Barca ! (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

Messi he's magic - free kick inch perfect - Suarez - wanker but i'd have him in our team

no_loyalty

Messi he's magic - free kick inch perfect - Suarez - wanker but i'd have him in our team

Hope some fucker knocks Suarez's teeth out, as he's an arrogant mouthy twat.

Nick

Administrator
Saw some of it, was a shit game really. Lucky second goal but then a great free kick.

Paul Anthony

Thought Barca were well below par. Second goal was lucky, but until then Liverpool were on top. That said, the free kick was sublime. After that Barca could have (should have?) had at least another, but conspired not to. And how on earth Salah put that one against the post, it was easier to score than do that!

Normally, you'd say Barca have this covered. But I don't know. They look suspect in defense, and if Liverpool can snatch a quick goal at Anfield... I just can't count Liverpool out of it yet.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, people on the radio and everything this morning banging on about a Messi masterclass etc. Yeah he scored a really good free kick but was anonymous for the rest of it apart from when he was rolling about on the floor trying to get players booked and smiling into the camera about it. His other goal was an open goal from 3 yards out,

Suarez just nags at people, 2 foot the toothy prick early doors and see what he's about then.

Really don't see the hype for it all.

Mcbean

Salah was very quick and Robertson - i was saying to the wife - this is just like City missing chances early on - Barca got better with the goals but Messi hes like a SuperMario game just dribbles his way through and creates an opportunity - If Liverpool can do it - would be a awesome achievement just hope Sons addition to the Spurs game gives them a chance

Sky Blue Harry H

The thing is, people on the radio and everything this morning banging on about a Messi masterclass etc. Yeah he scored a really good free kick but was anonymous for the rest of it apart from when he was rolling about on the floor trying to get players booked and smiling into the camera about it. His other goal was an open goal from 3 yards out,

Suarez just nags at people, 2 foot the toothy prick early doors and see what he's about then.

If you watch the second goa; again, Messi set it up in the first place with his initial run/pass, then continued his run for the simple finish. Agree that the tie isn't all over, as Barcelona do have a dodgy defence, and Anfield will be intimidating. I think the hype is that it's Messi (again) rather than his/their overall performance. They are nowhere near the Iniesta/Xavi team (but still have the GOAT to drag them through in current matches).

covcity4life

the mark of a class player is ability to change game in moments even if you not having a motm performance. messi did that with a sublime fk and being in right place right time to nab 2nd. also laid 4th on a plate for dembele whooho scuffed it it.

he is the greatest of all time.

Nick

Administrator
the mark of a class player is ability to change game in moments even if you not having a motm performance. messi did that with a sublime fk and being in right place right time to nab 2nd. also laid 4th on a plate for dembele whooho scuffed it it.

he is the greatest of all time.

Not really that bothered about people who have only seen football grounds on the TV pulling their cocks obsessively over him.

He scored a tap in from 5 yards and the commentators were nearly creaming about it, yeah he scored a great free kick but you will get them every week in lower leagues in one game or another with hardly a mention.

ccfchoi87

If you’ve ever watched messi before you’ll see that most games he’s hardly involved. In fact when he is involved he gives the ball away an awful lot. However, it normally comes off at least once in a game and when it does it’s devastating.

The hype is that’s he’s scored 600 goals at an average of 0.88 per game, is the top scorer in Europe despite only playing 2/3 of the games and has scored more goals against the top 6 in England this season than the players actually playing in England. He’s the best ever and his involvement last night just sums him up.

Also the criticism for Barca’s performance is odd. I found it refreshing to see them sit back and counter for a change. They controlled the first half but knew a goal for Liverpool would’ve been massive so they sat back in the second half and didn’t let Liverpool utilise the pace of Salah and Mane. Once they got the second goal, they took over again. Unusual for Barca to play as tactically as that but it got them as good a result as they could have hoped.

covcity4life

Not really that bothered about people who have only seen football grounds on the TV pulling their cocks obsessively over him.

He scored a tap in from 5 yards and the commentators were nearly creaming about it, yeah he scored a great free kick but you will get them every week in lower leagues in one game or another with hardly a mention.
and you are in better position to say who is good and who isnt? only watch lower league football with less talented players and have a shit gimmick of saying 2 foot everyone all the time

you are a dinosaur and its lucky english FA are leaving your 442 bollocks behind and thats why our national team is prospering

i watch all football be it top level or low, this isnt a troll but i know alot more about this sport than you do,i tried to be polite but you need to be put in your place silly boy.

covcity4life

If you’ve ever watched messi before you’ll see that most games he’s hardly involved. In fact when he is involved he gives the ball away an awful lot. However, it normally comes off at least once in a game and when it does it’s devastating.

The hype is that’s he’s scored 600 goals at an average of 0.88 per game, is the top scorer in Europe despite only playing 2/3 of the games and has scored more goals against the top 6 in England this season than the players actually playing in England. He’s the best ever and his involvement last night just sums him up.

