Bassala Sambou (1 Viewer)

skybluedan

I hope his career fucks it now and his agent ends up at car phone warehouse
but I'm 40 going 10. And a nob to boot
hate shit like this , little dicks thinking there better than they are his agent telling him he's god and the next pele
sambou if you were that good Tm would of picked you , your not Now fuck off

Gazolba

Sambou should consider what happened to Conor Thomas and Bigi when they went to Premier League clubs, then look where they are now.

But who's to say they would have been any better off if they had stayed with Coventry. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. Maybe they would have turned out to be crap no matter what they did.

H

Huckerby

But who's to say they would have been any better off if they had stayed with Coventry. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. Maybe they would have turned out to be crap no matter what they did.
Do you not think that lack of first team experience severely inhibits player development?

johnwillomagic

He's crap and will not make it at premier league level ...close thread Im bored with this already....how the
hell is this up to 15 pages already!!!???

shmmeee

Are we in some alternate reality? Thomas is still with us.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't kid. If he makes it or not it'll be because of his talent, not his decision to leave.

Still a snotty little upstart though.. ;)

singers_pore

We ought to be handing out 5 year contracts on low wages before these kids get a sniff of being in the U21s. As usual the club leaves it too late and then we lose out as the uncontracted players are free to sign for someone else. If we had them on long term contacts at say 2k per month, the club would have more control over its own destiny. There's nopoint having an academy if we lose our best players before they even play for the first team.

georgehudson

a splendid article by Andy Turner in todays Cov Telegraph, says it all really, though this agent / these advisors ought to be named, so their validity can be questioned

chiefdave

We ought to be handing out 5 year contracts on low wages before these kids get a sniff of being in the U21s.

Then you'd be signing them up at a time when you don't know if they will come close to making the grade. You'd potentially have a squad of 50 kids the vast majority of which aren't up to scratch.

No doubt then people would be moaning we were paying for a load of unneeded players.

no_loyalty

Top clubs shouldn't be able to hoard all the talent, it's bad for competition and it's bad for the national team.

Its about time the F.A. did something about this, maybe a young player should not be allowed to leave their first club until at least the age of 21?

Warwickhunt

Its about time the F.A. did something about this, maybe a young player should not be allowed to leave their first club until at least the age of 21?
Rooney made his premiership debut at 16

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Personally I think the lad is being badly advised and that though he may get a "glory" move that will be the last we hear of him. There are many players that get hoovered up in this manner and the vast majority disappear without trace having had a brief period of inflated earnings

Good luck to him but cant help thinking what he has done so far doesnt really seem to back up the inflation of his stature.

Sad isnt it that our club has become agitated about losing a player that has achieved nothing at all in reality - sign of the times I guess:thinking about:

Oz Howie

Why would we want him to change his mind? His advisers (unlikely to be the player) have shown they are not interested in his development and long term future, just more money now. Maybe we'll see him again on his way down to the level his questionable ability will leave him!

chiefdave

just more money now.

Wonder how big the difference really is. Can't imagine we're offering more than a 2 year deal so its not like he'd be stuck here for ever. If he broke through into the first team next season and then signed an extension I can't see we're paying the first team squad far less than teams higher up pay U21 squad players.

He'd be far better off playing a season or two here. If he's as good as he thinks he is he'd be banging the goals in and be able to make a similar move to Wilson.

Gazolba

<snip>

Sad isn't it that our club has become agitated about losing a player that has achieved nothing at all in reality - sign of the times I guess:thinking about:

You don't think potential has a value? Obviously, some other club does.

rupert_bear

My betting is he has been tapped up by a bigger club than we are and offered a couple of grand more a week, someone like MK Dons or Burton Albion who are both now bigger than we are ! Sad isn't it.

fernandopartridge

My betting is he has been tapped up by a bigger club than we are and offered a couple of grand more a week, someone like MK Dons or Burton Albion who are both now bigger than we are ! Sad isn't it.

