not a Penny More, SISU will burn off a lot of fat before theyre starved out

The fair play rules say we use last years figures for this year. Next year should force these cuts. It's spite.
This is just SISU responding to there investors loosing a fortune in the liquidation instead of transferring the debt into the club.

italiahorse

Sorry, they have been doing that for a long time

You wait til next week when they get the shock of next weeks crowd.
They will take us to oblivion for spite rather than let us go.
Waiting to sell at the top of the cycle Fisher? You have missed it.
SISU will go and we will pick up the pieces and start again.

If a business has its income cut, should it or should it not cut its expenditure?

As for the SISU apologist accusation - grow up.

They could have played at the Ricoh until their fantasy stadium was built - with the income necessary to keep these players. Hoffman proved that point by offering to be the middle man.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I thought the bomb squad thing was bad as it was but if Murphy is sold what happens - Burge is no.1 and then the next kid whose hands can fit adult gloves sits on the bench?

If they decide they don't want to go anywhere are they also sent to Nandos?

Users who are viewing this thread