Also the criticism for Barca’s performance is odd. I found it refreshing to see them sit back and counter for a change. They controlled the first half but knew a goal for Liverpool would’ve been massive so they sat back in the second half and didn’t let Liverpool utilise the pace of Salah and Mane. Once they got the second goal, they took over again. Unusual for Barca to play as tactically as that but it got them as good a result as they could have hoped.
the barca are decling stuff is exagerated.

yes peps gone, yes neymar,xavi and iniesta are gone but when you replace players with likes of rakitic,coutinho,dembele and now frankie de jong you will always be a force.

Nick

Administrator
and you are in better position to say who is good and who isnt? only watch lower league football with less talented players and have a shit gimmick of saying 2 foot everyone all the time

you are a dinosaur and its lucky english FA are leaving your 442 bollocks behind and thats why our national team is prospering

i watch all football be it top level or low, this isnt a troll but i know alot more about this sport than you do,i tried to be polite but you need to be put in your place silly boy.

Probably, because I make my own mind up rather than just repeating what whichever pundit on the TV says.

That game wasn't really that entertaining yet if you listen to the radio / TV they need some wet wipes when discussing it.

Look at the state of this

covcity4life

Probably, because I make my own mind up rather than just repeating what whichever pundit on the TV says.
oh of course anyone who disagrees with you is just a sheep following others. if every game shown on mute no one would think messi is best player in world lmao

i cannot understand people like you, imagine not loving this bueatiful sport enough to love every level of it be it watching barca cov or tranmere freaking rovers.

let the bitterness go,i am living proof you can enjoy it all without it killing your fragile hardman ego.

Nick

Administrator
oh of course anyone who disagrees with you is just a sheep following others. if every game shown on mute no one would think messi is best player in world lmao

i cannot understand people like you, imagine not loving this bueatiful sport enough to love every level of it be it watching barca cov or tranmere freaking rovers.

let the bitterness go,i am living proof you can enjoy it all without it killing your fragile hardman ego.

You are living proof of somebody who is a TV football fan to be fair.

I'll happily admit I am really not arsed about the "top level".

covcity4life

You are living proof of somebody who is a TV football fan to be fair.

I'll happily admit I am really not arsed about the "top level".

i was at ricoh on sunday you idiot. do i use tv to follow other leagues? of course. just like use ifollow for many cov games,the game is played on the grass and all you need is a view of it to appreicate it. being at the ground has many benefits but helping you understand the game better is defintley not 1 of them.

you can not be arsed about it, no one has issue with that. dont come on a thread about top level football and tell everyone they are wrong when you clearly dont watch it enough to have a clue.

Nick

Administrator
i was at ricoh on sunday you idiot. do i use tv to follow other leagues? of course. just like use ifollow for many cov games,the game is played on the grass and all you need is a view of it to appreicate it. being at the ground has many benefits but helping you understand the game better is defintley not 1 of them.

you can not be arsed about it, no one has issue with that. dont come on a thread about top level football and tell everyone they are wrong when you clearly dont watch it enough to have a clue.

Who have I said is wrong exactly? I said I don't get the hype and the way people jump around like the team they support has just won the FA cup.

covcity4life

Who have I said is wrong exactly? I said I don't get the hype and the way people jump around like the team they support has just won the FA cup.
you chatted shit about people indirectly and you know you did. no one is jumping around, no one has their cocks out. people are just admiring messi because they believe he is the best player in the world.

you were being rude and dismissive,you know you were,you wont admit it of course.

Nick

Administrator
you chatted shit about people indirectly and you know you did. no one is jumping around, no one has their cocks out. people are just admiring messi because they believe he is the best player in the world.

you were being rude and dismissive,you know you were,you wont admit it of course.

Feel free to link to where I said people were wrong or incorrect.

I said I don't see the hype.

As for rude and dismissive, try not to be so ironic.

steve82

Pardon me for chipping in but whilst at work last night driving having to use Radio 5 for coverage of the game they made reference a few times to Barca utilising 442.

Now I know immediately you think I’m a dinosaur anyway because of previous conversations about football tactics or playing styles with L2 players on L2 pitches but on the top stage with players with great ability on playing on pitches maintained with the best technology other than the basics of the warmth sun light and rain in the lower leagues I appreciate the style of peps way and the press of Klopp.

442 still has a place in the game at all levels but is labelled as prehistoric and English.

Agree football in general is evolving massively and keepers are not what they used to be just like central defenders who can play like a creative midfielder now at the top end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Feel free to link to where I said people were wrong or incorrect.

I said I don't see the hype.

As for rude and dismissive, try not to be so ironic.
my original response to you was polite as can be, offered you a viewpoint of why people were rating messi last night. you responded with rudeness

and you just called anyone who likes top level footy or messi a sheep lmao. unless you are now saying all the sheep are RIGHT and not wrong? which would make you wrong?!!! lol

covcity4life

Pardon me for chipping in but whilst at work last night driving having to use Radio 5 for coverage of the game they made reference a few times to Barca utilising 442.

