Bale - Theo quicker (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

gareth-bale-tottenham-tottenham-hotspur-21-arsenal-barclays-premier-league-white-hart-lane-londo.jpg
Spurs winger grounded after Euro showings
Gareth Bale is remaining grounded following his UEFA Champions League exploits, stating Theo Walcott is quicker.
The Wales international has been catapulted into the European limelight recently following his two outstanding performances in Tottenham's games against Inter Milan.
Bale netted a hat-trick in Spurs' 4-3 away defeat to the European champions and he helped himself to two assists in Tuesday's 3-1 win over Inter after getting the better of Maicon again.
The winger's pace and power has led to questions whether Harry Redknapp will be able to retain the 21-year-old, something the White Hart Lane boss does not believe will be a problem.
Bale does not credit any individual when it comes to his impressive physical attributes, stating hard work on the training pitch as the main source of his joy.
However, Bale is not getting carried away with his improvement as he firmly believes ex-Southampton colleague Walcott - now at Arsenal - remains the quicker player.

Nothing special

"I've never worked with a sprint coach, I just put my foot down and run as hard as I can," Bale told The Sun.
"I've never worked with a skills coach either, I've always liked dribbling with a ball and now I'm showing it in games.
"Maybe I owe some thanks to my PE teacher at school, who at one time banned me from using my left foot in practice games. He'd only let me use my right - and that definitely helped improve it.
"As for how quickly I can cover ground, as I have grown older I have become more powerful and that is all I can honestly put the speed down to. Of course I work hard on the training ground, but I don't do anything special.
"Back when I was a schoolkid I'd do distance running and the sprints as well. I could run 100 metres in a little over 11 seconds but I have never been timed by anyone at Tottenham.
"Is there anyone faster than me in football - well Theo Walcott at Arsenal for one. I used to room with him when we were both teenagers at Southampton and he is definitely quicker than me.
"We're good mates and I keep in contact with Theo regularly. But yes, he'd beat me in a race."

Users who are viewing this thread