Bassala Sambou (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He should be snapping their hand off for that. When you look at that compared to the L1 average and what PL U21s are getting its a great offer.

Can't imagine we've offered more than 2 years so he could take that for a year, get himself into the first team and scoring and then either negotiate an extension and wage increase or move to a 'bigger' team and be considered for the first team rather than U21s.

What is the threshold for calling yourself a baller though? Maybe he likes the look of a different tracksuit to wear instead?

I agree, if he doesn't want to sign then he can have fun training himself. Don't waste any resources on him.

steve82

700pw isn't bad if the average league one wage is 1500.

In a few years time he may well look back and think that was a good deal when he's working in a warehouse getting £120 a game for a non league team.
£700 a week before tax is better than the average city fan I bet, and all he's done is scored a few goals and shown a bit of promise for the u18's.

Terry Gibson's perm

In a few years time he may well look back and think that was a good deal when he's working in a warehouse getting £120 a game for a non league team.
£700 a week before tax is better than the average city fan I bet, and all he's done is scored a few goals and shown a bit of promise for the u18's.

The money can be very good down the pyramid some are getting hundreds a game.

georgehudson

so, memo to Andy Turner & other journo's out there,
let's have the agent & advisors named & interviewed, i'm sure we'd all be interested in knowing why they have advised Bas as such

Terry Gibson's perm

let's have the agent & advisors named & interviewed, i'm sure we'd all be interested in knowing why they have advised Bas as such

I hope the club are trying to keep the other young players away from this agent as well

ccfc121

pretty sure the 2nd year u18's are on £110 a week with a £20 win bonus, so 700pw is a massive jump. especially with the chance of actually getting first team football

chiefdave

Great idea, they shouldn't be hiding in the shadows taking their %.

Terry Gibson's perm

Think it was Pressley who said we're at a point now where you go to look at 10 or 11 year old kids who have shown promise and they already have an agent.

My nephew has one in the northern premier league which is two leagues down from the conference

Gazolba

I think the arguments on this thread are a little unbalanced. There is no guarantee Mowbray would give Sambou a chance in the first team next season. George Thomas is way ahead of Sambou in development and Mowbray only includes him in the squad in dire emergencies. Sambou has been very successful in the youth games, has scored lots of goals and yes even penalties. We signed Henderson rather than giving him a chance. So in my mind, although disappointing, it's perfectly understandable he has been scouted and is off. Thomas could well be the next one to think its a waste of time staying at CCFC.

singers_pore

But that would require the lazy twonts to do some actual work rather than banging out 200 words of drivel every day.

higgs

I hope we are in ongoing discussions with him behind the scenes I think he has serious potential be really disappointing to see him go he could be a 20 goal a season strikers and our designated penalty taker

ccfc121

Apparently everton offered bas 3000pw so quite alot more than cov have offered him. Football future wise he should stay but I suppose offering a 18 year old kid 3000 a week there's only going to be one outcome

stevefloyd

If I was a young lad and was being paid for arguments sake £500 a week then someone said they would double it I think no matter what I thought of my club I would seriously consider it, mercenary perhaps but thats life...money rules, however if someone came along and said look you don't seem to be getting anywhere here,come along in your new car which we will provide to you in your lovely private rented house and where there is a better prospect to play 1st team football then alas I also think I would be tempted to go

rupert_bear

Absolute no brainier for the lad, Everton have a good track record for snapping up starlets and getting them up to scratch look at Jon Stones and if it doesn't quiet work out there there is a load of pro clubs in and around merseyside at all levels to move onto, fair play to him I say.

Nick

Administrator
So he's been offered 3k a week at Everton, twice the league 1 average wage.

What do people want and blame SISU for? Should CCFC have matched it and paid him more than most first teamers?

Some people really are clueless.

hill83

Absolute no brainer for the lad. We'd have all done the same and anyone saying any different is full of shit or thick as fuck.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Haha you don't have a clue about how football works. Players see agents as a major positive and I'd probably move on if I were him as well.

If you're ambitious why would you stay at a hopeless league 1 club going nowhere?

Users who are viewing this thread