Now I know immediately you think I’m a dinosaur anyway because of previous conversations about football tactics or playing styles with L2 players on L2 pitches but on the top stage with players with great ability on playing on pitches maintained with the best technology other than the basics of the warmth sun light and rain in the lower leagues I appreciate the style of peps way and the press of Klopp.

442 still has a place in the game at all levels but is labelled as prehistoric and English.

Agree football in general is evolving massively and keepers are not what they used to be just like central defenders who can play like a creative midfielder now at the top end.

442 is reference to the mike basset type of character steve and i am pretty sure you knew that.

you are like nick but less obvious, i know you hate tiki taka and top level footy as shown in other thread i have mentioned you in where you have shown bias towards ross over mowbray simply because tony played great footy and that annoyed you.

442 has its place,all formations have their place. i stood up for pulis not long ago so you know i am no snob.

edit-ok we have been through this and you appreicate tiki taka but dont think its suited to lower leagues.

Nick

Administrator
my original response to you was polite as can be, offered you a viewpoint of why people were rating messi last night. you responded with rudeness

and you just called anyone who likes top level footy or messi a sheep lmao. unless you are now saying all the sheep are RIGHT and not wrong? which would make you wrong?!!! lol

Where did I say sheep? I commented on armchair fans.

Nick

Administrator
because I make my own mind up rather than just repeating what whichever pundit on the TV says.

is that not close enough to sheep for you?

Open social media when a game is on for examples or watch / listen to people in the pub watching football. Who cares about Rio Ferdinand jumping about like he has won the World Cup when Barca score? Shouting WOW over and over.

covcity4life

i dont do social media,its full of negative idiots or hyper people like you just mentioned.

rio is a shit pundit too

everyone is different as fans. testament to messi would be that nearly nearly every fan from any background seems to rate messi as the best.

Nick

Administrator
i dont do social media,its full of negative idiots or hyper people like you just mentioned.

rio is a shit pundit too

everyone is different as fans. testament to messi would be that nearly nearly every fan from any background seems to rate messi as the best.

I haven't said he is a bad player have I? I said he didn't do much but scored a tap in and a very good free kick.

For example Chaplin's free kick against Plymouth, if Messi had scored that it would be everywhere with people getting excited. Now I am of course not saying Chaplin is as good as Messi, I am talking about the hype. He was still rolling about on the floor like he had been shot in the leg after a shoulder barge demanding a card.

ccfchoi87

Open social media when a game is on for examples or watch / listen to people in the pub watching football. Who cares about Rio Ferdinand jumping about like he has won the World Cup when Barca score? Shouting WOW over and over.

The commentator on last night’s game was Steve Mcmanaman. Whenever Barcelona are on he’s always on at messi saying he’s not involved and was doing the same last night. He even called PSG’s front three ‘average’ when he did their game. Just because people think messi is class and get excited when he does something special doesn’t mean they are sheep. I appreciate you don’t enjoy it but you surely you can understand why people want to celebrate the greatest player on Earth?

steve82

442 is reference to the mike basset type of character steve and i am pretty sure you knew that.

you are like nick but less obvious, i know you hate tiki taka and top level footy as shown in other thread i have mentioned you in where you have shown bias towards ross over mowbray simply because tony played great footy and that annoyed you.

442 has its place,all formations have their place. i stood up for pulis not long ago so you know i am no snob.

edit-ok we have been through this and you appreicate tiki taka but dont think its suited to lower leagues.

Agree it’s all about horses for courses, international stage, champions league, premier league and now the championship it’s achievable to play a tiki taka and that possession based passing style is the way forward as technology cascades down the game and developed in academies from a young age.

MR is implementing a style of play I like and enjoyed to see at times but as he and his players have found it’s easier to implement it on certain pitches and not others and at times this year we’ve been in need of that Mike Bassett approach as a plan b or c.

PS I never had a issue with TM’s football philosophy, I’d a issue with his snobbery and reluctance to utilise the transfer market appropriately at the level we was at. Let’s leave it there.

covcity4life

the reason people rave is that messi does this every week. you cant compare 1 off fks from chaplin or shipley. connsistency is huge and messi delivered for decade now

as for play acting i agree it was poor but i must say it seemed very out of character,ive not seen him do it much in his career

Nick

Administrator
The commentator on last night’s game was Steve Mcmanaman. Whenever Barcelona are on he’s always on at messi saying he’s not involved and was doing the same last night. He even called PSG’s front three ‘average’ when he did their game. Just because people think messi is class and get excited when he does something special doesn’t mean they are sheep. I appreciate you don’t enjoy it but you surely you can understand why people want to celebrate the greatest player on Earth?

There's a difference between noticing he does something good (his free kick) and then jumping around like their team had just won a trophy though.

I can understand Barca fans losing their mind when they score, I can understand people saying "that was a great free kick, look at the curve" etc.

Can you point out where I have said sheep? I have commented on armchair fans, the majority will be the same sort you see in a pub jumping about when Liverpool, Man City or Man Utd score on a Sunday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread