Baker to Orient 150k (1 Viewer)

TakeMeHome

My mate from Uni is a massive Orient fan and is quite close to the club. He reckons Cov have accepted 150k for Baker. Whether he is giving me some jip I'm not 100% but he convinces me he is telling the truth...

shmmeee

Strong rumours earlier about him going. £150k isn't bad considering he's only got a year left and the wages he's on.

Can I be the first to say: if true Pressley won't see any of it.

ccfc92

Like I said on the other thread, if his 8k per week pays for 4 players on 2k, then it's a good decision IMO

Sky Blue Harry H

If Carl is on 8k a week, it could well be the case. If he goes, how many goals a season have we 'lost' through departed players from the start of last season? Clarke, Wiilson, Moussa and Baker. Daniels or Webster must be close to top scorers of those left?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Sky Blue Harry H

Like I said on the other thread, if his 8k per week pays for 4 players on 2k, then it's a good decision IMO

Not sure of what quality we'd get for £2k a week - would have thought a few conference players are on that?

LJC_CCFC

Personally I'd have kept bakes for another year as he's guaranteed to get you at least 10 goals/assists a season. However the writing was on the wall after the captaincy got taken off him. 150k is good business for a player who's career is on the down slide (plus 8k a week off the wage bill). Orient are also a club going places so I'm sure Bakes wouldn't be against the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJC_CCFC

If Carl is on 8k a week, it could well be the case. If he goes, how many goals a season have we 'lost' through departed players from the start of last season? Clarke, Wiilson, Moussa and Baker. Daniels or Webster must be close to top scorers of those left?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

O'Brien, Swanson, Miller, Tudgay and Coulibaly should step up to the plate just fine. Plus an additional two forwards and centre mid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloughie

Not sure of what quality we'd get for £2k a week - would have thought a few conference players are on that?

2k is the max they are now paying and Baker is on around £8K

Yes that is the thing many players are having to play for less now unless they are premiership

stupot07

Strong rumours earlier about him going. £150k isn't bad considering he's only got a year left and the wages he's on.

Can I be the first to say: if true Pressley won't see any of it.

That's probably for the best, don't want him getting caught up on a Mike Newell type scandal. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

Don't see why he wouldn't be on £8k, his contract was signed in the Championship wasn't it?

J

Jack Griffin

Don't see why he wouldn't be on £8k, his contract was signed in the Championship wasn't it?

I could see that potentially with full Champ bonuses paid up.. but that is not going to be what is paid out in Div3. Otherwise I reckon he would have been shipped out sooner.

shmmeee

I could see that potentially with full Champ bonuses paid up.. but that is not going to be what is paid out in Div3. Otherwise I reckon he would have been shipped out sooner.

There's an argument to be made that, depending on what signings are to come, we're making some of our biggest cost cuts this year.

Murphy was another on Championship wages, Clarke and Moussa wouldn't have come cheap. Neither would the loanees we had.

Could be that Pressley thought it was worth keeping the captain and (at the time) scorer of 15 goals from midfield. He seemed less impressed at the end of last season.

Terry Gibson's perm

If Baker is on 8k per week then it is a bit high for the standard of player and league but if he goes I wouldn't expect them to sign 4 players at 2k per week you will be lucky to get 1 new signing to replace him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

3 or 4 at best, was plying his way through the lower leagues and joined an okay champo club at like 28.

I think you are underestimating the wages paid in the championship, I don't know his actual wage but I reckon it would at least 5-6k. Probably make it up to 8k a week with bonuses and stuff.

He is also signed his new contract when Ken Delieu was trying to destroy us.

ccfc92

Yeah, I reckon so, but making unsubstantiated & inflated claims suits the Sisuiistas.

I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with being a "sisuiistas", whatever that is.

He IS on 8k per week. Whether that's basic or including bonuses, I don't know, but he is on that at least.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Clubs who sell their top players especially ones who score goals get relegated.
True but, on paper, those we'be signed look capable of scoring their share of goals. Miller is being lauded for his finishing, O'Brien bagged some (including. vs us) and I have watched Reda score some beauties from corners.
Our signings have excited me so far!

Sky Blue Pete

Well now we need 6 new players to even begin to compete at mid table level next season - and they need to come in quick!

will am i

True but, on paper, those we'be signed look capable of scoring their share of goals. Miller is being lauded for his finishing, O'Brien bagged some (including. vs us) and I have watched Reda score some beauties from corners.
Our team is worse than it was last year. We have been selling our 'crap and too expensive players' for the past 15 years and that has gone well. All of our goals from last year have left, so doesnt make me too confident. O'Brien is a good signing, but wont score as many as Moussa or Baker. Miller wont score as many as Wilson. Still, Ill be at Bradford

Sky Blue Harry H

Lord Miller?! ...

Sky Blue Sheepy

Our team is worse than it was last year. We have been selling our 'crap and too expensive players' for the past 15 years and that has gone well. All of our goals from last year have left, so doesnt make me too confident. O'Brien is a good signing, but wont score as many as Moussa or Baker. Miller wont score as many as Wilson. Still, Ill be at Bradford
I'm what you'd call blindly optimistic. Our problem last season wasn't scoring, so losing a few goals, whilst disappointing of course, isn't the end of the world. My hope is that the players we have signed at the back are an improvement. Still gutted that Adams had to go though :-(

Users who are viewing this thread