Bands you loved but had sort of forgotten about ... (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I watched the Sex Pistols on Sky Arts, went of and downloaded never mind the bollocks a brilliant album. Yazoo were brilliant, but I got all of my Cult albums out and downloaded them to my iTunes (kick arse).

ratovan2

Pulp- His n Hers, Different Class, Weezer - Blue album, Ian Brown- Unfinished Monkey Business, Radiohead - The Bends, Ok Computer, Voice of the Beehive- Let it Bee, Honey Lingers, Stranglers - La Folie, The Cult - Love, Vibrators - V2 The Damned -Black Album, Machine Gun Etiquette, Clash- London Calling, Van Halen - II and others I would be embarrassed to mention on here......

Last edited:

lifeskyblue

One of the kids were watching a prog on tv...and they played Freebird by lynard skynard. Fantastic. Took me back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

Listened to The Bends today inspired by this thread. Quality album.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

xcraigx

Listened to The Bends today inspired by this thread. Quality album.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This gig was about a year before The Bends was released but most of the songs on it were played that night. Jonny is a hell of a guitar player.

clint van damme

Pulp- His n Hers, Different Class, Weezer - Blue album, Ian Brown- Unfinished Monkey Business, Radiohead - The Bends, Ok Computer, Voice of the Beehive- Let it Bee, Honey Lingers, Stranglers - La Folie, The Cult - Love, Vibrators - V2 The Damned -Black Album, Machine Gun Etiquette, Clash- London Calling, Van Halen - II and others I would be embarrassed to mention on here......
I'm off to see the Damned tomorrow night. They're doing a 40th anniversary gig at the Albert Hall Saturday and tomorrow is a warm up. No support and they're playing for 3 hours at the Roadmenders in Northampton.

Johnnythespider

I'm off to see the Damned tomorrow night. They're doing a 40th anniversary gig at the Albert Hall Saturday and tomorrow is a warm up. No support and they're playing for 3 hours at the Roadmenders in Northampton.
Be good if they record the Albert Hall gig

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

I've seen a couple of people mention Gaz Coombes in this thread, so as a heads up in have just seen he is playing the RSC in Stratford on the 19th of June, might see if I can get to that.

fernandopartridge

Great name - shouldn't it be Rat au Vin?

clint van damme

I've seen a couple of people mention Gaz Coombes in this thread, so as a heads up in have just seen he is playing the RSC in Stratford on the 19th of June, might see if I can get to that.

saw this advertised but unfortunately got a family do on, reckon it would be well worth going along.

rob9872

Thread got me looking through collection to see what I fancied and put The Alarm in the car today. Totally forgot just how much I used to love that album.

torchomatic

Does anyone remember an 80's band from Leamington called Mummy Calls? Or a Cov band called The Furious Apples?

I liked Mummy Calls and bought a few of their records. Best known for being on the Lost Boys soundtrack.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Samo

I liked Mummy Calls and bought a few of their records. Best known for being on the Lost Boys soundtrack.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten they were on that! Great band, really technical musicians. They should have been big and were on the verge of it, nobody seems to know why it went wrong but it was quite sudden as I recall.

Covstu

Went to see James last night, they were superb but another band I hadn't really listened to properly for years

Covstu

They don't play it anymore! There was a really pissed woman who was lying down and she got removed by the stewards!

Tad

Not a band or album as such, but I too recently went on a long trip and stuck a bunch of songs on my ipod. They were all from the 90s and I genuinely had forgotten how great some of them were. The music definitely had its own er..for lack of a better word, "feel" to them.

Smashing Pumpkins, Blur, Oasis, Candlebox, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Radiohead, early greenday, early Muse, Stereophonics, Bush, Travis, Third Eye Blind, the mock turtles, Depeche mode, RHCP, Nirvana, james, REM, The Verve etc.

Here's a good list too: http://absoluteradio.co.uk/feature/charts/greatest-song-of-the-90s/

Loving 90s music right now :)

torchomatic

The Associates. Always loved them and the wonderful Billy Mac. Voice of an angel.

Users who are viewing this thread