Match Thread Barnet - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 7th Oct (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Well it wasn't great.

Positive is another clean sheet but we need to force things a lot more.

Kelly played well - looks very good in this league. Jones was blocked out for large parts.

Ponticelli from what I saw will only play a bit part in games. Robins wants forwards to work as defensive cover and I think he will need time to work on it

Shows also how misleading stats are - 17 shots on target but only 2 of any real worth.

Grendel

Shot on target can also be misleading to be fair.

Well yes Kelly and the scramble at the end were the only two real chances - a couple of pass backs as well

clint van damme

ive said it before but not scoring from set pieces (excluding penalties for the pedantic!) will be our downfall

Liquid Gold

Dust ourselves down and move on. It’s league two and terrible games like this are going to happen. Still a point away from home, another clean sheet and unbeaten run continues.

Before the season started I’d have snapped your hand off for 4th and 2 points off top with 12 gone.

BackRoomRummermill

Dust ourselves down and move on. It’s league two and terrible games like this are going to happen. Still a point away from home, another clean sheet and unbeaten run continues.

Before the season started I’d have snapped your hand off for 4th and 2 points off top with 12 gone.

Yep agree

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Robins

Rubbish match

Wasn’t great

Very little in it

First half dire

Second half bit better

Barnet without a few first team era

Had energetic players

Our crowd were terrific

Created more in second half than first

Disappointed haven’t brought home 3 points

Got to thank their GK for keeping them in it

Come away with clean sheet

Missed Duck

We have a couple of strikers who are desperate to score

Wouldn’t say was convinced a goal was coming but convinced we were increasing pressure

Ponticelli had great support from fans and will do him world of good

Lots of positive but won’t be a game people won’t remember

McNulty has played wide for Sheff U before and has had to do defensive work

Not a wide player or winger and I know that

Not done enough to win it but happy enough against Barnet

Another tough game next week. Have a week to work before we go again

Esoterica

If we want to get out of this division via the autos, we have to be more courageous away from home. Would they have held out like that if we'd have gone at them the same way first half? I know most people will be happy overall to win our home games and pick up a point away but to rely on maintaining our home form for the rest of the season is going to be a tough ask.

Nonleagueherewecome

Ha genius bit of commentary by Clive there that they just played back: "I'm a little bit surprised that McNulty didn't shoot himself there!"

Otis

Not great and still a worry that on too many occasions we only play well for 45 mins.

Saying that though, another clean sheet, a point and a continuation of the unbeaten run.

Not a bad days work all in all.

Paxman II

2 points dropped. No punch up front. McNulty can't control or hold a ball up. We were poor for the majority of the game. Hope this is a one off performance and we do much better next game.

covcity4life

Good defebsive display. Rarely troubled. We control the games. Still need to work on attacking play but i am happy with the away point

Biamou motm. Worked socks off im both boxes ans unlucky not to score

PUSB!

Johnnythespider

Worst we can be is 6th.
No we can be 7th or are they only giving other teams 2 points for a win now .
a15f32cc0185073a1a5bd3e2a17db0fb.jpg

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Awful game but it is a point to add to the total. Going to be plenty of games like this, it's league 2. What we need is to be more clinical in front of goal to turn one point in to three in such matches. The best I can say today is that they all battled and tried ..... That hasn't always been the case in previous seasons. Small steps and plenty of games to come so not disheartened

Last edited:

Otis

We should do but the season is still young and we have plenty of time to get going. I'm confident we will go up in the top 3.
Yep. Agree. Not going to win every game, so if we don't win then surely the next best thing is a draw and a clean sheet.

I am quite happy today. Follow that up with a win and the draw will look all the rosier.

Users who are viewing this thread