Why would Burton Albion offer 2k per week more for an 18 year old who hasn't yet played a game at senior level? Why would MK Dons for that matter?

rupert_bear

I meant some club of that ilk who have become bigger than a one time top division outfit of 34 years when one club didn't exist and the other was way down the football pyramid.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is off to the Prem but I don't really care most of our youngsters that come through look miles away from first team football apart from Maddison ( who is very hot and cold) mist just hang around the under 21's and we loan younger players in and they are much more ready Armstrong.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You don't think potential has a value? Obviously, some other club does.

Yes potential has value but not the inflated agent driven values seen in football but thats not what i am saying

I think it is a reflection of how far the club has sank that the media and fans are exercised by the potential departure of a young lad has achieved precisely nothing in football so far. In the past we would have said shame but good luck to the lad, it wont affect us we have others in the pipeline and a strong first team he isnt close to yet............. now its "shit what are we going to do " he could have been first team next season and made a difference. Gone from a strong base to relying on the potential of unproven youngsters that have not achieved that much even in their own age group.

Thats the bit I find sad

Last edited:

chiefdave

Average L1 wage is £1,350 a week. If he's after a couple of grand more than we've offered him no wonder TM is pissed off.

Top PL U21 players get around £1,000 a week (based on reports that Man City's highest paid get that amount and I'd guess at them being at the top end).

torchomatic

Oh, I see you're just choosing two teams at random because of their past rather than anything substantive? To be honest, I don't care where he goes now.

I meant some club of that ilk who have become bigger than a one time top division outfit of 34 years when one club didn't exist and the other was way down the football pyramid.

torchomatic

Actually, I wonder if he IS actually off to the Prem. It's OK his agent saying clubs are "sniffing around", but I think we shall see where he ends up. Sometimes these players are part of a perfect storm and are good because of their surroundings, the way they are looked after and the players they play with. Take that away and...well, the pst is littered with players who have made the jump too soon.

He should really have listened to Mowbray rather than his agent who basically can't see further than what his cut will be. Sad.

He is off to the Prem but I don't really care most of our youngsters that come through look miles away from first team football apart from Maddison ( who is very hot and cold) mist just hang around the under 21's and we loan younger players in and they are much more ready Armstrong.

Terry Gibson's perm

Actually, I wonder if he IS actually off to the Prem. It's OK his agent saying clubs are "sniffing around", but I think we shall see where he ends up. Sometimes these players are part of a perfect storm and are good because of their surroundings, the way they are looked after and the players they play with. Take that away and...well, the pst is littered with players who have made the jump too soon.

He should really have listened to Mowbray rather than his agent who basically can't see further than what his cut will be. Sad.

I have said before that I hope they freeze him out now, no games make him train alone and do nothing to help him over the hext few weeks and keep him away from the other young players and as for his agent if he offers any players over the summer tell him do one.

ccfc121

Not sure why its not letting me post but i'll try keeping it abit shorter this team.
everton are one of the teams interested in him, i know because my brother knows bas.
apparently coventry offered him 700pw but his not interested.
i personally think its a mistake as the amount of young players cov give a chance in the first team. he'll be forgotten about moving to a team like Everton

torchomatic

Agree, we should concentrate on those players we will be keeping and developing for Coventry City. Why should be spend time and effort on someone who may benefit another club.

I have said before that I hope they freeze him out now, no games make him train alone and do nothing to help him over the hext few weeks and keep him away from the other young players and as for his agent if he offers any players over the summer tell him do one.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure why its not letting me post but i'll try keeping it abit shorter this team.
everton are one of the teams interested in him, i know because my brother knows bas.
apparently coventry offered him 700pw but his not interested.
i personally think its a mistake as the amount of young players cov give a chance in the first team. he'll be forgotten about moving to a team like Everton

700pw isn't bad if the average league one wage is 1500.

chiefdave

700pw isn't bad if the average league one wage is 1500.

He should be snapping their hand off for that. When you look at that compared to the L1 average and what PL U21s are getting its a great offer.

Can't imagine we've offered more than 2 years so he could take that for a year, get himself into the first team and scoring and then either negotiate an extension and wage increase or move to a 'bigger' team and be considered for the first team rather than U21s.

Users who are viewing this thread