Baker (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Whats his record as captain ?

It must be right up there as one of the most successful in terms of win percentages of any captain in the past 40 years ?

Baginton

what does he captain? ive never seen him doing any captaining at all, may as well give Murphy it, least he talks/shouts at people!

pusbccfc

what does he captain? ive never seen him doing any captaining at all, may as well give Murphy it, least he talks/shouts at people!

Since he's been captain his hard work has been passed on throughout the team. When Wood was captain for that 1 game the teams desire dropped massively.

ccfcway

at a win rate of 75%, he has to be doing something right

he is the 2nd highest scorer and the highest amount of appearances of everyone

Grendel

Who was captain last season?

Otis

Clingan for the most part. Keogh too.

Clingan! :( And then you wonder just how on earth we got relegated. :whistle:

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Baker is a key figure in the majority if not all of our attacks, he's all over the pitch, helps out cy and attacks really well, I for one am very happy he is captain and for me is the stand out player this season

Otis

The captaincy seems to have made him deliver a better all round performance of late.

stupot07

Baker is a key figure in the majority if not all of our attacks, he's all over the pitch, helps out cy and attacks really well, I for one am very happy he is captain and for me is the stand out player this season

Saturday apart from the goal baker was very quite, with the majority of our attacks caming down the left.

He has played well for the last 5-6 games, by for the first 10 or so games was a poor as the rest of the squad.

pusbccfc

Saturday apart from the goal baker was very quite, with the majority of our attacks caming down the left.

He has played well for the last 5-6 games, by for the first 10 or so games was a poor as the rest of the squad.

You have to watch him carefully to really see how important he is. He tracks back and helps Cyrus a lot. He switches the play many times also. He can evidently cross and shoot with both feet.

S

SkyBlue Baker96

The only thing I'd say to that is, baker always seems to find acres of space so we just play a diagonal ball to him, a example as of Saturday, he had two defenders on him got past them both then went back the other way and got into trouble I still think he needs to be quicker in some things he does, but yeah I will agree, second half he was more in the play not a great deal though

stupot07

You have to watch him carefully to really see how important he is. He tracks back and helps Cyrus a lot. He switches the play many times also. He can evidently cross and shoot with both feet.

Like I said he's played well the last 5-6/7 games, and yes I agree with that, he also loses a lot of possession by trying to be too clever in our defensive third as he did on 2-3 occasions in the first half.

His return to form has coincided with Christie coming back in the side, which allows him to drift in more as Christie will bomb forward past him.

As well as he's played the last 5-6 or so games he was as poor as everyone else before that, that's why I find it hard to say he's been the standout player this season.

Baker leads by example. Simple

Completely agree.

I said before the season started that i thought Baker would be captain. He has always been inconsistent with his performances but since being made captain, i think he has been brilliant.
He always tries his hardest, and it doesn't always come off but he tries to win the ball back when he loses it.

Although he can't win cause as soon as he does a bad pass loads of people call him names and say he is rubbish.

yeah, its impressive, but come on, this is league 1. If we were a division higher, it would be a lot lower. But he's done wel. His performances have been much better

cyril

I think we all should get behind baker. He will get better and better with confidence
Also a masterstroke by robins giving him the armband. Doesn't hide now

shy_tall_knight

I'm not a big baker fan but he has been better of late, however last night was one of the few times he has performed well against quality opposition he has saved his better performances for the likes of hartlepool and scuni. Did well down the right but although scored a great goal against Morecambe his shooting is dire, he seems to find space and create an opportunity but the final shot is very limp.

ajsccfc

I tend to regard a captaincy as a meaningless talking point/photo opportunity, but there are some players who seem to get geed up by a sense of responsibility. Baker's definitely fit that bill since being made captain.

Moff

I tend to regard a captaincy as a meaningless talking point/photo opportunity, but there are some players who seem to get geed up by a sense of responsibility. Baker's definitely fit that bill since being made captain.

I totally agree. I thought he was quite vocal last night, and noticed him encouraging Cyrus and others a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread