Baker gone (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

I understand that Carl Baker is in talks with City with a view to agreeing a deal to pay up a percentage of his contract. I expect him to leave the Sky Blues by mutual consent tonight."

pusbccfc

Not good. We are paying what we didn't want to pay!

Last edited:

Greggs

Frees up some ££££ for the striker and centre half!.

LJC_CCFC

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Can't say I am that fussed. Some will be outraged no doubt.

Fair play he was a city player and he had good games and shocking games like most. He did a lot for charity so you can never knock him for that but IF it frees up his wages for others I can't see that much of an issue.

RoboCCFC90

Some rumours are saying that Baker will sign for Northampton..

letsallsingtogether

Need to get rid of half the squad for that..

Will probably get another has been on loan really annoying.

Our midfield on Saturday was rubbish, no creativity won't matter who we have up front if we can't sort that out....
Frees up some ££££ for the striker and centre half!.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Can't see why anybody would be pleased to see him go. Had a settled family here and was committed to the club and always took time to engage with fans; and the totality of his record during his time with us stands scrutiny very well. We will do well to find one midfielder from the current crop that will match his record at Coventry

LJC_CCFC

Can't see why anybody would be pleased to see him go. Had a settled family here and was committed to the club and always took time to engage with fans; and the totality of his record during his time with us stands scrutiny very well. We will do well to find one midfielder from the current crop that will match his record at Coventry

One good season in four, figures from last year down on the previous year indicating he's in decline as a footballer. Jim O'Brien more than capable of filling his boots. Great servant, average player.

Nick

Administrator

I don't think anybody will be out celebrating in the street because of it with happyness. If it is true about Northampton he won't need to move or anything so not as bad as say Yeovil.

covmark

I don't get this Baker love-in, very very average player. The fact there's a rumour that he's going to Northampton (bang average league 2 team) says it all. Just beacuase he's lauded as some kind of legend on facebook, doesn't mean he can still do it on the field,

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I don't think anybody will be out celebrating in the street because of it with happyness. If it is true about Northampton he won't need to move or anything so not as bad as say Yeovil.

I know of one poster who will be. It's all okay talking about players with potential, but he's done it. Not always stupendously, but he's been decent. Now we've paid him off, so in effect, it's cost us money to terminate his contract. Andy Ducros had potential. I like players with potential. However, I like stable, solid performers about the place too. Baker was one

Rusty Trombone

If we have to pay his contract up, or a high proportion of it, then it isn't really saving any money to move him on.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I don't get this Baker love-in, very very average player. The fact there's a rumour that he's going to Northampton (bang average league 2 team) says it all. Just beacuase he's lauded as some kind of legend on facebook, doesn't mean he can still do it on the field,

Nobody loves him. Nobody thinks he's a legend. He's just a steady, decent, loyal player. No rose-tinted eulogies here

Grendel

Nick

Administrator
Has this been confirmed yet? Usually when we release somebody it is announced within an hour they have gone somewhere else.

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City midfielder Carl Baker has agreed to terminate his contract with the football club by mutual consent subject to Football League and FA approval.

The 31-year old has made 182 appearances for the Sky Blues, scoring 28 goals during his four-year spell at the club which also saw him wear the captain's armband.​

The club would like to thank Carl for his hard work over the years and wish him all the best for the future.

City manager Steven Pressley said: "This was a very difficult decision for me to make because Carl has been brilliant for us since I joined.

"During the summer, we've assessed the options within the squad and we believe that it is a good time for Carl to look for a new challenge in his career and we sincerely wish him all the best with that."​

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...ation-010914-1892367.aspx#YlbseRdgixillFVo.99

NorthernWisdom

Ah well.

We've had better, we've had worse. Seemed a decent chap who's matured as he got older, lots of respect for his charity work as well. Do think this is a footballing decision mind, he never seemed to quite fit into Pressley's side last season even when scoring goals early on.

Hope it works out for him elsewhere.

Grendel

Grendel, you are so much like Cartman it's uncanny. He must have been based on you as an 8-year old

Today is the day - Carl Baker day - black armband and a minutes silence every year now.

Don't think ill sleep tonight - so sad.

LJC_CCFC

182 appearances, 28 goals and chats to the fans on Facebook makes him a legend...

Nick

Administrator
This comment sums it up:

I feel for Carl Bakers kid... Due to start secondary school tomorrow morning. He won't have a clue where he will be next week.

Users who are viewing this thread