Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They moan because they're stupid, lack objectivity and don't really understand the game they've been watching most of their lives. No-one with even half a brain cares or gets frustrated about losing a pre-season friendly when it's all about fitness, developing understanding on the pitch and the overall performance.
Nothing worse than when people have no clue, or still seem to think we should be competing with premier league / championship teams for signings. No real understanding of football and just moan because others do.

mark82

If Burge is the better keeper the new chap must be awful and if Burge is remaining as the number one why did we sign him.

Just based on last night. Burge looked to have improved over the summer to me. The new guy let a cross through his hands and at one point went walkabouts and was saved by Willis. People who have seen previous games had the opposite opinion. O'brien did come off his line well a couple of times. Both are good enough for league 2, as is RCC.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just based on last night. Burge looked to have improved over the summer to me. The new guy let a cross through his hands and at one point went walkabouts and was saved by Willis. People who have seen previous games had the opposite opinion. O'brien did come off his line well a couple of times. Both are good enough for league 2, as is RCC.

How was Burges distribution? I think rcc is a better bet than Burge I was stunned they offered him a new deal, we have too many goalies in the squad how many teams in this league have four.

mark82

How was Burges distribution? I think rcc is a better bet than Burge I was stunned they offered him a new deal, we have too many goalies in the squad how many teams in this league have four.

When he rolled it out short it was okay but any time he tried to kick it went out for a throw in our own half. I think Robins wants to be playing out from the back so shouldn't be a huge issue.

mark82

I though LOB was nailed on for the #1 shirt. Can't understand why we'd sign another keeper deemed worse than Burge.

Because Burge isn't as bad as people make out. He's a decent keeper for this level. Suspect RCC will leave either on loan or permanently. Robins has said it will be a straight battle between the 3 to be number 1. At the moment looks like Burge is winning that in Robins eyes.

mark82

I think people expect us to be signing keepers who are championship level or above still. Just not going to happen.

Esoterica

Because Burge isn't as bad as people make out. He's a decent keeper for this level. Suspect RCC will leave either on loan or permanently. Robins has said it will be a straight battle between the 3 to be number 1. At the moment looks like Burge is winning that in Robins eyes.
Then why not just stick with RCC as back up? Supposed to be mates with Burge, a bit of joker in the dressing room and save the time/money of bringing in another reserve and having to ship RCC out to spend where it would be more beneficial.

mark82

Then why not just stick with RCC as back up? Supposed to be mates with Burge, a bit of joker in the dressing room and save the time/money of bringing in another reserve and having to ship RCC out to spend where it would be more beneficial.

Maybe he doesn't rate RCC. You can't just expect a guy who was backup in league 2 last year to come in and be better than someone who was playing in the league above.

It could be that RCC has expressed a desire to leave for first team football. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread