bakes (1 Viewer)

cmoncity

See carl baker is smashing um in tonight for mk dons. How mowbray must wish he still had him at the club as do we all.Fair play to him really moving forward as a player.

Covkid1968#

Top player (at our level) and a top bloke...wish him all but good

Grendel

Who gives a shit?

Covkid1968#

Grendel

Just sometimes players show loyalty - when they do, we should. Bakes did.....

We showed loyalty by paying him championship wages where he hid and underperformed every week

stupot07

Aren't they about the same level as Sphinx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Terry Gibson's perm

I am a bit with Grendel on this one, I was never a fan I don't think he produced that much for us, but a bit like the edge was helped by his presence on social media.

Terry Gibson's perm

Buckingham athletic sports and social club won 12-0...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Thanks stupot

crikey I should hope they were smashing them it sounds like a pub side

Covkid1968#

We showed loyalty by paying him championship wages where he hid and underperformed every week

We just paid is wages because we thought he could do a job...bit like Cov Uni pay me to do a job, but I go around bigging up Cov Uni because Im sort of proud to be part of it....thats my take on what Bakes did, regardless of what he did on the pitch he bigged the club up whenever he could - does it even now.

Grendel

We just paid is wages because we thought he could do a job...bit like Cov Uni pay me to do a job, but I go around bigging up Cov Uni because Im sort of proud to be part of it....thats my take on what Bakes did, regardless of what he did on the pitch he bigged the club up whenever he could - does it even now.

He did that to detract from his woeful lack of ability at the level he was signed for. He was someone who hid in bad times and basked in glory when going well. He manipulated people on social media.

Esoterica

See carl baker is smashing um in tonight for mk dons. How mowbray must wish he still had him at the club as do we all.Fair play to him really moving forward as a player.

He's 32 and returning to where he was, not moving forward. For the 300k we paid for him we got 2 goals in 80 appearances in the Championship culminating in a relegation. He'll be back in league 1 where he belongs in 2016/17 having been replaced in the MK Dons team by January.

Sick Boy

I can only presume we have a significant gay following amongst our support. How else do you explain the adulation of the likes of Bakes and Thorny?

Hobo

I think he tweeted himself out of the club to be honest.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

January loan deal perhaps? ;)

would be worth doing just to shatter the illusion he was jesus reborn people seem to forget when he was good he was half decent but when he was bad he was fucking awful this is a player who was booed by home fans for his performances before we moved to sixfields signed up for facebook and suddenly he was the best thing since sliced bread

CJ_covblaze

Robbie Keane's doing well.

CJ_covblaze

would be worth doing just to shatter the illusion he was jesus reborn people seem to forget when he was good he was half decent but when he was bad he was fucking awful this is a player who was booed by home fans for his performances before we moved to sixfields signed up for facebook and suddenly he was the best thing since sliced bread

I agree to an extent. Nice bloke and did well in L1 but remember the fury when he and Bell both got handed contract extensions? Also I remember some of our idiots cheering when he did his ankle at Portman Road.

woody11462

He did that to detract from his woeful lack of ability at the level he was signed for. He was someone who hid in bad times and basked in glory when going well. He manipulated people on social media.

Your completely right. I'm so glad we got rid of a player that had enough creativity to nearly take MK Dos up. God knows Mowbray would be going insane if he had to get rid of the create ability of Carl Baker. I mean, who else would our strikers feed off? Everyone talks about Wilson and Clarke but who was the creative engine? We've been on a decline for a long time but to get rid of Baker was a mistake because I thin Mowbray would've got the best out of him.

LJC_CCFC

Your completely right. I'm so glad we got rid of a player that had enough creativity to nearly take MK Dos up. God knows Mowbray would be going insane if he had to get rid of the create ability of Carl Baker. I mean, who else would our strikers feed off? Everyone talks about Wilson and Clarke but who was the creative engine? We've been on a decline for a long time but to get rid of Baker was a mistake because I thin Mowbray would've got the best out of him.

Name another MK Dons player from last season, go on, I dare you to. They were the 2nd best TEAM in an average league, Baker played a small part in their success.

Users who are viewing this thread