Bayliss (3 Viewers)

wingy

Had a look but can't find the right thread.
From the players own tweet and one article I think, It seemed like two years from Jan 2017.

Gibbo

The sale of Bayliss could pay for the 2/3 new midfielders we will need if promoted. Shipley and Vincenti will ok as become squad members but not regular first team; Andreu, I assume, will drop into the Bayliss slot, and Kelly takes over possibly from Doyle, who retires. We will also need a new left back (Haynes is contracted, but Stokes should go). Bayliss's sale could help a lot towards our needs
Any chance of any more Bayliss's coming through

ccfc_Tom

The sale of Bayliss could pay for the 2/3 new midfielders we will need if promoted. Shipley and Vincenti will ok as become squad members but not regular first team; Andreu, I assume, will drop into the Bayliss slot, and Kelly takes over possibly from Doyle, who retires. We will also need a new left back (Haynes is contracted, but Stokes should go). Bayliss's sale could help a lot towards our needs
Why would doyle retire? I expect him to still be here next season. I would rather not sell bayliss - we would never use the money to replace him.

vow

From a different article in another thread after much teeth gnashing.
We thought we'd finally found our Eldorado.
Terrible TV show, cancelled after one season or do you mean the Golden King? :)

ccfcway

or the sale of maddsion could pay for 2/3 midfielders / wingers, at least 1 left back and a keeper and we keep Bayliss

Mucca Mad Boys

This is great news if Bayliss is under contract for 1 more year + a club option (will obviously be taken). The kind of player that could help us through the divisions and with an experience midfield partner, could be a huge asset.

But, where was the initial confusion over his contract length? It’s baffling. Even if it expires this summer, do we still have the option?

wingy

Unless it's commercially sensative it has been frustrating the lack of clarity .
And still is as we're relying on the CT being accurate .

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If Doyle retires lord help us player of the season with his captaincy alone as for new midfielders IF we go up you will still see Vincenti and Shipley playing in there they are both good enough as for selling Bayliss why do we have to sell your class act. as players come in ( ie Stokes leaves left back comes in) players leave you might need to top up some wages .If you look at the start of the season released players would have probably have financed the players brought in.

Hobo

Robins also offered an extended contract to Beacon - he could have let him go

Depends on what the options were and what Beavons role was expected to be? Plus the playing field of the world is forever changing. Just a thought

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City skipper Michael Doyle admits he “loves” playing with teenager midfielder Tom Bayliss who he firmly believes if heading for the top.

The Sky Blues captain has partnered the 18-year-old in recent weeks as the teenager has been preferred to the more experience Liam Kelly.
Bayliss, who burst into the first team picture in December and has been in every starting line-up since, has already attracted the attention of a host of Premier League and Championship clubs and was the subject of a rejected bid from Derby County in the January transfer window.

The teenager is contracted to the Sky Blues for another season, with a year's option in the club's favour which City will trigger to tie him down until 2020.

“Tom is an outstanding player, you know. I love playing with him,” said 36-year-old Doyle , speaking to BBC Coventry and Warwickshire

“First and foremost he’s a great kid.

“It can be hard for young players these days with social media but I can’t speak highly enough of Tom and the way he handles himself.

“Also around the training ground every day and the way he goes about his work, and he is one of the players a lot of younger players should look at.

“He’s like a man and he’s only 18 and all the players have so much respect for him, and then when he comes on the pitch, for me personally, he's been absolutely brilliant to play with.”

He added: “I hope he’s not listening but he’s a special player and to be honest with you if he keeps going the way he is then he’s going right to the top.

“He’s got attributes that other players don’t have and for someone like myself to pick the ball up and give it to him to break the lines – there aren’t many players who have the ability to do that and he takes so much pressue off the team.

“If you look at the goal he scored against Crewe the other weekend, that’s probably what he needs to add more to his game.

“With the ability that he has he could probably score a lot more goals.

“That goal at Crewe came out of nowhere, he was breaking forward and going through three of four people like they weren’t there and that’s a special quality for a central midfielder to have.”

SlowerThanPlatt

At the start of the season I wouldn’t have said he’s the most talented out of the 7 offered pro terms. However, sometimes it’s just about getting your chance, taking it and making sure you produce good enough performances to remain in the side throughout the season.

Reactions: vow

Terry_dactyl

At the start of the season I wouldn’t have said he’s the most talented out of the 7 offered pro terms. However, sometimes it’s just about getting your chance, taking it and making sure you produce good enough performances to remain in the side throughout the season.

Serious question, who would you have said? Do we have others that you think we need to get excited about?

My knowledge of the youth team is pretty much non-existent.

SlowerThanPlatt

Serious question, who would you have said? Do we have others that you think we need to get excited about?

My knowledge of the youth team is pretty much non-existent.

If I had to pick one player who would come in and have played 20+ games and been subject to million pounds I would have said Kyle Finn. He’s a #10 or #7 however he’s played #8 this season for 23s. He made his debut off the bench against Blackburn.

Another player I think is a good player is Jordon Thompson. He is a late 99 August born like Bayliss. Read something recently that says you have a 50% higher of making it professional if you are born in September than August. Hes a centre back and played a few months for Barrow on loan (league below us), it’s rare lower league clubs would take an 18 year old defender on loan.

Terry_dactyl

If I had to pick one player who would come in and have played 20+ games and been subject to million pounds I would have said Kyle Finn. He’s a #10 or #7 however he’s played #8 this season for 23s. He made his debut off the bench against Blackburn.

Another player I think is a good player is Jordon Thompson. He is a late 99 August born like Bayliss. Read something recently that says you have a 50% higher of making it professional if you are born in September than August. Hes a centre back and played a few months for Barrow on loan (league below us), it’s rare lower league clubs would take an 18 year old defender on loan.

I remember Thompson going on loan. A centre back too. I would imagine a run out for Barrow would be good prep for the more physical aspects of the game.
I can honestly say I know nothing about Finn. Nor had I heard of the lad we sold to Man Utd.
Our academy really appears to keep producing quality.

SlowerThanPlatt

I remember Thompson going on loan. A centre back too. I would imagine a run out in for Barrow would be good prep for the more physical aspects of the game.
I can honestly say I know nothing about Finn. Nor had I heard of the lad we sold to Man Utd.
Our academy really appears to keep producing quality.

The lad we sold to United was a 15 year old - so an U16, it’s rare players that age will play for the 23s because if you’re a scout seeing a 15 y/o mixing it with 18, 19 and 20 year olds you’re going to know he’s a bit good.

They have 2 other very good players in the same age group. They have played up in the 18s all season

There’s s thread on here U18/U21 Development Thread which is popular and has many contributors if you want to keep more in touch :)

Terry_dactyl

Here it is if anyone

The lad we sold to United was a 15 year old - so an U16, it’s rare players that age will play for the 23s because if you’re a scout seeing a 15 y/o mixing it with 18, 19 and 20 year olds you’re going to know he’s a bit good.

They have 2 other very good players in the same age group. They have played up in the 18s all season

There’s s thread on here U18/U21 Development Thread which is popular and has many contributors if you want to keep more in touch :)

Thanks. Very informative. Will do.

Users who are viewing this thread